[REL] Tendres cousines (1980)

FLL

Re: [REL] Tendres cousines (1980)

Post by FLL »   2 likes

That's the same file as posted in the very first post of this thread. Yes, it's 92 minutes, but it looks more like a VHSrip than a DVDRip. It's not the 92 minutes that's sought, it's the DVDness.

Now it *could* be a DVDrip, I've ripped a couple of DVDs which have hardsubs and put a widescreen picture inside a 4:3 screen, but it's less common, and unless someone with the DVD says that's all there is then the belief is there's something better out there.
BizarreLoveTriangle

Post by BizarreLoveTriangle »   19 likes

OK, here is my DVD rip. I don't know if it is better than what has been posted already, because I don't have the files that were posted above.

The DVD sleeve has the following notes that might be of interest:
Das Bild dieses Films ist aus künstlerischen Gründen und dem speziellen Stil des Regisseurs absichtlich hauptsächlich unscharf gehalten.
Zum Film "Zärtliche Cousinen" wurde uns vom französischen Lizenzgeber erst eine alte NTSC-Vollbild-TV Fassung und danach eine über 20 Jahre alte, teilweise mangelhafte Abtastung in Widescreen zur Verfügung gestellt, da nirgendwo neueres Material verfügbar war. Vom deutschen Ton existiert leider nur noch eine teilweise beschädigte Lichtton-Kopie auf Magnet-Band. Trotz umfangreichen Restaurationsarbeiten ist die Gesamtqualität des Films mangels besseren Materials im Vergleich zu neueren DVD-Produktionen nicht optimal ausgefallen. Auch nach langem Suchen in den Filmarchiven und bei TV-Sendern war leider nichts besseres verfügbar. Am 35mm-Trailer, welcher gefunden wurde, ist zu sehen, dass schon die Qualität des Originals eher unterdurchschnittlich ist.
The DVD contains both versions of the movie; I ripped the 92 min version.

Like this post to see ed2k links  [895.32 Mb]
loverboy

Post by loverboy »   0 likes

This rip & release of yours intrigues me BLT.......why does it preview with fuzzy hard-coded subs? There is a perfectly good iso rip on Usenet (albeit with a running time of just over 88 minutes) that is obviously a DVD image file because it contains menus & extras. It also contains English subs NOT burnt in.
Five of us have struggled to achieve 80mb download in over 24 hours of your rip, most of the time there are no complete sources. But hey!......it's fine now!.....we've got 3 complete sources :clap ........and they're all using the aMule client.
Is there something you're not telling us?

lb
FLL

Post by FLL »   0 likes

loverboy wrote:This rip & release of yours intrigues me BLT.......why does it preview with fuzzy hard-coded subs? There is a perfectly good iso rip on Usenet (albeit with a running time of just over 88 minutes) that is obviously a DVD image file because it contains menus & extras. It also contains English subs NOT burnt in.
The 88min DVD image would be useful for comparison, we already have a pretty good quality 92 min version. Though it's always possible some or all of that 4 min difference is PAL<=>NTSC conversion induced.

The point was, he had exactly what was requested, a 92 min DVD. Maybe it had hard subs, maybe BLT prefers hard subs and doesn't realize the preference here is always for softsubs if available.

Also, note the posted info on quality: (google translated)
The image of this film is kept for artistic reasons and the special style of the director intentionally largely blurred.

The film "Tender cousins" has us by the French licensor only an old NTSC TV full screen version and then a over 20 years old, in part poor sampling in widescreen available, since nowhere newer material was available. From the German clay exist only partially damaged optical sound copy on magnetic tape. Despite extensive restoration work, the lack of a better overall quality of the film material is compared to the newer DVD-productions not optimally failed. Even after a long search in the film archives and TV stations, unfortunately, was nothing better available. At 35mm trailer, which was found, is to see that even the quality of the original is rather below average.
loverboy wrote:Five of us have struggled to achieve 80mb download in over 24 hours of your rip, most of the time there are no complete sources. But hey!......it's fine now!.....we've got 3 complete sources :clap ........and they're all using the aMule client.
Is there something you're not telling us?
It appears when BLT shared 9 episodes of Madelief, he started running two more copies of aMule. Not certain why, but it actually has made a big difference with "25 kids and a dad" which had been sitting there at 2% for a week, then completed in a few days after the additional clients showed up. And Madelief is finally coming in, 1/9 complete today. Though based on what I've seen on his releases so far, it seems likely his net connection is throttled more on weekends then during the week.

The biggest issue I see (and forgive me BLT for telling you how to run your eMule, but I'll just say what I see based on my experience) is probably that everything stays shared. Since that includes not just FLM releases but also other stuff, the queue gets very long. I have connected and been at queue position 3500. I suspect too much bandwidth is going to files which already have lots of sources, and is effectively being wasted. I recommend unsharing everything which already has 20 or more sources as soon as it completes, and other non-releases once the share ratio has reached 1.0. That way the scarce resource of bandwidth goes primarily to files you are still downloading plus files where your machine is an important source. Your client sharing a well-sourced file has a negligible effect on people downloading it but saps your bandwidth.
ptguardian

Post by ptguardian »   0 likes

That is pretty much what i had figured as well. i have given BLT enough hassle over his share so i have said nothing more...... i have throttling issues as well. and only keep share what is needed most. i also check often to see how many sources are current. many drop off as soon as they get the file and some are only on certain times a day as such i share an extra bit to make sure it is had by at least a member that archives. but with hot releases i take everything off share until that release is well sourced. i can always reshare. ;) i have a couple of archive folders that on the rare occasion that i am not sharing something i share everything and look for known friends and move those files to my share folder then share those until there are sources.

