[REL] Numéro deux (1975)

Night457
Global Moderator

Re: [REL] Numéro deux (1975)

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

They bother to release a lesser-known JLG on blu-ray but CENSOR it??!!?? What an abomination! I see the runtime is 2 minutes shorter.

This is one JLG I have never seen and the comments in this thread do not exactly inspire me. The consensus seems to be that it should have been at least 60 minutes shorter, not for purposes of censorship but for good editing to make it watchable.

But I AM a glutton for punishment, and about a third of JLG films I have seen have made me want to gouge my eyes out anyway (and I did not), so maybe I will check this out ...
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

In my strictly unofficial rating system I gave it a 2 out of 10 - I know it's not worth watching it again (in my opinion). I don't remember much about it since I only watched it once but I seem to remember it was boring and gave the viewer no reason to want to watch it.
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   0 likes

I agree with you, Phuz. It has a about 10 seconds on-topic scene in it, but the rest of the movie is just boring....

Just my humble opinion....
Sully23

Post by Sully23 »   0 likes

Surely it is for the American public because the title is in English, there would be no other reason.
Night457
Global Moderator

C'mon, it's almost like you are DARING me to watch it: "This is SOOOO booring, you will regret watching it for the rest of your life." :P

You have given me fair warning, and I thank you. If I choose to ignore your anti-recommendation, it is most assuredly entirely my own fault!
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Night457 wrote:C'mon, it's almost like you are DARING me to watch it: "This is SOOOO booring, you will regret watching it for the rest of your life." :P

You have given me fair warning, and I thank you. If I choose to ignore your anti-recommendation, it is most assuredly entirely my own fault!
Knock yourself out, it'll just be time out of your life you'll never get back. For comparison, unless a film is egregiously bad, it'll earn at least a 4 rating from me. The average is 5 or 6 and only rarely higher than that. The only film I ever gave a one rating was Earth Girls Are Easy with Geena Davis and Jeff Goldblum (not an FLM movie). Found it in the dollar basket at Walmart and I'd have enjoyed burning that dollar more than watching that garbage. I may not watch every film I download, but seldom do I not finish a film once I start. That one didn't last 10 minutes. <gag><retch><puke> :lol:
emuler

Post by emuler »   0 likes

:lol: IMHO only bad films that fall into the category "so bad it's good" are worth wasting time over. Don't always go by the reviews. The film, "Mannequin On The Move" got terrible reviews, but had us :icon_1roflmao On the other end of the spectrum, that Kardashian stuff might be hugely popular, but I wouldn't watch it even if you paid me to do so.
Night457
Global Moderator

Phuzzy4242 wrote:The only film I ever gave a one rating was Earth Girls Are Easy with Geena Davis and Jeff Goldblum (not an FLM movie). Found it in the dollar basket at Walmart and I'd have enjoyed burning that dollar more than watching that garbage. I may not watch every film I download, but seldom do I not finish a film once I start. That one didn't last 10 minutes. <gag><retch><puke> :lol:
OMIGOD, I LOVED THAT MOVIE!!!! Geena was charming, and Jeff was sexy. Jim Carrey was moronic years before he became famous for it. And Julie Brown!!
I never learned to read and I never learned to cook
Why should I bother when I look like I look?
I know lots of people are smarter than me,
but I have this philosophy, "So what?"
Cause I'm a blonde yeah yeah yeah
I just want to say that being chosen as this month's Miss August is, like, a compliment I'll remember for as long as I can!
Right now I'm a freshman in my fourth year at UCLA, but my goal is to become a veterinarian, 'cause I love children!
Cause I'm a blonde, yeah yeah yeah
YouTube - Cause I'm a Blonde

I also like both the TROLL movies. Troll (1986) Troll 2 (1990) (emuler's "so bad it's good" type of movie.) So you might consider that I like to wallow in trash.

If JLG's big stinky number two is TWICE as good as EGAE I don't think I can resist. For comparison, a movie I DID indeed find difficult to endure was Jacques Rivette's Out 1 (1971), which is THIRTEEN HOURS long and largely improvised. So 90 minutes of even the most painful JLG can't be that bad.
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

EGAE was a musical, and a terrible one at that. The first second they started "singing" I turned it off, so I don't know what happened in the rest of the "movie"... and don't care. I threw the DVD out because I knew I'd never watch it.

I sorta liked "Troll" - Jenny Beck was cute. It had a lot of 'B' movie actors in it. Troll II was just bad. ;) A "so bad it's good" film is "The Stuff" (1985) with Michael Moriarty. I convinced my family it was really good and they watched it all the way through, probably waiting for whatever I thought was good. They haven't forgiven me to this day. :lol:
Night457
Global Moderator

I forgot how you really, really REALLY hate musicals! I only remember that one song, which I thought hilarious. I always saw it as a comedy rather than a musical, but my memory of it is admittedly fuzzy, Phuzzy. I think I have seen it twice in the past 33 years.
"Troll" was at least a reasonable attempt of a movie, just not entirely successful. "Troll II" was jaw-droppingly stupid bad, with the cast obviously aware of its stupidity and just trying to have fun. "The Stuff" - how have I NOT seen this?? Directed by Larry Cohen, of the "It's Alive" series. And it is in 1080p at Uloz! Thanks for the recommendation!