[REL] Du är inte klok, Madicken (1979) + eng subs

ptguardian

Re: [REL] Du är inte klok, Madicken (1979) + eng subs

Post by ptguardian »   0 likes

uggla wrote:
ptguardian wrote:Excellent to see someone following the x265 and by the looks of the specs you have nearly mirrored my Ricky the Rapper encode.
How did you manage to get ASS subs (text)? I only get pgssub (graphical).
I did the encode a while ago and do not recall exactly. Usually I extract the movie and any subs included and make a mkv file with MakeMKV and use Handbrake to do the compressed encode. The Ricky Rapper file I downloaded someone else's rip that had the subs included, Handbrake accepted them with no problem.

As for mirroring specs I meant the file size for a 1080p is the same. However now that I have your rip and have tried to play it, definitely not the same. Very jerky and will not play in vlc and barely in MPC-HC and that with out of sync sound. My system even as old as it is has a very good dual graphics card. :(

I suggest and request you do another encode at x264 that is bigger and that everyone can play. This would be greatly appreciated. :pray :cool1

For those who want to see if your machine can handle this file the newest version of MPC-HC is a good option. http://sourceforge.net/projects/mpc-hc/ ... p_redirect

emuler

Post by emuler »   0 likes

PTg, unfortunately there is as yet no hardware decoder for HEVC - the decoding is done in software (high CPU usage) and the rendering is done as usual (if you have a discrete graphics adapter, then that will take over the rendering part). Maybe the next generation of graphics cards will have hardware decoding support for this. Until then, we have to live with the limitations.

For a change, MPC-HC is better at this than VLC, especially if you try to render subtitles (that really killed my system).
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   1 likes

I'm not having any trouble displaying this in either VLC 2.2.1 or MPC-HC and I'm not seeing the huge processor hit you mention, emuler - only 3% even with subtitles using VLC. I'm sure having strong enough hardware is important, but there may be settings, especially video, that make HEVC chew processor power more than expected.

Were subtitles inside the HEVC file? All I see is "Chapter 01" in VLC, nothing in MPC-HC. I had to delay the subtitles file I had for the earlier release by 13500 ms to make them match in MPC-HC and 13.5 seconds in VLC.
emuler

Post by emuler »   1 likes

Thanks, Phuzzy. That gives me a reference point for my tweaking. I was using srt subs just like you, so the huge difference between MPC-HC and VLC on my system is very puzzling. My laptop is 5 years old and my CPU usage is about 6% using MPC-HC - fairly good going, I would say. I'll try to figure out what's driving VLC nuts. Which OS are you on? Perhaps it's a Windows 8.1 update 1 thing. (Rebuilding index on VLC doesn't work either.)
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

Win 8.1 64-bit on a quad core i7-4790 3.6 GHz and 12 GB RAM. Video is nVidia GeForce GT 720 with 1GB RAM.
emuler

Post by emuler »   1 likes

Just one or two more questions.
1. MPC-HC 64 bit or 32 bit?
2. Do the hotkeys for subtitle delay work?

I'll eventually dig out Subtitle Workshop and edit the subs themselves, but I like to tweak. :blush
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   1 likes

64-bit for both and hotkeys worked in MPC for subtitle delay. Didn't look in VLC because I knew how much delay was needed and just entered it in Tools | Track Synchronization.
uggla

Post by uggla »   1 likes

ptguardian wrote:I suggest and request you do another encode at x264 that is bigger and that everyone can play. This would be greatly appreciated. :pray :cool1
Sorry, I tried different bitrates and denoise settings, but I'm unable to make an x264 rip that looks as good as the HEVC rip above. I think posting another rip with inferior quality does not make sense :wall

Indeed, the HEVC rip looks surprisingly good. It even looks better than the original bluray, which is very noisy.

@phuzzy: no, subs are not included. The disc has only Swedish and Norwegian subs anyway.
infiniter

Post by infiniter »   0 likes

I bought the Blu-ray a while ago and tried to reauthor it into a swedish/german Blu-ray, including german audio for the main movie and german/swedish menus. In the end, it worked. Unfortunately, the resulting Blu-ray does not play correctly on a PS4. This is due to flaws in the authoring software.
But I got the 1:1 video stream with cut german audio in 20 GB size. Best quality you can have. The swedish movie version is longer. For scenes without german audio I edited and added german forced subs.
Shall I upload it to Usenet? TLM group?
saroyan

Post by saroyan »   0 likes

infiniter wrote:I bought the Blu-ray a while ago ...
Shall I upload it to Usenet? TLM group?
Upgrade here