[REL] Maladolescenza (1977)

deadman

Re: [REL] Maladolescenza (1977)

Post by deadman »   0 likes

Sully23 wrote:If there are or existed additional scenes or is it another urban legend? in RFF talks about deleted scenes although I would consider are versions to be broadcast on cable channels

Eva Ionesco bella I always saw her as a Greek goddess :heart
This is the full uncut version. There are no longer ones out there. Low budget films tend to have fewer, if any, deleted scenes generally. I'm sure if you had the raw footage you could put together an extended cut - but if that raw footage wasn't preserved it wouldn't exist anymore, and if it does the only way you'd ever get your hands on it would be to buy the rights to the film.

Pre-DVD era movies weren't made with an eye toward preserving cut scenes, shooting BTS documentaries as they went along, etc., like they do now. Even with major Hollywood films what you have to work with depends on what you can dig up from the studio vaults. Sometimes it's quite a bit, sometimes nothing. If the director and/or cast is still alive they'll often interview them to get material so they have something other than the original trailer to put in the special features section.
Tiny Blondie

Post by Tiny Blondie »   0 likes

I am not aware of a censored version of this film (Pretty Baby has one cut version), but like for all films, we can suppose the existence of unpublished rushes. Eva's mother still keeps a lot of unpublished pictures too, let us hope someone will take care of them because in the hands of Eva everything will be destroyed (as she already tried to get them some years ago for that purpose).
Lolita, light of my life, fire of my loins. My sin, my soul. Lo-lee-ta.
Sully23

Post by Sully23 »   0 likes

In the link DVD that came up from Deadman I had the opportunity to look at the extras there are photos apart in one of them I saw Eva and Laura naked swimming in the river and another three actors with nothing like in all filming there are parts in the final edition is left out good that I thought with the movie if there was going to be a scene of the 2 actresses (the 3 I suppose) swam but do not know if that would happen or in the end was not included and well I have the doubt

Tiny Blonde do not scare me or Eva herself does not want or would do anything for that film is not spread the same brooke shield laughs about her past, the rights of the film always belong to the director or producer or maybe Irina ionesco?
Warg

Post by Warg »   0 likes

Tiny Blondie wrote:I am not aware of a censored version of this film ...
The version shown on german TV cut out nearly all of the nudity and worse: the stabbing scene at the end ... Here at the end of the movie the voice of the boy only says something like: "Even in later years I often remembered the two girls ...", totally changing the sense of the movie. One of the crudest instances of censorship I ever experienced from a liberal country ... :cry: :evil:

The DVD version says somewhere that's all material that exists. The additional pictures are said to be made for promotion purposes, and I think a peaceful swimming scene of the girls with the dog of the boy would somehow not fit into the rest of the plot ...
Sully23

It did not fit? how will it be if this movie from the planning knew that the story would be more controversial and would get very far the talves could be thought (suppose) the boy was going to love the 2 at the time now I realize they did not want it out if it had been a scene inside the river is seen in many films I see a river I swim

However liberal a country that childlover is, even to this day it will remain controversial. I do not know any more 'childlover' of that style if they would make a remake I assure you it will be softer and what you are looking for in that country there is not this type of film
Warg

Post by Warg »   0 likes

Sully23 wrote:It did not fit?
Not at all. Wendel is submissive with romantic feelings for Loeb and feels inferior to Ionesco. Ionesco is only interested in the power her sexuality gives her and despises Wendel. They can never be in harmony. Loeb is a very immature and weak personality that is easily manipulated by Ionesco - so he could not lead the two girls into cooperation ...
Sully23

Warg wrote:
Sully23 wrote:It did not fit?
Not at all. Wendel is submissive with romantic feelings for Loeb and feels inferior to Ionesco. Ionesco is only interested in the power her sexuality gives her and despises Wendel. They can never be in harmony. Loeb is a very immature and weak personality that is easily manipulated by Ionesco - so he could not lead the two girls into cooperation ...

When I first saw the ending at first I did not like it I saw it without hearing the dialogues since there was no sub nor was it dubbed into my language I had not liked the death of the blonde girl and more eva was the antagonist I would have loved to die boy, but just like this was filmed
It is a love triangle normally one would see in any novel

If I had the opportunity to be martin loeb, I would love the 2 of them
Tiny Blondie

Post by Tiny Blondie »   0 likes

Sully23 : I have those pictures you mention, they were certainly taken during the movie, but not for the movie, just as it happens during any film making, they are always photographers around, paid ones, visitors, journalists.

But the wish of Eva about the material of her mother is still valid, let us hope she will never be able to put her hands on it and that Irina will give them to a friend or a foundation, whatever. If digitized, this material could be saved for ever.

The nude scenes and simulated love scenes pose problems according to current standards. The subject of films like Lamb or Mein erstes Wunder should be more controversial since they depict a love story between a preteen and a man, but since there is no nudity (=exploited innocence, = victim, according to modern standards), then it's not a problem.

"If I had the opportunity to be martin loeb, I would love the 2 of them"

Ok for a 3-some, don't forget to record the scene :D

Warg : all the versions that I have seen were not censored, hence my statement, didn't know censorship stroke this film too.
Lolita, light of my life, fire of my loins. My sin, my soul. Lo-lee-ta.
deadman

Post by deadman »   0 likes

You can find production stills from any film. Images taken by photographers on set. Some of them make it appear there was more to a scene, or show the action from a different angle. That doesn't mean there was any censorship.

Although, like I said before, if you had the raw footage in your possession there was more filmed than even the uncut version shows. The various nude scenes were longer than what made it into the final edit, not to mention multiple camera angles and multiple takes. At least some self-censorship would've been necessary to get this released even in the very different environment of the 1970's.

We're assuming the original reels still exist. They may not. But if they do, you could put together an extended cut that would never make it past the censors in a million years! It would have to be an underground DVD release, posted online and preferably not traceable back to you. Actually you might as well make it a 4K bluray while you're at it. With the original footage to master from, why not? :D
Sully23

To see you say paparazzi took pictures and published a note for newspapers of the time something that today would be like an exclusive image is published in a tabloid or filmed images of the filming something is common in Hollywood films when the press filters them

They did not care, they were not even filming? I am surprised if they did not bother with a paparazzis shooting film in other films the actresses tell to feel uncomfortable, they remove the staff and there is only the director and the camera operator, but even though this film was something normal, it surprises me

Irina would publish that material if a court fails against eva and the right is protected the material is 'artistic' to be displayed as in the photographic galleries but it would not happen when they tried to exhibit one of the brooke shields (if they heard that case exhibition Gary gross) if maybe They show it in Germany (in an episode of the wolff revier series) for now, better let's forget about it, it would not come to light

If I think there are deleted scenes is common in any film either by classification, duration, or another reason happens in the post production, although if there are few films there are no extras maybe it is when the same person directs, produces, writes and stars, and my opinion does not mean it's true can not be confirmed or denied, it's just a simple theory