[REL] Las Calles Del D.F. [3 Shorts] [Mexico]

Short films and movies available on-line at Vimeo, YouTube and similar sites can be posted here once they have an ed2k link.
FLL

[REL] Las Calles Del D.F. [3 Shorts] [Mexico]

Post by FLL »   35 likes

I came across a short film compilation callled "Las Calles Del D.F", aka "The Streets of Mexico City". http://www.amazon.com/CALLES-D-F-STREET ... 878&sr=8-6 It claims to be "an affecting collection of nine stories of survival on the streets of Mexico City." Which is of course complete marketing bullshit, as half the stories could take place anywhere and are linked to Mexico City only by their being in Spanish.

It looks like a Mexican university held a student film contest and they just threw together a DVD, I almost guarantee you spent more on lunch yesterday than they spent to produce the DVD. The individual films are all in different formats, different aspect ratios, different style subs, and different audio (often you need to adjust the audio when a new film starts after you click "Play All"). And "Play All" only plays 8 of the 9 films on the DVD :wall It took some time to make the rips good enough to post.

But there's still some good and FLM-relevant stuff there, even if it's technically raw. Here are three short films. All have English subs.

Y luego habia 9m43s

A latchkey kid. Or maybe an old joke?

Like this post to see ed2k links  [80.04 Mb]

[Image] [Image]

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0791602/

Jai 6m28s

A little Jewish girl learns about the Holocaust from her grandparents. Skip this if you are adverse to that.

The final few seconds of this film's audio are cut off on the DVD-- I think I mentioned the DVD was poorly produced -- but the subs are all there.

Like this post to see ed2k links  [50.02 Mb]

[Image] [Image]

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0451779/

Cuandro sea grande (When I Grow Up) 5m50s

I almost didn't include this, as the main character is a little boy, but part of the film's concept is cool.

The colors are shifted at times, which might be deliberate or not, and they are so inconsistent that I couldn't try to correct them all anyway. It has a unique style, the film is entirely within a narrow band in the center of the picture.

Like this post to see ed2k links  [59.54 Mb]

[Image] [Image]
[Image]
idler

Re: [REL] Las Calles Del D.F. [3 Shorts] [Mexico]

Post by idler »   0 likes

Sold. Have to start my 6th DVD with ripped shorts... :bigups
kev
Site Admin

Post by kev »   0 likes

Very cool, FLL... I've bookmarked this DVD in the past because of the cover but was very wary of it as I didn't know anything else about it.. (Being a bit obsessive compulsive I've picked up DVD's in the past due only to the cover art when children have been pictured... :blush )

Looks like this one might be worth the while... Thanks for sharing, FLL!!

kev.
loverboy

Post by loverboy »   0 likes

I like shorts..........a DVD full of them makes for great evening viewing! Even the odd turkey is not a disaster.....another good one will be bound to follow!
Thanks for these FLL :)
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   0 likes

Veeeeeeeery niiiiiiiiice FLL :heart

Thanks a lot!
katzenjammer

Post by katzenjammer »   0 likes

can only agree with the rest of the bunch. Thanks alot ;)
Jacen

Post by Jacen »   0 likes

If anyone could reshare this, I would greatly appreciate it.
Thanks for your help!