[REL] Un Été à La Goulette (1996)

Movies that don't quite meet the requirements to be on-topic for FLM, maybe because the actors are too old or screen time is too small.
Triela

[REL] Un Été à La Goulette (1996)

Post by Triela »   47 likes

[REL] Un Été à La Goulette (1996) [France]

This is a coming-of-age film about three teens in Tunisia, and losing their virginity. With a cameo of Claudia Cardinale
DoB could sadly not be found for the actressess.

Like this post to see ed2k links  [806.62 Mb]
Like this post to see ed2k links  [106.8 Kb]
Like this post to see ed2k links  [75.6 Kb]
Like this post to see ed2k links  [72.9 Kb]
Like this post to see ed2k links  [106.8 Kb]

IMDB link https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0114775/reference
other links.
http://www.cineressources.net/pochettes ... rche=54884

This is my first release. You could be gentle in pointing out my many errors.
Released under this part of the FLM posting guideline:
Many children's roles are played by actors or actresses older than that, but if the characters they play are 16 or younger, that's acceptable.
ghost
Site Admin

Re: [REL] Un Été à La Goulette (1996)

Post by ghost »   0 likes

Thanks for your first release ;)

IMDB says:
Summer, 1967. La Goulette, the touristic beach of Tunisia, is the site where three nice seventeen-year-old girls live: Gigi, Sicilian and Catholic; Meriem, Tunisian and Arab; Tina, French and Jewish. They would like to have their first sexual experience during that summer, challenging their families. Their fathers, Youssef, Jojo and Giuseppe, are old friends and their friendship will be in crisis because of the girls, while Hadj, an old rich Arab, would like to marry Meriem.
The girls' age sounds a bit off-topic to me, but I won't be too quick...
Triela

Post by Triela »   0 likes

you're welcome! Tbh, I expected some sort of ban or deletion of my post, this is a harsh place...
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   1 likes

Triela wrote:you're welcome! Tbh, I expected some sort of ban or deletion of my post, this is a harsh place...
We're not trying to be harsh, we're trying to stay on-topic. We've had many instances of someone new trying to change things in spite of what all the other members want and away from what's worked great all these years. FLM is 16 years old, ancient in the online world.

We don't ban someone arbitrarily, and we don't ban someone for honestly trying. Like ghost said, "The girls' age sounds a bit off-topic to me, but I won't be too quick..." We usually go by IMDb's info and the synopsis says they're 17. Without further information - which I couldn't find after searching approx 20 sites - they are all too old to meet the cutoff age of 16.

However, I'll let others give their opinions whether this film is on-topic or not. What say you, FLM members?
deadman

Post by deadman »   0 likes

Triela wrote:you're welcome! Tbh, I expected some sort of ban or deletion of my post, this is a harsh place...
I could only find a date of birth for Sonia Mankai - the one who literally kills the old man with her looks at the end. July 2, 1974. Which means she was 21 at the time of filming. I'd guess the other girls are in the same age range, but since neither of them made another movie and there's no information out there it's impossible to be sure.

This is why we have verified off-topic, to post things that aren't technically on topic but might be of interest to the members anyway. Sometimes there's no information on an actress' age (the EU data privacy law has made this a bigger problem recently) and you just have to guess. Other times the age of the character isn't stated explicitly anywhere in the film. You have to infer it from their circumstances. I don't usually post stuff where I know the actress is over 16 regardless of the age of the character. That's just my own personal preference. I make exceptions though, like Charlotte Gainsbourg in La petite voleuse (1988) or Zoë De Roovere in Suspect (2005), both age 17.

It's rare to find a film where 16 or under actresses play someone more than a year or two older than themselves. But if I found one where an actress was 14, say, and playing an 18-year-old because she looked mature for her age, I'd be inclined to go ahead and post it, let the mods and other members decide whether it should stay there. The discipline around here isn't harsh. Worst case, a mod might move your post to the off-topic section. You'd only be in danger of a ban if you persisted in posting material that clearly doesn't belong here and ignored repeated guidance. Always a few stupid people wherever you go.

I liked this film by the way, even if it is a bit off topic. Thanks. Contributing members are always appreciated. Please keep it up! :D
Sully23

Post by Sully23 »   0 likes

This movie does not belong to this post, the actresses are "old" very adult, it is not necessary to find out their ages. 2 nude scenes are enough, they are actresses playing the role of teenager of 17, definitely.

Something that would save the post would be if in the movie there were girls in the cast, their role in the movie and their screen time was almost half of the movie, Triela, You don't learn.
deadman

Post by deadman »   0 likes

Sully23 wrote:This movie does not belong to this post, the actresses are "old" very adult, it is not necessary to find out their ages. 2 nude scenes are enough, they are actresses playing the role of teenager of 17, definitely.

Something that would save the post would be if in the movie there were girls in the cast, their role in the movie and their screen time was almost half of the movie, Triela, You don't learn.
What do you mean? This was his first post. I think we can cut him some slack, sometimes actresses are younger than they look. We have a limited number of contributing members. The last thing we want to do is jump down the throat of a newbie who just joined about a month ago and is already trying his hand at posting stuff. Just let him know if he does something wrong, so he can avoid making the same mistake in the future. It's good he's participating and not just lurking.

Keep on posting Triela! The effort is appreciated. The more users do it, the more content becomes available to everyone.
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

I think there's a consensus that this goes to V-OT. Thanks for contributing, Triela. I'm sure you'll find other stuff to release.
Sully23

Post by Sully23 »   0 likes

deadman wrote:What do you mean? This was his first post.
I remember my first (or second) post was a Patrick Swayze movie, it was a road movie action movie, my pretext was Swayze's daughter in the movie, but it was just more personal taste and I don't want Triela to use that. All your contributions are welcome.
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

Sully23 wrote:
deadman wrote:What do you mean? This was his first post.
I remember my first (or second) post was a Patrick Swayze movie, it was a road movie action movie, my pretext was Swayze's daughter in the movie, but it was just more personal taste and I don't want Triela to use that. All your contributions are welcome.
The benchmark for a film to be on-topic with children who aren't the stars is do they have more than a minute or two of screen time and are they essential to the plot? In other words, would the film be any different without them? Would a cardboard cutout do the job in their place? Many/most films have kids in them somewhere, but that doesn't make them on-topic. Many films have dogs in them too, but that doesn't make them animal films. Conversely, a child may only appear for a few minutes but have a profound effect on the plot - for instance the child dies and it deeply affects the rest of the family.

Yes, it's subjective, but it's usually not too difficult to tell the difference, and we don't arbitrarily trash a film unless it's glaringly obvious. Otherwise we ask for member opinions.