[REL] Mein erstes Wunder (2002)

deadman

Re: [REL] Mein erstes Wunder (2002)

Post by deadman »   0 likes

ghost wrote:re-share???

There aren't any subtitles at all for this movie, as far as I know. :shock:
Nope. I did say I was creating them, maybe that's what caused the confusion. I started but it was slow going. The girl has such an active imagination that translating the dialogue isn't straightforward. The German subs are also out of sync, to a degree that's distracting, so the time codes have to be manually adjusted. Because it was so tedious (and I had already posted the movie) I basically dropped it. If someone would like I can post the German subtitles and what I've converted so far. But you won't find another set of English subs no matter how hard you look - trust me, I gave it a thorough go.
bandersnatch

Post by bandersnatch »   0 likes

hi all
in the DVD-iso deadman shared you can choose in the menue german subtitles. I think that's possible to extract those. i'm not experienced enough to do this - sorry.
jezevex

Post by jezevex »   0 likes

Ghost, could you try to "upgrade" by this software (which really works) some of the classical interesting movies, for example: Kolumbus auf der Havel, Ulvesommer, La Tia Alejandra...? These won't be probably ever upgraded by traditional ways like a VOD or Bluray. Thanks, J.
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   0 likes

jezevex wrote:Ghost, could you try to "upgrade" by this software (which really works) some of the classical interesting movies, for example: Kolumbus auf der Havel, Ulvesommer, La Tia Alejandra...? These won't be probably ever upgraded by traditional ways like a VOD or Bluray. Thanks, J.
I surely will do some other movies, but the problem is, that encoding is very very slow (it took about 2 weeks for one movie).

So, please have patience...
lildrm

Post by lildrm »   3 likes

deadman wrote:
dvorak wrote:
deadman wrote:
In that case is there anyone else who does speak Czech?
Hi deadman. I can speak Czech and would be happy to do or review some translations, as my way to contribute something to this great community.
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   4 likes

Good movie, my 3rd time watching it. Thanks ghost, deadman, iggii, kev.

Machine-translated English subtitles that are 90% good. Google Translate has improved tremendously over the past few years. They are also at least 90% in sync with ghost's file. They get a little off by fractions of a second during rapid dialog exchanges, but this is I think less distracting in translation than in German captions. I was able to follow who was saying what, anyway.
Mein erstes Wunder (2002).1080p.en.srt
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Nasuada

Post by Nasuada »   1 likes

Don't use google to translating stuff. It's often desgusting. Try to use deepl.com. The German/English Translation is fantastic and will blow out the Mind of Google.
[Image]
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

(Giggle.) Google is disgusting. (Giggle.)

Well, I won't disagree with that. It is just so easy to use Google Translate in Subtitle Edit, that is how I mostly have been doing it. I confess I am not entirely satisfied with the German to English. French, Italian or Spanish to English are much better.

I have used deepl.com before with good results. Next time I have a subtitle to translate, I will use it again and compare the results to Google.
Nasuada

Post by Nasuada »   0 likes

Thanks for your feedback. Well... I never try to let translate Subtitles with all the notes / timemarks. But I know that deepl is very clever.
[Image]
popdrome

Post by popdrome »   3 likes

Yesterday I've watched this one for the gazillionth time. Thanks to ghost in full Gaia-Technicolor-Upscaled quality on my 55" screen. I'd almost forgotten how beautiful this film is. It's a piece of art, poetry, drama, bordering to magic realism -- comparable to Angela (1995) and The Company of Wolves (1984) even, beautifully shot by Anne Wild and the polish cinematographer, from the girl's perspective.

Which is an art in itself!

Needless to say guys, if you haven't seen this, you GOT to see it, and if you have, watch it again. :heart

Maybe if I have time, I'll edit the english subs a little, it's great to have this (thanks Night457!), but there are a few silly mistakes; Henriette talks a LOT in this film so there's a lot of chatter, resulting in cluttering lines and a lot of small inaccuracies, not non fixable by the way - I read speak and write fluently in both languages so that shouldn't be a chore.

We need more German independent cinema like this. This comes close to my german favorite Kleine Ziege - black humor is ALWAYS a part of german cinema, for those snobs like me who can appreciate it.

Finally I've looked up Henriette Confurius and she STILL is a beautiful female, wow..

[Image]

Don't go quietly into the night.