a bit complicated. but as most of you know i have made sure the known regulars get what i share or help share :heart

:)
emuler

Post by emuler »   0 likes

...and anyway, if someone needs a reshare he has but to ask. :thumbsup :clap
BizarreLoveTriangle

Post by BizarreLoveTriangle »   0 likes

loverboy wrote:This rip & release of yours intrigues me BLT.......why does it preview with fuzzy hard-coded subs? There is a perfectly good iso rip on Usenet (albeit with a running time of just over 88 minutes) that is obviously a DVD image file because it contains menus & extras. It also contains English subs NOT burnt in.
Man, if you read the previous messages, you saw that emuler requested specifically the 92 minutes version and it does have hardcoded subs, because the NTSC master has hardcoded subs. Does ANYONE have 92 min version *without* hardcoded subs???

The reason I posted this is that I have the 92 min version on DVD, which I think is relatively rare. Most 92 min rips are VHS rips.
loverboy wrote:Five of us have struggled to achieve 80mb download in over 24 hours of your rip, most of the time there are no complete sources.
LOL, my eMule is running in the background without me having to do anything. Poor people who have to struggle so much...

I have written several times that my connection is blocked most of the weekend and during certain time of day during the week.

I am downloading many FLM releases and I see sources come and go all the time. Should I complain here every time I have no sources of an FLM release??
loverboy wrote:Is there something you're not telling us?
Possibly ;)
FLL wrote:It appears when BLT shared 9 episodes of Madelief, he started running two more copies of aMule.
Well, the additional copies are not necessarily from me. Sometimes several people share a single IP ;)
FLL wrote:The biggest issue I see (and forgive me BLT for telling you how to run your eMule, but I'll just say what I see based on my experience) is probably that everything stays shared. Since that includes not just FLM releases but also other stuff, the queue gets very long. I have connected and been at queue position 3500. I suspect too much bandwidth is going to files which already have lots of sources, and is effectively being wasted.
I have set my own posts to "release". I thought it means that these files have always higher priority and other files are shared as needed.
FLL wrote:I recommend unsharing everything which already has 20 or more sources as soon as it completes, and other non-releases once the share ratio has reached 1.0.
If all 20 sources do the same, there will be 0 sources left...
ptguardian wrote:i have throttling issues as well. and only keep share what is needed most. i also check often to see how many sources are current. many drop off as soon as they get the file and some are only on certain times a day as such i share an extra bit to make sure it is had by at least a member that archives. but with hot releases i take everything off share until that release is well sourced. i can always reshare. wink.gif i have a couple of archive folders that on the rare occasion that i am not sharing something i share everything and look for known friends and move those files to my share folder then share those until there are sources.
That is WAY too much work for me. I prefer my stuff running unattended.
loverboy

Post by loverboy »   68 likes

Thanks for the explanation FLL......it makes sense......after all, BLT is not the only member here to run multiple eMule accounts! ;)
This movie interests me. I'm going to take a guess the BLT DVD has burnt-in subs unlike the two Usenet releases that are likely newer remastered DVD's. They are certainly DVD image files containing menus & extras. Both are just over 88 minutes long, have Italian & French audio streams & soft-coded subtitles. One has two Italian subtitle streams, the other three, including English. Other than that, both seem identical. I've compared them with the existing 92 minute release & can see no obvious editing......as you say, likely a NTSC/PAL loss issue.
The English subs were a problem.......it usually takes me about 10 minutes to rip subtitles with SubRip.......these took over an hour (difficulty in repeat character recognition) & then were poorly synced. They are also out of sync when playing the straight DVD. Strangely, the Italian subs were OK! :wall
Instead, I've used existing subtitles from the web (obviously matching a different rip) & played around with them in Subtitle Workshop to get the timing near enough right.
This release may serve little purpose other than having soft-coded subs..........the video print is unlikely to be a significant improvement over what is already on offer.

DVD artwork, released with the English subbed version.

[Image][Image]

[Image][Image][Image][Image]

File Name .......: Tendres Cousines 1980 ITA-FR isoRip loverboy.avi
File Size .......: 1,480.04 MB
Duration ........: 01:28:21
Video Codec .....: XviD MPEG-4 codec
Video Bitrate ...: 2086 KB/s
Resolution ......: 720 x 448
Aspect Ratio ....: 1.60:1
Framerate .......: 25 FPS
Audio Codec .....: MPEG-1 Layer 3 (MP3)
Audio Bitrate ...: 128 KB/s (CBR)
Channels ........: 2 Ch
Streams..........: ITALIAN & FRENCH

Dual audio Italian/French
Like this post to see ed2k links  [1.45 Gb]

English subtitles
Like this post to see ed2k links  [76.4 Kb]

Enjoy!
ptguardian

Post by ptguardian »   0 likes

LOL

some call it work others call it a hobby. work is a matter of perspective. perhaps you can't feel the passion of the members here? (perhaps a little over passionate i would say) :eyecrazy but with that energy it produces results ;)

someone else may have this dvd :think

:)

P.S.

@Loverboy,
you posted this seconds before i posted my response. how funny is that. i was referring to someone else but even better yet it was you.
emuler

Post by emuler »   0 likes

Thanks, LB. :clap Something good finally came after all this 'chewing the cud'. :thumbsup