[REL] The Secret Garden (1975)

Jacen

Re: [REL] The Secret Garden (1975)

Post by Jacen »   0 likes

Does anyone still have this? I lost mine and I'm trying to download it again.
Thanks for helping!
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   0 likes

It's on Youtube in splitted parts. First part here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oACHkRRzNow
Jacen

Post by Jacen »   0 likes

Thanks! I'll download this, but it's quality probably isn't as great as the file we have here?
marvingray

Post by marvingray »   1 likes

Here is the direct link to the full playlist Ghost mentioned earlier:

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLOL- ... uWtKkrrOXL

I've been watching videos about the Yorkshire accent because I like the way Martha and her family speak, especially in this version. :lol:
pillowbaker

Post by pillowbaker »   4 likes

I found the full DVD available on a private tracker. 7gb. Still has seeders.

Title..............: The Secret Garden (1975) R2SE
Source.............: PAL DVD9 downloaded from another highly respected tracker and checked by me. The DVD is the Swedish release so has Swedish menus but English audio. Episodes 2 to 7 have brief recaps before the opening titles.
Resolution.........: 720 x 576
Framerate..........: 25 FPS
Video Codec........: MPEG2
Audio..............: English Dolby Digital 2.0 @ 192kbps
Subtitles..........: Swedish
Link...............: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0073675/

Would anyone be interested in it if I grabbed it?
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   1 likes

pillowbaker wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 5:58 am Would anyone be interested in it if I grabbed it?
Yes, please. :bigups

I am assuming that a full PAL DVD9 will have better quality than the 480p YouTube links, right?

It is a shame that I can not find a complete set of English subtitles, as marvingray's mention of a Yorkshire accent has me frightened ... but still interested.
marvingray

Post by marvingray »   0 likes

pillowbaker wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 5:58 am I found the full DVD available on a private tracker. 7gb. Still has seeders.

Would anyone be interested in it if I grabbed it?
i liked the post but I decided to come back and say yeah I'd love that. I got the dvd, i'd just rip it but I literally don't have disc drives anymore. I want to put it in my nightly rotation :lol:
pillowbaker

Post by pillowbaker »   0 likes

Sure, already downloaded.

It is also in the VIDEO_TS format. I'll just do a spot of research using Night's post, and I'll have an ISO ready soon.

Edit: I know what you mean about disc drives. The way I got mine is from when you used to be able to find "external" DVD burners from goodwill. Got two of them now. Old things, they are now, but still do the job. Disc reading only for me though. My disc burning days are long behind me.
marvingray

Post by marvingray »   0 likes

pillowbaker wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 6:25 am Sure, already downloaded.

It is also in the VIDEO_TS format. I'll just do a spot of research using Night's post, and I'll have an ISO ready soon.

Edit: I know what you mean about disc drives. The way I got mine is from when you used to be able to find "external" DVD burners from goodwill. Got two of them now. Old things, they are now, but still do the job. Disc reading only for me though. My disc burning days are long behind me.
Good idea, I never really thought of that. A lot of antiquated technology is super cheap now I guess. I tried looking up VCRs but it seems like they've been shooting up in price.
pillowbaker

Post by pillowbaker »   1 likes

Oh I still see those at goodwill and similar thrift shops. If you're lucky, you can score one with component or even HDMI out plugs. Just make sure to look to see if the HDMI or component out plugs are "DVD only" (you're likely to find VCR/DVD player combos), leaving the VCR portion as composite out. They still run around $15 to $20.