[REL] Le hérisson (2009)

kev
Site Admin

[REL] Le hérisson (2009)

Post by kev »   24 likes

AKA: Il riccio; The Hedgehog

I've recently started reading a novel by Muriel Barbery called 'L'élégance du hérisson' ['The Elegance of the Hedgehog'] (The English translation), and was pleasantly surprised when I came across this film adaptation of the book.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1442519/

Synopsis:
Paloma is a serious, but deeply bored 11-year old, who has decided to kill herself on her twelfth birthday. Fascinated by art and philosophy, she questions and documents her life and immediate circle, drawing trenchant and often hilarious observations on the world around her. But as her appointment with death approaches, Paloma finally meets some kindred spirits, in her building's grumpy concierge, and an enigmatic, elegant neighbor, both of whom inspire Paloma to question her rather pessimistic outlook on life.
Garance Le Guillermic [ http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2161431/ ] does a fantastic job as Paloma Josse, the brooding pre-teen.

Pix:
[Image]
[Image]
[Image]
[Image]
[Image]
[Image]
[Image]

Trailer:

ed2k link:
Like this post to see ed2k links  [699.93 Mb]

Found link, LOTS of sources, loads really quick! Nice coming-of-age film, though no OT scenes..

I found THIS at 'Open Subtitles': http://www.opensubtitles.org/en/request ... uageid-eng ...:think Looks like you have to join to d/load..

kev.
Pranama

Re: [REL] Le hérisson (2009)

Post by Pranama »   0 likes

Thx kev for this interesting post. Nevertheless, the opensubtitles link you give isn´t a link to subs to the film, only a link to the requests for subs. Apparently no subs to download for this film.
loverboy

Post by loverboy »   0 likes

Thanks kev! :thumbsup
It doesn't look like there are any subs available on the DVD..........maybe we need to hope this is marketed for English speaking countries but I'll not hold my breath.....

lb
ALongWalker

Post by ALongWalker »   0 likes

Thanks Kev,

I have not downloaded this movie yet, but I'm sure it will be something to treasure.

waLKer
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

Thanks kev. I'm sure subtitles would make this more interesting, but since I'm language-challenged and this is a "talky" film, I couldn't really get too interested. With many foreign (to me) language films, I can turn the sound completely off and still enjoy the story, but this one left me tepid at best.

The girl is 11 years old and acts like she's seen it all, enough to decide to off herself on her twelfth birthday. Without the description, I didn't see any obvious reason she wanted to commit suicide. Must be my shortcoming because this is rated 6.9 on IMDB. I don't think this will be a keeper for me, but I certainly appreciate your efforts!
Pranama

Post by Pranama »   0 likes

pranama wrote:Thx kev for this interesting post. Nevertheless, the opensubtitles link you give isn´t a link to subs to the film, only a link to the requests for subs. Apparently no subs to download for this film.
In addition this link doesn´t work right now.
FLL

Post by FLL »   0 likes

Posted elsewhere... thanks SiriusBak!
SiriusBlak wrote:Howdy All

English Subs.......

http://www.opensubtitles.org/en/subtitl ... erisson-en

Sirius-ly
Don't know if they match up to kev's link.
kev
Site Admin

Post by kev »   0 likes

FLL wrote:Posted elsewhere... thanks SiriusBak!
SiriusBlak wrote:Howdy All

English Subs.......

http://www.opensubtitles.org/en/subtitl ... erisson-en

Sirius-ly
Don't know if they match up to kev's link.
Takes another click, but my link gets there too. :thumbsup

kev.
FLL

Post by FLL »   0 likes

kev wrote:Takes another click, but my link gets there too. :thumbsup
Didn't when you posted it, they were added later.

But what I was saying was, I don't know for sure if those subs match the avi you posted. You can never be certain without checking, and I doubt Sirius had been able to.
kev
Site Admin

Post by kev »   0 likes

FLL wrote:
kev wrote:Takes another click, but my link gets there too. :thumbsup
Didn't when you posted it, they were added later.

But what I was saying was, I don't know for sure if those subs match the avi you posted. You can never be certain without checking, and I doubt Sirius had been able to.
Understood, now.. :)

I'll dig up my movie file and match up the names with the .avi and srt and see what happens..

kev.