[REL] Piccole Labbra (1978)

Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Re: [REL] Piccole Labbra (1978)

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   1 likes

TV? Haven't had one in my house in 10 or more years. Once they went digital we couldn't get anything over the air, and I'll be damned if I'll pay actual money for 100 channels of shxt on cable... which I wouldn't watch anyway. I'd estimate I've watched a total of maybe 10 hours of television in the last 20 years.

Blu-ray burners aren't that expensive, but it's cheaper to buy another hard drive unless you just want it for ripping BR discs. I rarely use mine since I've copied everything to hard drive. In the other direction, your television may already have a video input like hdma or dvi that your computer's video card can drive, and there are PC-to-video converters too.
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

I never got over-the-air broadcasts out in the woods here and cable has never been strung along my road, and I have not had satellite-TV since the early-1990's, so NYAH NYAH I was a "cord-cutter" before the media even identified it as a "thing." ;) My TV is not for watching telly broadcasts, it is for watching movies, whether they are sourced from home media formats (DVD, blu-ray) or what I euphemistically call "streaming." (In my terminology, I "stream" anything I download.) I had the same reaction as you did to paying money for terrible TV content.

I find it very ironic that many of my favorite FLM films are sourced from (non-U.S.) television broadcasts. If only American TV would show the good stuff!

I have experience in playing burned blu-ray discs so I know how crap they are, so I don't need a burner. But there are times when I have a film on disc with no subtitles, and subtitles acquired online, and would like to combine them. Only monstrously expensive standalone blu-ray players like an OPPO would do that on the fly, so a computer drive for ripping makes the most sense.

But REALLY, what I need to do is upgrade my computer: I do all my browsing, downloading and video processing on a 7-year-old 10" Notebook PC, which I am now surprised to find actually has a micro-HDMI port. Maybe I CAN hook it up to my TV, ahem, my "really big computer monitor."
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   1 likes

Night457 wrote:I find it very ironic that many of my favorite FLM films are sourced from (non-U.S.) television broadcasts. If only American TV would show the good stuff!
I rarely watch U.S. films. Most are remakes of remakes, each worse than the last. Films cost so much to make the studios don't want to take risks, so they try to milk a little more out of an idea that made money in the past. They're so formulaic, you know what's going to happen next, and you can almost count on there being guns and a fiery car crash even in chick-flics. They also try to shove social justice crap even though a large part of the audience doesn't want it.
Night457 wrote:I have experience in playing burned blu-ray discs so I know how crap they are, so I don't need a burner. But there are times when I have a film on disc with no subtitles, and subtitles acquired online, and would like to combine them. Only monstrously expensive standalone blu-ray players like an OPPO would do that on the fly, so a computer drive for ripping makes the most sense.
I used BR disks to store files I downloaded, not native BR or DVD. Their drawback is it takes a lot of them to contain the same amount as a hard drive (at least 44 per terabyte - expen$ive), and burning a disc takes a long time, not to mention optical discs are going out of use just like floppies. Most newer computers don't have an optical disc. Heck, they're doing away with USB ports too.
Night457 wrote:But REALLY, what I need to do is upgrade my computer: I do all my browsing, downloading and video processing on a 7-year-old 10" Notebook PC, which I am now surprised to find actually has a micro-HDMI port. Maybe I CAN hook it up to my TV, ahem, my "really big computer monitor."
You can also get converters and adapters that change VGA/DVI/HDMI to any of the other formats. A lot of laptops and tablets have no ports except one or two USB-C's, an earphone jack, and a power jack. I have an adapter that plugs into a USB-C port and provides an RJ-45 NIC, 2 USB-A ports, an HDMI video port, and SD and Micro-SD slots. Cost about $20 - probably not fast enough for 4K streaming but fast enough for 1080p. If you have a USB 3.x port on your computer, you could get a better adapter that could handle the video you want.

Or you could spend big bucks and get a top-of-the-line computer and display. :lol:
emuler

Post by emuler »   1 likes

There is a small gadget that connects to your TV or monitor's HDMI port that lets you stream from your computer to the bigger screen. Anycast, Miracast, etc. Lots of variants out there. The one I bought works fine, and cost about $15.
Night457
Global Moderator

That sounds like something even skinflint me might go for, and would avoid the need for a 12-foot HDMI cable from the laptop by my side to the TV I am watching. Since it would be yet another wireless broadcast in my house on top of the WiFi router and blutooth signals, do I need to start wearing a tinfoil hat to protect my brain from being scrambled?
emuler

Post by emuler »   1 likes

No, these use the existing wifi router - local network only, so no internet bandwidth needed.
Night457
Global Moderator

I think my brain has adapted to the existing WiFi without damage (my family may disagree) so I may be safe. And if as you say it does not detract from my external internet bandwidth, I can use it without slowing down my emule traffic. Cool.
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   77 likes

Came across this DVD5 iso of the full movie (75 minutes) and extras, with interesting scenes I haven't seen in any version I've watched. English and Russian audio, so-so picture quality - I don't know if it's good enough for ghost to work his magic. :lol: Enjoy!

Like this post to see ed2k links  [4.23 Gb]

(be aware I have lowid but high bandwidth so it may download slowly for many people.)
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   1 likes

Thanks Phuz... Of cource I will take a very close look on this ;) :)
emuler

Post by emuler »   0 likes

Phuzzy4242 wrote:Came across this DVD5 iso of the full movie (75 minutes) and extras, with interesting scenes I haven't seen in any version I've watched. English and Russian audio, so-so picture quality - I don't know if it's good enough for ghost to work his magic. :lol: Enjoy!

Little_Lips_DVD5_Bobropandavar.iso

(be aware I have lowid but high bandwidth so it may download slowly for many people.)
Got nothing. LowID to LowID just isn't working for me. Any help appreciated.