[REL] Merry Little Christmas (2010) short [Spain]

Short films and movies available on-line at Vimeo, YouTube and similar sites can be posted here once they have an ed2k link.
ptguardian

[REL] Merry Little Christmas (2010) short [Spain]

Post by ptguardian »   25 likes

Merry Little Christmas

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1820533/

Warning: Mature content. Horror film.

https://youtu.be/9jyRnZGmI5w

Like this post to see ed2k links  [114.08 Mb]

This one is a bit gruesome and earns an 18+ warning but it does have it's charm. The girl is Miriam Martín and is in several shorts released here and a few others that still need to be found. http://miriam-martin.blogspot.com/searc ... tometrajes

Enjoy
Last edited by ptguardian on Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Re: [REL] Merry Little Christmas (2010) short film SPAIN

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   1 likes

O. M. F. G.

This was more than a little shocking. I almost shut it off - it was difficult to get through.

Have no doubt - this is gruesome and disturbing. What's been seen can't be unseen.

Thanks (?) ptg.
ptguardian

Post by ptguardian »   0 likes

Warning: Mature content. Horror film.
I don't usually post warnings so when I do you might want to take notice. This one is a bit beyond the normal and may be hard to watch by some. :shock:

However, It does have it's worthy moments ;)
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

I took your warning, I just hadn't prepared myself for that animal's brutality. It's something that should never happen, though sadly it does.
ptguardian

Post by ptguardian »   0 likes

Here is a review someone posted at IMDb that is a fairly accurate description.
A Harrowing Short Film
28 September 2011 | by rebus1975 (United Kingdom)

I caught this film at Dead By Dawn 2011 and this has to be one of the most disturbing and harrowing short films I have ever seen.

The film follows the day to day lives of a family haunted by the physical and psychological abuse performed by the father, I will not go into too much depth on what is seen as to spoil the overall effect of this little gem of a movie.

This Spanish short was originally commissioned by the Spanish government to highlight spousal and child abuse. It was then banned by the said government for being to harrowing.

The film is lit in such a way as to make you feel unnerved all the way through, the director is very competent and understands the medium well utilising many tricks of the horror genre for a film that is impossible to pigeon hole in one genre. The acting is very solid and extremely believable, and you find yourself holding your breath and praying the characters escape the horrendous abuse they suffer during it's short 20 minutes.

Seeing this film in a festival environment is probably the best way to consume a film such as this. As you are present with like minded people who enjoy the horror genre, and it was easy to tell how this effected people. Normally after walking out people were chatting, laughing and applauding the film, in this film's case people were silently moving out of the theatre and in the bar after the film the tension was palpable, people were honestly moved by what they had seen.

I can highly recommend this beautifully shot, acted and directed short film. But only on one viewing. It is very hard to get the horrific scenes out of your mind once you have seen it but it is a film that should be seen by everyone as it shows the true horror of abuse and it's effects on people's lives.
ghost
Site Admin

Re: [REL] Merry Little Christmas (2010) short [Spain]

Post by ghost »   34 likes