emule in 2019

Having a problem or need a question answered? Request any form of help here, technical or non-technical.
Warg

Re: emule in 2019

Post by Warg »   0 likes

Phuzzy4242 wrote:Ghost is great at finding upgrades to films, but you and other people have been finding lots of stuff and posting both ed2k and dd links, so don't think you're not important to FLM. I haven't released much lately because of time constraints but I'll keep sharing - both ghost and I have NAS and I'm getting all my DVDs and DBs copied onto mine to make reshares easier (too many to keep online at one time).
New contributions to flm aren't the point ... It's the many already dead links that have to be reshared if someone asks - it's mainly you and Ghost who keep most of the movies and do these reshares. With a decreasing participation in the sharing process - and my work through the old releases has shown me there were much more dedicated people involved in the early times of this forum - I see a needles eye here if you guys should ever leave. The well known movies you can always find somewhere else and re-release them, it's the big number of less important and smaller movies that would then suddenly vanish out of accesibility and most of the work done in 15 years would be lost for good, you see ... :?
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

I can't disagree with there being fewer people participating than there used to be but I don't see a solution for it. There are LOTS of people downloading but very few uploading, and probably very few sharing anything at all, let alone FLM material. I don't download every release on FLM. Before I got decent bandwidth, I had to pick and choose what films seemed interesting, so there's a lot I never downloaded, and ghost was absent for several years, so he probably missed a lot too.

Torrents don't seem to me to be a solution - any posted would go dead relatively quickly. I have over 4000 files shared and I swap things around frequently by removing files with more than one source so I only share rare stuff. I'd have to post new torrents here and delete old ones. If I have to go to that much trouble, I just won't bother.

Same with direct downloads. They require intentionally uploading to a host, with all those limitations, and reshare requests would be constant so REuploading would be required. Who wants to go through that much hassle?

One of eMule's biggest assets is the ability to share without any effort - you just put files in a folder and let people come get them. Until and unless an equivalent is created, this is the only one that's viable for large-scale sharing.
Rich_Visiting

Post by Rich_Visiting »   0 likes

Phuzzy4242 wrote:I can't disagree with there being fewer people participating than there used to be but I don't see a solution for it.
It's a fine line, I remember having similar difficulties, I wanted more members and activity to improve the quality of the board but where to get them?

I orginally made "FirstLoveMovies.com" (the site at the time) my eMule nick, but I don't know what the security aspects there would be now in doing that. Then I posted RIPs on other p2p boards with an FLM tag in the release title. I also visited some girl chat forums (and model sites, let's not go there lol) and posted links to the forum there, which was kind of risky (probably more so now!) but quite a few expressed interest.

It's kind of like networking but you just have to be a little careful ;) A well placed movie upload to youtube for example with the correct title and keywords could bring many people to come visit FLM. Old movies (especially international ones) can in general be uploaded there with little consequence other than it may get deleted.

It's just about knowing where would be an acceptible place to "advertise". Hope that helps a little ;)
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   0 likes

A well placed movie upload to youtube for example with the correct title and keywords could bring many people to come visit FLM
Hmmmm the idea sounds not so bad.. Some advertising for FLM.. And Youtube is one of the biggest place and therefore it could be the most dangerous. I don't know.. maybe yes, maybe no. It has to be done very very careful. Suggestions and comments are welcome ;)

I remember the old times, when this board had more than 1000 hits a day and files in eMule had several hundred sources.. I think we have to live with the fact, that the mule is dying a slow death.. Let's see what the future will bring us. At the moment I am quite pleased with the situation like it is. 8-)
Warg

Post by Warg »   0 likes

It's not directly linked to the discussion but right in this moment my primary forum ("Children in movies" on hrenvam) has been deleted again. I don't know how many themes I have buried there. Another 3 years of work vanish into the void. You see how sudden and fast this happens ... :cry:
Rich_Visiting wrote:A well placed movie upload to youtube for example with the correct title and keywords could bring many people to come visit FLM.
You mean trolls? :mrgreen:
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

We're discussing the general decline in eMule, not just FLM. When the board went down in 2011 there was an instant drop in activity even though the actual downtime was only about a week. People just didn't come back for whatever reason. There were a few core people like loverboy, ptguardian, and starfish21 who helped keep FLM alive until other people started joining and helping, but there's never been as much activity as the old FLM. eMule itself has had a huge drop in activity. Even two years ago, the major servers like TV Underground would usually have 120,000 people on them. Now it averages around 85,000.

