[REL] el Laberinto del Fauno (2006)

charlottegainsbourg1

Re: [REL] el Laberinto del Fauno (2006)

Post by charlottegainsbourg1 »   0 likes

no ot at all?
redcat

Post by redcat »   1 likes

No OT but don't miss this one: it's very good and interesting movie! Especially if you like heroic-fantasy... and cute lg too. ;)
Rich

Post by Rich »   0 likes

redcat wrote:No OT but don't miss this one: it's very good and interesting movie! Especially if you like heroic-fantasy... and cute lg too. ;)
I agree, totally lost myself in this one.... extraordinary fantasy,, and the violence is a nice touch too :cool1 highly recommended! :)
blip

Post by blip »   9 likes

Just an update to this movie.

New sources for those interested.

Like this post to see ed2k links  [701.15 Mb]
hardcoded english subtitles.

Like this post to see ed2k links  [1.79 Gb]
hardcoded english and chinese subtitles.

Like this post to see ed2k links  [2.05 Gb]
spanish audio.
Like this post to see ed2k links  [57.7 Kb]
english subtitles.

All of these have good sources and with high ID should take less than a week to download. The third files subtitles has only one source besides me. I will keep it powershare for a bit for those interested.

This movie is on my all time top 10 list. You shouldn't miss it even though it lacks OT.
DragonLord

Post by DragonLord »   0 likes

I agree, it is a definite must see. It as it all, history, fantasy, adventure, romance and sorrow plus a cute kid, what more could you want in a movie.
Terrysherry

Post by Terrysherry »   0 likes

Anybody got an English version?
popdrome

Post by popdrome »   14 likes

Terrysherry wrote:Anybody got an English version?
I'm not sure if an english version exists. English audio that is. There are many Spanish audio versions out there with engl subs. I saw a rip with a -supposedly- english track, but that was just a directors commentary track.

So let me post what I have,

A full HD (Spanish audio) version, with matching english subs.

Enjoy!

Like this post to see ed2k links  [1.67 Gb]
Like this post to see ed2k links  [55.8 Kb]

Don't go quietly into the night.
Rich_Visiting

Post by Rich_Visiting »   1 likes

I'm new to all these different qualities, so if the trailer is in 8k :shock: does that mean the film is too? Genuinely interested...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okQsEpSeGV8

Also, when I try to play in 8k the playback freezes like my computer can't handle it or something :think give me VHS lol :lol:
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   1 likes

Interesting ... there are those that claim that 4k is the resolution limit for 35mm film (which this movie is) and the 4kUHD Blu-ray for this was considered flawed by many. (Except the industry shill pro reviews, who all said "OOOOh wow, sooo beautiful.") There are 8k TVs that are getting cheaper every day, but who outside a few places in Japan has 8k broadcasts? Maybe they did a new 8k digital scan to show in theaters ... but again, most theaters are still only 2k capable. Sheesh.

I can not even play 4k videos without error on my 2k computer monitor. They work on my 4k TV though.
deadman

Post by deadman »   1 likes

Night457 wrote:Interesting ... there are those that claim that 4k is the resolution limit for 35mm film (which this movie is) and the 4kUHD Blu-ray for this was considered flawed by many. (Except the industry shill pro reviews, who all said "OOOOh wow, sooo beautiful.") There are 8k TVs that are getting cheaper every day, but who outside a few places in Japan has 8k broadcasts? Maybe they did a new 8k digital scan to show in theaters ... but again, most theaters are still only 2k capable. Sheesh.

I can not even play 4k videos without error on my 2k computer monitor. They work on my 4k TV though.
Most source material is not in native 8K resolution. Not all original masters of old movies are 4K, it depends on the type of film used. A lot of it is though. But 4K broadcast content, while much more prevalent than a few years ago, still lags behind where you'd like it to be. Going to be many years before you start seeing a lot of 8K.

We may never see 8K bluray. It would probably require a UV laser to read such discs, and they're moving away from physical media, so I wouldn't be surprised if 4K bluray is the limit for optical disc technology. Most films would have to be upscaled (like this one). You wouldn't be getting true 8K anyway.