[REL] Piccole Labbra (1978)

Night457
Global Moderator

Re: [REL] Piccole Labbra (1978)

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

emuler wrote:The known.dat files contain information about your shared files - if you lose them all your shared files will have to be hashed again.
Oh yeah, it had to do that too when I restarted it! It took a little while.

I have all my eMule uploads backed up across multiple external hard drives (I have been filling drives up quickly the past year) but as a result of this I now also have them all backed up in one folder on one drive, just in case. I don't mind the time taken to rehash them, but if something seriously goes wrong and the video files themselves are wiped out, I would hate to have to hunt them all down one by one.

I checked out the eMule-Project link you gave and yup, sure enough, I have been getting error messages about eMule being unable to save ALL the .met files, and that is because the entire folder (and contents) disappeared. I have no idea how I could have done that. I was indeed cleaning up my system lately, but I stayed out of the eMule Program Files.

When I reach the point of the reinstall, I will INDEED take your advice and back up that damn CONFIG folder. Thank you very much!
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   1 likes

...That's why you should backup your system as often as possible... :( It can be so importanat and saves you a lot of work and time. There are many programs for this purpose.
Night457
Global Moderator

ghost wrote:...That's why you should backup your system as often as possible...
Yes Dad. :D

(As in yes I know that is what one ought to do. I think I last did it 6 years ago, which is before I began emuling!)

In defense of laziness, it also takes time and effort to do backups (unless one has a RAID) and if there is a problem you still have to diagnose what files are corrupted or missing and find them in the backup. Sometimes it is just easier to start from scratch. I am fortunate that I have very RARELY had a software issue like this, and just uninstalling and reinstalling should not be difficult. (I would have done it already if the currently-downloading emule files were finished.) Maybe some day I will be smacked hard with a SERIOUS problem and decide to change my bad habits.

Consequently, over the years I have continued to backup data but have gotten really, really lax in backing up system and software files. In the worst case scenario, I will be forced to say "I guess it is time to update from Windows 8.1"! And all those programs that I have not used in years just won't get reinstalled. I will have a nice, clean system with just the software I am currently using ... until another several years from now, when it is bloated all over again with junk.

As no one is reporting serious eMule issues, clearly the problem is just ME, which is a relief. I can put my paranoia to rest for today.
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   1 likes

No, my son ;)

It's pretty easy to do sheduled backups (I am using Macrium Reflect and it's saving my system automatically every night to my NAS)...
But this is another story and would be going too far now.

To make it short: You should at least save your eMule folder reguaryl ;)
Night457
Global Moderator

Wow, that was seriously messed up. Got it fixed, I think, and so far I don't see problems with other software ... but I have done a first-pass virus check in case that was the cause. Nothing found.

Even after completely uninstalling and wiping out previous folders, upon reinstall the same problems occurred. There was no CONFIG folder and it failed to create the Incoming and Temp file directories. I ultimately found the CONFIG folder hidden in the AppData/Local folder and moved it into the Program Files/eMule folder where it should be, and then more features began working. I manually reloaded Servers in eMule because it would not find them automatically; I could share files but not add ed2k links. known.met and server.met files could not be CREATED. Finally after Google research I reset the PERMISSIONS for the Program Files/eMule folder to include the sole User (myself) to have Full Control. I am already the Admin anyway, but what the hell. Then suddenly all the .met and .dat files could be saved by eMule in the CONFIG folder, just like magic. I dunno how in the heck the Program Files/eMule folder lost permissions in the FIRST place, but that was apparently the cause of all the agony.

I am going to have to do a more in-depth search for a virus or Trojan. It has been suggested in my online searches that it could be masquerading as a dllhost.exe file. Hmmm.

In the meantime, eMule seems to be working properly. And yes, Daddies ghost and emuler, I have backed up my entire eMule folder to an external drive. Thanks for your input. I am starting to learn!

Finally, to bring it back to the topic of the thread, thank you Phuzzy for the DVD5 iso! I used the torrent link you provided to avoid adding more links to eMule while I was preparing to shut it down, and it looks way better than the bootleg DVD I have. My next step will be to create an ISO from the VideoTS folder and see if magically it makes the same hash as your ed2k so I can share it too. If not, oh well, I tried.
Sully23

Post by Sully23 »   2 likes

Returning to the subject of the film, the DVD5 did not surprise me so much except for the extra content, I have a Russian version (almost the same of this disc) I compared them only the difference the duration is 76 min or 1h 16min the quality was the same it weighs only just 303mb and something interesting a scene at the end has a blur, something that my file does not have that censorship for that reason I prefer my file better than 4gb.

In the extra more than deleted scenes it seems more like a test version in which if there are several scenes that are not seen in the final orte, one that caught my attention was one where apparently it is a double body and I say it because the physique does not seem to be Katya's, despite all her scenes her face is always seen but not in this one.

And speaking of deleted scenes I have no doubt in the vault there is much more, this movie I have not seen for a long time, something seems strange to me in the scene of the rain passes very quickly, other films the protagonists begin to love each other, maybe the director he wanted only to be the lolita Humbert only living fantasies, from here he only remains in a theory.
emuler

Post by emuler »   1 likes

Night457 wrote: I ultimately found the CONFIG folder hidden in the AppData/Local folder and moved it into the Program Files/eMule folder where it should be
1. Don't install eMule to Program Files - that is a system folder and will give you much trouble. Create a separate folder, e.g. C:\emule or D:\emule. If you have multiple drives, put it in a non system drive, say D:. That way even if your Windows gets corrupt and you have to format C drive, your emule will still be intact. Download the zip version of emule instead of the installer and extract it to the location of your choice. Find emule.exe inside the folder, right click and send to desktop - create shortcut - for convenience.
2. Funny that this very important setting is hidden away. :ugeek: Do this immediately on first run before making any changes to the settings, or your changes will be saved to the config folder in appdata.
[Image]
Phuzzy, perhaps this could be added to your excellent guide.
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   1 likes

No, the problems of finding each other are due to lowid. Any interaction has to be mediated by a server and that's a fickle and time-consuming process. Can't be helped in many cases because you must be able to port-forward to get highid and that's not do-able. I could if I paid an extra $50 a month but I get zero benefit out of it, so I won't do it.

known.dat and known64.dat are the hashes of the files you're sharing. emfriends are the people you've 'friended', server.met holds the list of servers. ipfilter.dat is for filtering out bad people but is pretty much useless - there's stuff in there more than 15 years old and the internet has changed a lot since then. clients.met are people you've connected to, preferences.ini are all your settings.

eMule v0.60a x64 is available and it's been running very smoothly for me for several months. Sometimes, starting over clean is a good thing. I've set up so many different eMule clients so many times in the last 15 years I usually have it up and running from scratch in less than an hour. What takes a long time is hashing the 6000+ files I'm sharing - takes a full day. Sometimes you can copy over the known.dat and known64.dat files but not always.
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   1 likes

emuler, there's no reason you can't post that and any other hints you want in that forum. I've had people ask me to update that how-to but I just never get around to it. If you want to try your hand, it's okay by me. :evil
emuler

Post by emuler »   0 likes

Phuzzy4242 wrote:emuler, there's no reason you can't post that and any other hints you want in that forum. I've had people ask me to update that how-to but I just never get around to it. If you want to try your hand, it's okay by me. :evil
8-) I'll give it a shot. :lol:
Btw. eMule v0.60b x64 is the version I'm using. Hasn't given me any trouble at all so far. Whatever I suspected was because of my weird ISP. When I was staying elsewhere the weirdness went away.