[REL] Mignonnes AKA Cuties (2020)

popdrome

Re: [REL] Mignonnes AKA Cuties (2020)

Post by popdrome »   0 likes

Sully23 wrote:
Kel wrote:Is it the one with the controversial slip scene?
paradoxically conservative people do not like it.
Yeah, so true!

My guess is, at the time, they had nothing else to bitch about.
Now, after Trump demise, they forgot all about it and enter Netflix again.

The controversy is just sillyness if you'd ask me. The lewd dancing is just what inner city girls do.
Go into suburbian Paris and these kids are like this. They have african roots and they like dancing.

The only thing not realistic about this movie is the blonde mixed in.

I did not like this movie bcus of the slow pace but it's kernally true in my opinion.
if you want lewd girls there's other ways.

Don't go quietly into the night.
Sully23

Post by Sully23 »   0 likes

popdrome wrote: The only thing not realistic about this movie is the blonde mixed in.
Nooo, if the blonde is one of my favorites, in addition to the girl with glasses, the different types of actresses were very successful. :heart :heart :heart

I suppose the director and Netflix polemicized the film to give it marketing or otherwise it would not be published here, it is something that has an effect that makes people interested.

The criticisms are only superficial, and people only criticize because they only see girls dancing, I saw other topics that were really worth it, such as the webcam chat or the explicit music videos that they watch is something quite realistic, how common you go to schools and use a camera to spy? 8-)

I do not know Paris but the dances were similar in Latin communities called 'reggaeton' sensual dances and with little clothes, they do not surprise me in Latin American schools, these contests are common, as if the movie was inspired by it. :lol: :lol:
popdrome

Post by popdrome »   0 likes

Sully23 wrote: The criticisms are only superficial, and people only criticize because they only see girls dancing, I saw other topics that were really worth it, such as the webcam chat or the explicit music videos that they watch is something quite realistic (...)
Yes I totally agree with you! Yes the webcam and cell phone pics is a topic we see in other films too.
There's nothing wrong with girls dancing- and your comparison with south america (and brasil), I noticed that too. :icon_1dancingban

Don't go quietly into the night.
Nasuada

Post by Nasuada »   1 likes

I saw the premiere of the film last year and it was off to see what criticism this film will get from some media and people. The shown dance facilities may shake some minds, but exactly who that shakes, should take a close look at today's world, where exactly that is already reality or almost everyday life for girls who are in that age.
The film tries to focus on the new media such as Instagram or YouTube and it is not the girls who initiate what we see, but they are influenced from the outside by third parties. It's about fame and likes and crossing boundaries that no adult shows them, because they are completely unaccompanied or ignorant in that world.

What the film does wrong again (in my opinion) is the taken up cultural aspect and that again seems to bother no one. The girl Amy is experiencing a radical change in her childhood. Her father leaves her mother for another woman, making her mother a second wife. The family sets up a new room for the newlyweds and Amy has to pretend that it's all perfectly normal, but she doesn't understand. She only knows that she is angry with her father and doesn't think much of the marriage. When she begins to rebel against this system, they try to discipline her massively, but she continues to resist and escapes into that world of dance. Her behavior in the "Western world", on the other hand, remains largely without any consequence, except that there is some laughter at school when she uploads photos of her gender on a social platform. Here I do not quite understand what the message of the film should be.
(ATTENTION: Spoiler)
Spoiler:

It becomes dubious for me especially at the end of the film, where Amy has obviously decided to return to her roots and that jumping joyfully into the camera as the final seuqence. Then I can only wonder what all this rebellion was for. Simply an experience for life?
[Image]
Sully23

Post by Sully23 »   0 likes

Nasuada wrote: Here I do not quite understand what the message of the film should be.
(ATTENTION: Spoiler)
Spoiler:

It becomes dubious for me especially at the end of the film, where Amy has obviously decided to return to her roots and that jumping joyfully into the camera as the final seuqence. Then I can only wonder what all this rebellion was for. Simply an experience for life?
It is also difficult for me to understand the end and the message of all that .......... very similar when I saw Innocene, in which it was also a movie, it seemed not to have an understandable plot and in the end I assumed it was about the life of knowing the outside world, that's what I interpreted ....... well going back to Cuties I see only Amy has an identity crisis, she gets into that bubble to escape her reality but she realizes and returns to her environment, with Angelica Amy's best friend, she was already a rebellious girl as if she had no parents, only her brother is already living in that world of other girls, nothing is mentioned and with that one knows the reason for everything.

90 minutes of film are enough to show us everything that happens with girls and the world of social networks and that must be said is what Maïmouna Doucouré wanted us to see.

PD: Because you changed your photo if you looked prettier than the previous one.
Nasuada

Post by Nasuada »   0 likes

Thanks for your thoughts around that. Personally I think the Movie was an good idea but running in some parts in the wrong direction.

And thanks for your feedback around my Avatar. Sometimes I need a new face :-)
[Image]