[REL] Carne (1991)

Debaser

[REL] Carne (1991)

Post by Debaser »   24 likes

This is definitely not one for the squeamish. The film begins by telling us about horsemeat, and how, though it is eaten in France, it is generally considered faintly repulsive. It then proceeds to arouse various levels of revulsion in us with a graphic depiction of blood, sex, butchery and birth.

This all takes place in a fog of red and black, relieved only by intrusive black-and-white signs giving time and setting. The soundtrack is strongly reminiscent of David Lynch's Eraserhead, arrythmic beats contrasting with stark silences and low-pitched humming.

Dialogue is kept to a minimum, and most of it cannot even call itself that, being limited to the butcher talking to his unresponsive and presumably mentally handicapped daughter, or to his overheard thought processes.

The cinematography is just as disconcerting, with cut-off heads, sudden changes of angle, and random shots of scenery.

The story is about a horsemeat butcher left in sole charge of his daughter, whose life doesn't change much as she grows up, until he suspects a labourer of raping her.

Sexual tension is at a maximum from the very beginning, as we see the butcher washing and dressing his daughter from birth to adolescence, while her only pleasure appears to be riding a fairground horse.

All the relationships are stunted in some way, and we are left with only bodies and their functions. An intensely disturbing attack on the senses.

Notes: I think the above review sums this film up pretty well, but id just like to mention that I love Gaspar Noé's work, from this title Carne) to (Irreversible).

The daughter is obviously no child as she reaches her prime in the movie, but her prime being 15 years old is portrayed convincingly enough for me ;)

If you are squeamish and or easily offended, id advice you steer clear of most of his work!

Seul Contre Tous continues from Carne, of which I will be releasing shortly.

Like this post to see ed2k links  [581.36 Mb]

Like this post to see ed2k links  [12.8 Kb]
Amadeus

Re: [REL] Carne (1991)

Post by Amadeus »   0 likes

Wow! Powerful stuff.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0218871/

This short film certainly pulls no punches. The story is of a butcher who wrongfully kills an innocent man who he believes has sexually molested his retarded daughter. The film goes onto depict how the butcher serves his time, and returns to life with his daughter in care, and having to come to terms with a life with no future.

Download:
http://rapidshare.com/files/9178276/Bla ... 8.avi.html

[Image]
ARTHORIUS

Post by ARTHORIUS »   0 likes

i don't understand the italian title :think
abel

Post by abel »   0 likes

Well, "carne" is really Italian word for meat, but I found in Éncyclopedie Larousse that "carne" signifies also "rotten meat" in French, so it appears to me quite logical, judging after reading here a plot summary.
ARTHORIUS

thanks for the update... i know the mean of carne ;) is not only meat loooooool
Amadeus

Post by Amadeus »   0 likes

ARTHORIUS wrote:thanks for the update... i know the mean of carne ;) is not only meat loooooool
Yes, Latin caro = meat or fruit; or fleshy edible portion thereof.

Wherefore, the vegetable state of the butcher's daughter is like top sirloin, and mashed potatoes smothered in brown gravy.
ARTHORIUS

Ooooooooooooops i've forget to say THANK YOU for this :thumbsup
Debaser

Post by Debaser »   0 likes

Ooooooooooooops i've forget to say THANK YOU for this
No worries :)

Watch the other one too, the ending is OUCHIE
Kel