[REL] Den gneva (1985)

Movies that don't quite meet the requirements to be on-topic for FLM, maybe because the actors are too old or screen time is too small.
Rich

Re: [REL] Den gneva (1985)

Post by Rich »   0 likes

RFF wrote:Sex / Nudity / Violence:
2 girls (9 and 11) are swimming topless in pool.
8) :bigups:
infiniter

Post by infiniter »   0 likes

Rich wrote:
RFF wrote:Sex / Nudity / Violence:
2 girls (9 and 11) are swimming topless in pool.
8) :bigups:
Yeah, but most likely as always: very short.

Post by Guest »   0 likes

Sounds like a job for Super DVD Splitter :)

Keep the good bits then fee up some HD space deleting the rest.
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   27 likes

Upgrade from 576x240 to an unrestored 1280x720. (Or so the video specs claim. It is a definite improvement, but perhaps not that much.)

[Image][Image][Image]
[Image][Image][Image]
An American TV-journalist is interested in the trail of some strange mystery embedded in a mountainous region of the USA. After much red tape, he is allowed to enter the area. A sullen guide convoys him through several farms inhabited by even more sullen and withdrawn people. The journalist cannot help minding their weird behaviour, and especially that of one kid who also seems to be a math whiz. With some effort, he discovers an explanation to the mystery and convinces his guide to help him reveal it to the rest of the world. Written by Ørnås (corrected by Vitaliy)
This has recently been resurrected by childrenincinema, which claims it has "controversial scenes." Tosh! More importantly - as noted in the ancient posts at FLM - there are at most a few minutes of scenes with the children, and they are unimportant to the plot. I would call it Off-Topic for FLM.

But that plot! This is still a solid, interesting science-fiction tale, reminiscent in some ways of V (TV Mini-series 1983), with genetically-modified man-bears taking the place of malevolent lizard aliens. I have noticed emulers (perhaps FLMers?) getting from me the file I got from here, so I thought I would offer this picture upgrade, with external English subtitles very roughly machine-translated from speech-to-text Russian. I have also included the Russian subtitle file unedited.

Video source:

Code: Select all

https://ok.ru/video/2356468583020
Both English and Russian subtitles also work with the original FLM video.

Like this post to see ed2k links  [1.41 Gb]
Like this post to see ed2k links  [25.1 Kb]
Like this post to see ed2k links  [43.1 Kb]
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

I have to confess I downloaded this way back when but never watched it (like so many other films I downloaded just so I could help share). Guess I'll give it a go this time.
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

Night457 wrote:as noted in the ancient posts at FLM - there are at most a few minutes of scenes with the children, and they are unimportant to the plot. I would call it Off-Topic for FLM.
I have to agree with you - there are less than two minutes of screen time showing any kids at all. This does belongs to V-OT. Thanks for bringing it to FLM anyway, Night457. If someone still wants it, they can find it there.