[REL] Ponette (1996)

Re: [REL] Ponette (1996)

Post by Guest »   0 likes

Oh my god, the girl on the cover is Victoire Thivisol, who played Anouk Rocher in Chocolat, damn im good.

If you haven't seen Chocolat, you should. No on-topic, but still a pretty darn good movie. :)

OMG LOL

The times iv watched Chocolat and not realised.

I also liked Chocolat! Not realistic, but entertaining,,

Debaser wrote:OMG LOL

The times iv watched Chocolat and not realised.

I also liked Chocolat! Not realistic, but entertaining,,
What was so unrealistic about the movie? That a woman moved from place to place and sold chocolat goodies? That she happened to movie a very religious village? That she managed to tempt some of the citizens to eat chocolat (even though they were fasting)? Or perhaps that there were gypsies in it? etc etc

I can't find anything unrealstic in the movie, the stuff that happened could have happened, thats my opinion. :thumbsup:

Im at work right now, but give me 5 hours and ill have time to list them all :)

It's a small thing, but why do we have to put up with an English language film, set in France with people who speak with accents? Tiresome.

On the other hand, there were some good performances -- Juliette Binoche and Johnny Depp (with a weak Irish accent?). Judy Dench was wonderful.

The wind metaphor is a bit overdone. (I felt I was being clubbed with the "wind of change".) It was consistent, but too windy.

Could they have made Armande Voizin's (Judy Dench) death more predictable or pathetic? It got them to a place where they could end the movie.
Debaser

Post by Debaser »   11 likes

emuler

Post by emuler »   1 likes

You can find subs here:

http://www.titles.to/index.php

Bookmark this site; it's worth it. :clap:
Debaser

Post by Debaser »   0 likes

You can find subs here:
Its very good, thanks :)

I posted that new link for users that want to save HD space and or havent yet downloaded the 2CD version and would like a copy of the film with the subs hardcoded.
emuler

Post by emuler »   1 likes

Debaser wrote:I posted that new link for users that want to save HD space
I appreciate the 1 CD version for low speed users like me, but hardcoded subs put me off. IMHO text based subs are the best. They are very small (filesize) and very easy to edit (errors, typos, etc.) Media players like BSPlayer allow you to adjust the size and font, even the position of the subs on the screen. Subtitle editors like Subtitle Workshop make adjusting timing errors a matter of a couple of minutes.

btw, the text subs for Ponette: 24.2KB RAR (69.4KB unpacked) :) No disk space issues there.