youtube shorts

Short films and movies available on-line at Vimeo, YouTube and similar sites can be posted here once they have an ed2k link.
kev
Site Admin

Re: youtube shorts

Post by kev »   0 likes

:eyecrazy Seriously... :eyecrazy

Absolute WOW!!

Many thanks to all involved: BLT, gillesvolta, Phuzzy4242 and FLL..

Amazing looking shorts!! I can't wait to d/load and burn my compilation DVD!!

Just WOW!! :thumbsup

Thanks again guys! More fantastic teamwork exhibited here at FLM!! :onfire

kev.
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

Synopses for gillesvolta's excellent contributions...

Gyppo (2004)
Rosa is having a bad summer. Her feminist mum spends her days picketing sex shops, her nasty school mates call her 'gyppo' and she doesn't know what 'coming' means... (note - Gyppo is a derogatory form for Gypsy)

The Water Diary (2006)
A story through a child's eyes about living through a drought.

A Body
No information found.

Saliva (2007)
A journey into the mind of a 12 year old girl about to be kissed for the first time. Doubts and fears drowned in saliva.

La Première Nuit (1958)
A residential area schoolboy discovers the odd universe of the Parisian metro. At a time, he glimpses the beautiful face of a blond-haired little girl. Later on, he falls asleep and dreams his first love dream...

Zhinikh (Zhenick aka Bridegroom)(1960)

Optofobia
A little girl imagines her teacher is dead.

A Estória da Figueira aka The Story of Figueira (2006)
This is an adaptation of the Luso-Brazilian song of the same name. A widowed father and his young daughter live in a lost village. In the neighborhood also lives a woman who prepares delicious honey cakes and a gardener who takes care of plants and animals. The girl asks her father to marry her neighbor and he refuses, but the daughter insists. Everyone's lives begin to change after the marriage.

Bits And Pieces (2009)
An orphanage girl is kidnapped by a mummy. They soon become friends and parting is such sweet sorrow.

Love Trip (2010)
A dad and his son have similar ideas about love but go about it in different ways.

Clandestina Felicidade aka Clandestine Happiness (1998)
Fragments of childhood, discovering the world through the eyes curious, perplexed and deeply child-writer Clarice Lispector.

Save the Future (2009)
A 13-year-old girl reimagines a day in her life as a public service announcement, blurring the lines between her family struggles and fear of environmental apocalypse. (my opinion - typical drivel created for brainwashed kids who have no clue about a problem that doesn't exist)

Zombaby - Attack of the Zombie Child (2009)
Watch as a cute little girl is transformed into a member of the undead, a zombie with a lust for blood, and a taste for flesh. Can her family stop the devastation before the world is overcome this zombie infestation?

Pioniri maleni, mi samo vojska prava, svakog dana nicemo ko zelena trava (1967)
In SFRJ, the state officially takes care of all it's citizens. Every child is a good little pioneer. However, in reality no one (especially not the state) takes care of Roma and many other poor kids leaving them to poverty and the streets.

The Six Dollar Fifty Man (2009)
Set in a 1970s coastal town, follow Andy, a gutsy 8 year-old boy who is forced to break out of his make-believe superhero world to deal with playground bullies.
gillesvolta

Post by gillesvolta »   0 likes

more shorts

Águas de Romanza (2002) 15 minutes

[Image]
[Image]

http://www.portacurtas.com.br/Filme.asp?Cod=1539

Engel en Broer (2004)

[Image]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APpnj9m4nJY
loverboy

Post by loverboy »   0 likes

Wow!...........I'm blown away with this! :thumbsup

Shorts are great........no time for boredom (& yes, you'll always get the odd iffy one) & they fit in nicely with trying to do other things in life.

Well done gillesvolta, Phuzzy, BLT & FLL.

lb
BizarreLoveTriangle

Post by BizarreLoveTriangle »   16 likes

Like this post to see ed2k links  [37.92 Mb]
Like this post to see ed2k links  [17.41 Mb]

("Águas" seems to be defective -- I only get 5 mins video :()

Thanks gillesvolta :bigups
FLL

Post by FLL »   0 likes

Thanks gv!

Engel en broer is already here: [REL] Engel en Broer (2004)

Quality looks comparable, though this one is 470x360 letterboxed (black bars) and popdrome's avi is 640x352 (all picture) so popdrome's is bigger and easier to view.
FLL

Post by FLL »   0 likes

Yes, that's all youtube has (besides an mp4 of the same resolution). My suspicion is that the source for the youtube post is the same as popdrome's source and popdrome cleaned it up and upsized it to a standard size.
That would explain the quality being the same.
So a better quality version may not exist.
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

I thought Bits and Pieces was great and so was Saliva. Optofobia was strange, Love Trip was kinda cute, Save the Future shows what brainwashing will do, and Zombaby was just bad - bad script, bad acting, bad "effects" and so low budget they probably processed the film at WalMart. Gotta love it!

I really love short films like these. Thanks again for hunting them up gillesvolta.
FLL

Post by FLL »   14 likes

BizarreLoveTriangle wrote:("Águas" seems to be defective -- I only get 5 mins video :()
I have taken the liberty of renaming your ed2k link so it is clear the flash version of the video is incomplete.
Like this post to see ed2k links  [17.41 Mb]

The flash version on that site cuts out the video at 5 min and ends completely at 6, though it should be almost 15 minutes long.
Good news is, the mp4 version has the complete film! Though strangely it is lower resolution and quality.

Like this post to see ed2k links  [66.35 Mb]
BizarreLoveTriangle

Post by BizarreLoveTriangle »   0 likes

FLL wrote:Yes, that's all youtube has (besides an mp4 of the same resolution). My suspicion is that the source for the youtube post is the same as popdrome's source and popdrome cleaned it up and upsized it to a standard size.
That would explain the quality being the same.
So a better quality version may not exist.
Oops, looks like you replied to my post that I removed shortly before you posted your reply, because it was a response to an unedited version of your earlier post. Guess this posting got pretty messed up, LOL.

Actually the youtube version seems to be slightly sharper when both videos are magnified to the same size. Pity that youtube does not offer higher resolution.
FLL wrote:Good news is, the mp4 version has the complete film! Though strangely it is lower resolution and quality.
Damn, I was hoping that (broadband) WMV has good quality, but it also has tiny 240x180 resolution :wall