The question is really "What's the easiest way to share and let people know what you're sharing?" If it ain't easy, it ain't happenin'. What's in it for me if I do all the work? Not having to do anything special to share what you have is IMO the biggest advantage eMule has.

We definitely don't need trolls. Or more spammers.
Rich_Visiting

Yes of course it may bring trolls :cry: The only reason I mention Youtube is that I spend a long time on there and recently came across someone sharing boy related movies (old DEFA ones) and he had lots of subs. But I'm not suggesting this would be a good move, it was just an idea ;)

For the drop in eMule users I think it is likely that they switched to torrent. There has been a similar decline on Fileheaven which is sad because it once had all the latest releases. Its horror based spin off (HHAH) is still very active though, which only deals with horror movies (if you have any girl horror movie requests those guys will find them ;) ), so that at least says that when a forum is more focussed (like FLM) it can receive a lot of interest. The servers, I'm not sure about, but there is a strong correlation between when the decline of servers and server users when the US installed a government in Ukraine where most of the good servers were based :alien ... removes tin foil hat!

But I certainly agree, trolls and spammers would make life difficult and the one good member that comes through may not be worth the multiple trolls that may come with them :cry:
Tiny Blondie

Post by Tiny Blondie »   2 likes

There are many CL communities, advertising the forum would not be a problem. FLM is public, old and indexed by search engines, so if it was attracting trolls they would have been already here for years, apparently they are not. What the forum offers is not the subject of trolling, possibly debates, but nothing else. Anyway, if the scenario get out of control, you can always close it, and make it private or semi-private and allow only cool fellows.

Regarding the way of sharing, we are no more in 2000, a lot of things have changed and for many CL, p2p is a no go (since it is the easiest and most monitored channel), the same would apply to Torrents. So more members would probably not mean more contributors, at least through these means of sharing.

However the existence of files hosting services would help in several ways: security, anonymity, long retention/availability, contributions. Files uploaded with a Premium account are never deleted, it often comes with a price but usually quite affordable. Some of these hosts can be paid anonymously (gift cards, NeoSurf, PaySafe cards, etc.). deadman has generously started this mean of sharing. His oldest post with ddl is apparently this one: https://www.first-loves.com/forums/view ... dbe#p76615

all the links are still active after many months.

Uloz is also a good example of a reliable host, but there are others (sometimes free, they get paid with the adds).

ps: regarding Youtube, posted Feb 17, 2019, already 2 millions views https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O13G5A5w5P0
Lolita, light of my life, fire of my loins. My sin, my soul. Lo-lee-ta.
ferdi111

Post by ferdi111 »   0 likes

Regarding to youtube...it isn't very secure because the army of stool pigeons there who can see even the (semi)private videos and like to write all sorts of complaints very much
Rich_Visiting

Tiny Blondie wrote: ps: regarding Youtube, posted Feb 17, 2019, already 2 millions views https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O13G5A5w5P0

Wow this guys is very emotional, if he stepped back to recover himself he could answer his own question of "Why does this exist?"

1. Parents are not monitoring their children’s internet use. If I had a child you can be damn sure I would be watching their Youtube channel like a hawk, infact they would not have one.

2. The videos he is referring to are ones with children doing gymnastics, in swimming costumes etc. Newsflash, people find them attractive and I'm not talking about a handful of people some of these videos have 1000's or tens of thousands of views. Would he prefer these people go elsewhere to other content where children are more at risk? Talking form experience there is no "cure" for this attraction. The only way forward is to work within the confines of the law as Youtube does and reduce interaction with the child.

3. It is absolutely impossible to control this content whilst allowing children to upload to Youtube. A slip of a towel, a low cut top, a short skirt etc etc is all it takes for a video to enter "the wormhole". Infact, a child could be fully clothed and still someone may feel attraction, how can this be monitored? It can't. You can’t classify something that is within the confines of the law and that does not hurt the child as inappropriate just because of a person’s attraction towards it, it doesn't make sense. Further, how a person uses this material, although I'm sure is abhorrent to some, is not a crime and never will be unless thoughts and feelings become criminal.

Just one more thing, if you look at the statistics on harm done to children in real life and the growth of the internet there is a VERY strong correlation in the reduction in the former. If Youtube videos help further these statistics, and with the understanding that these people will not just go away, how can a few girls in bikinis on Youtube possibly be a bad thing?? :idea:

Sorry, don't want to derail the thread just thought I would comment on the link given.