What is best way to post screenshots?

Having a problem or need a question answered? Request any form of help here, technical or non-technical.
vidman49

What is best way to post screenshots?

Post by vidman49 »   0 likes

What is the best way to post screen shots on the site? I am currently using Image Shack - but it only gives a small thumbnail link on the post. I have noticed many posts that have larger pictures on the post itself without having to click on the link and get a new page to view the larger photo. How do they do that? I have searched the forums and found mention of a couple of other image posting sites, but they look the same as Image Shack.
starfish21

Re: What is best way to post screenshots?

Post by starfish21 »   0 likes

when you're typing your message,at the bottom of the text box there is a link to 'postimage' the official image host for the forum.from there you can choose an image or several images from your pc.when you've uploaded your pic go back to the unfinished post and click on 'preview' button,you'll see your pic in the post,click on it and when it opens right click and select 'copy image url' now go back to your post and delete the text for your pic,click on the 'img' button at the top of the box,paste the image url and click the 'img' button once more.
that gives your post full size images.i've been here about 5 years and only found out how to do this the other day.
vidman49

Thanks - now I don't feel quite so bad always asking questions - since it took you that long to figure it out. You saved me the time and work to eventually figure it out for myself.
starfish21

vidman49 wrote:Thanks - now I don't feel quite so bad always asking questions - since it took you that long to figure it out. You saved me the time and work to eventually figure it out for myself.
i didn't quite mean it took me 5 years to figure it out,i only asked the other day and got it explained to me.

[Image]

over the next 5 years i hope to find out about the other buttons..........

[Image]
BizarreLoveTriangle

Post by BizarreLoveTriangle »   0 likes

vidman49 wrote:What is the best way to post screen shots on the site? I am currently using Image Shack - but it only gives a small thumbnail link on the post.
You get large image if you remove '.tn' from the file name. Postimage has a problem with referrers, so non-thumbnail images may not be shown in browser (I and willow had this problem). I think most large images here have been posted with imageshack.

I've been using imageshack, but I don't really like imageshack either, because they don't let unregistered users delete the pics and since recently they only display thumbnail link to unregistered users.
vidman49

starfish21 wrote: i didn't quite mean it took me 5 years to figure it out,i only asked the other day and got it explained to me.

[Image]

over the next 5 years i hope to find out about the other buttons..........

[Image]
So - is that me getting bonked in the head with the bat and being squashed like a bug?? :)

(I did realize that you hadn't worked on trying to figure out how to post pictures all that time)

And THANKS AGAIN you guys for helping me out with my questions. I do have a few more I will be asking in the next few days, but when I know a little more - I won't be bugging you all so much.

Thanks!!!! I hope to make it up to you all by posting a few films you will want!!! (Instead of like my last "release" that was already posted). Sorry about that.
starfish21

no,it was me