[REL] Numéro deux (1975)

Sully23

Re: [REL] Numéro deux (1975)

Post by Sully23 »   0 likes

If I were a filmmaker I would make a remake adapted to modernity, it would seem more like a laboratory where a family nucleus is analyzed
kev
Site Admin

Post by kev »   0 likes

Debaser wrote:I thought I downloaded this film years ago, but I cant find it and certainly don’t recall the following:

"boy of about nine and a girl of around seven, are shown on small television screens as they do anything from quarrel to bathe to make love"

Best give it another go!
Seems like Debaser misquoted Rich via the sin of 'omission'. The original quote stated:
Rich wrote:
Jean-Luc Godard (Breathless) here experiments with the nuclear family, as well as a lot more in this peculiar piece. Three generations, which include a boy of about nine and a girl of around seven, are shown on small television screens as they do anything from quarrel to bathe to make love.
Rich :)
It's obvious, (especially after viewing the film), that the doing "anything from quarrel to bathe to make love" was referring to the entire cast and NOT focused on the children. Their roles, as has also been established, is extremely minimal and pretty much NOT OT. ;)

kev.
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

This is one of those films that are so boring you promptly forget them. I gave it a 2 rating in my catalog (out of 10) and I usually delete films that rate that low, but I just checked and I still have it. I'll reshare it if people want to put themselves to sleep. :lol: That being said, the focus was on the kids for at least 15 minutes out of the 83 minutes total, so I'd say it's still on-topic, especially since there are a bunch of films on FLM where the kids have LOTS less screen time than that. ;)
Tiny Blondie

Post by Tiny Blondie »   0 likes

"as they do anything from quarrel to bathe to make love."

There is just one serious film about that: Maladolescenza ;)
Lolita, light of my life, fire of my loins. My sin, my soul. Lo-lee-ta.
kev
Site Admin

Post by kev »   1 likes

Tiny Blondie wrote:"as they do anything from quarrel to bathe to make love."

So right you are, Eva... :heart :heart :heart ;)

kev.
Tiny Blondie

kev wrote:

kev.
It remains an amazing film, although the story is a bit weird and its end tragic, but could we imagine such a movie nowadays ? No way. It was never officially prohibited but which TV or cinema director would dare to broadcast it ?

Sad the way Eva turned against her mother later on, until a few years ago, claiming all the original pictures with the aim to destroy them. It is time to contact Irina Ionesco and help her to digitize all her collections and save them for the sake of art (and beauty !).
Sully23

Tiny Blondie wrote:
kev wrote:

kev.
It remains an amazing film, although the story is a bit weird and its end tragic, but could we imagine such a movie nowadays ? No way. It was never officially prohibited but which TV or cinema director would dare to broadcast it ?

Sad the way Eva turned against her mother later on, until a few years ago, claiming all the original pictures with the aim to destroy them. It is time to contact Irina Ionesco and help her to digitize all her collections and save them for the sake of art (and beauty !).

Eva directed an autobiographical film the truth I expected what you want from Irina's daughter but it was just something boring

If you could make a film of that kind only that is not distributed in the USA or make two versions one for the puritans and one for the critics although the love of the child should not be intimacy
Tiny Blondie

Personally I like the film, the story, the actresses, that's no so bad, remember, we are in an Inquisition time for that kind of theme. But I agree, we should have a nude and a non nude version :D (for the latter, we still have Maladolescenza, what a body she has! )
Sully23

Tiny blonde Unfortunately the movies now are boring, those of the 70's are better at least Ivan Noel or Paul Spurrier are risky directors I hope I was a filmmaker and tell realistic stories
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   0 likes

The film has been released on BluRay :o

You can get a rip here:
https://hdencode.com/number-two-1975-ce ... on-3-2-gb/

The title of the file says "censored"... I can only guess :think