[REL] Léa, un ange dans ma maison / Lea: Light Engineering Android (2014)

Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Re: [REL] Léa, un ange dans ma maison / Lea: Light Engineering Android (2014)

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   1 likes

Great film. Didn't expect the ending. "Lea, An Angel In My House" more appropriate than the name of the research project.
sifon773_lover

Post by sifon773_lover »   0 likes

She's my favorite cutie now haha.
“If you can get to be you, why can't I get to be me?”
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   1 likes

do you have tips in wich corners to look the next time, or is that a gentleman's secret?
I just searched with google and found this: https://gonnacinema.com/movie/EdZp98xp- ... Nz000Cw9Qg

Here's a tutorial how to make a .srt from hardcoded subtitles: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cd36qODmYF8

It is still some work, but it works pretty well ;)
sifon773_lover

ghost wrote:
Here's a tutorial how to make a .srt from hardcoded subtitles: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cd36qODmYF8

I think my google's then broke lol. Searched hours for it. Even on duckduckgo. But good to know! I'll Try harder next time haha

btw.. I updated my post with the subtitle from Ghost! :D :D :D :D :D :icon_1dancingban :icon_1dancingban :icon_1dancingban
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   1 likes

sifon773_lover wrote:
ghost wrote:

I think my google's then broke lol. Searched hours for it. Even on duckduckgo. But good to know! I'll Try harder next time haha
ghost just has Google-Fu.
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   0 likes

ghost just has Google-Fu
:lol: :lol: :lol:
sifon773_lover

Dr. Google.
David32441

Post by David32441 »   1 likes

Thought the girl was cute and well acted, but the movie seemed really disjointed, poorly shot and poorly scripted, also pretty short at 85mins. Seen a lot better ones where a sprog is being hunted, eg. D.A.R.Y.L., Hanna, and maybe Wargames. A few of a shots looked really bad TV movie - not sure if it was a camera technique. Just not filmic in style. There was also little suspense.
Spoiler:

Lots of plot points seemed really strange. "We can only start searching when we have this helicopter radar technique, but it'll take 6 months". Guy 2 "blah blah shareholders won't be happy". "Ok, 3 months". Next day helicopter radar is searching with some radar and identifying her.
Radar technique won't work in rain or snow. Go up a mountain (not a rainforest!) which would have almost zero humidity in clear skies. Guy says "the humidity will throw off the radar"?
So the girl is a clone. Show a bank of super-computers with blinking lights?
So they work on a multi billion secret project. But they have no security?
Nothing about the clone making is shown that I can recall other than the bank of super-computers.
They want to keep the brain, they don't want to keep the brain.
Ok it has a bit of a twist ending that redeemed it a bit. But maybe 4/10 for the girl, and the girl lifted the score by at least 2!
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   2 likes

:lol:

I confess I get all the girl robot movies mixed together, so I can only comment generally. One frequent problem in using the science fiction genre to tell an emotional story is they do not succeed in the science part of it! (A failure of science education to make an impact on writers, perhaps.) When they get that part right, the story can be rather sterile and cold. (Like Stanley Kubrick's "2001". Brilliant though it is, it does not exactly warm my heart.) People quite reasonably expect a SCIENCE fiction story to NOT trip their nonsense detector, so without watching it again I believe your ruthless analysis is likely correct!

But ... speaking strictly personally, I have found logic and intellectual rigor to be a massive disappointment in life. I recognize that my brain does not work as well as it used to, either, and have become at least more tolerant of the irrational, the stupid, and the absurd -- depending upon whether any serious harm comes of it, of course. My guess is that I appreciated this one for the "human" relationship elements rather than the sci-fi. I admit that a hardnosed and rational story editor would have made for a stronger narrative. But, ah well ...

Just my 3 ha'pence, that.

P.S.: The character is named "Léa" and the actress playing her is supposedly named "Lou-Émilie Alves". L.É.A. Really? That is quite a coincidence. I think that was just a stage name chosen to give her some degree of anonymity for her childhood, as she apparently has not done anything else under that name since.

P.P.S.: According to Google Translate,
"Light Engineered Android" (English) =
"Androïde d'ingénierie légère" (French).

So the girl's name should more reasonably be "Adilé".

You are right, this is totally illogical.
deadman

Post by deadman »   1 likes

You're right, they were fast and loose with the technical details. They talked about super-brains and neurons arranged in cylinders emitting waves and other stuff that doesn't quite make sense. They could track her, but water and humidity screwed up their tracking (?). And how do you extract memories from nothing but donated blood? The best approach to watching this movie is not to think too much about the sloppy technical details and take it as a drama about a man whose dead daughter returns to him (sort of) and how these two characters form a new father-daughter bond.

This is the only film listed for Lou-Émilie Alves. I don't know if the character Léa got her name from the initials of the actress they chose for the part, or the actress used a stage name derived from the character. Could be either. I don't see how this gives her anonymity though. You see her face. What's the point of using a phony name if people can see your face? Unlike the girl in The Trouble with Being Born (2020) who wears a thin silicone face mask that makes her look synthetic, more android-like, hiding her identity in the process.

It's rare to get a movie that's rigorous in its science and also compelling and relatable on a human level. Usually a writer is good at one or the other but not both.