Play back on VLC

Having a problem or need a question answered? Request any form of help here, technical or non-technical.
triviatus

Play back on VLC

Post by triviatus »   0 likes

Occasionally when playing videos on VLC, the screen goes blank and will then slowly go back to normal in small blocks. It doesn't do it at the same place. It can be really irritating. Is there something I can do about it?
What time is it Eccles?
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Re: Play back on VLC

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

On every video? On every format (wmv, avi, mpg, rm, flv, others)? Are you running lots of other programs at the same time, like maybe RAM is full and swapping is going on? I don't have problems like that unless a film doesn't have enough key frames - they allow everything to stay in sync and sometimes lower-quality or badly done rips use fewer. Give us a few clues to chew on and maybe someone can help.
triviatus

Re: Play back on VLC

Post by triviatus »   0 likes

It's not on every video, and videos will play cleanly then the blank will appear. When I say blank, the screen goes greyish and as it clears the picture can be seen (at first I thought it was interference - its that sort of effect. Although I do sometimes have several things running at the same time, it can occur at any time.
What time is it Eccles?