[REL] Spermula (1976)

Movies that don't quite meet the requirements to be on-topic for FLM, maybe because the actors are too old or screen time is too small.
BizarreLoveTriangle

Re: [REL] Spermula (1976)

Post by BizarreLoveTriangle »   0 likes

I think Maladolescenza is overrated. Eva and Lara both suck.
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

BizarreLoveTriangle wrote:I think Maladolescenza is overrated. Eva and Lara both suck.
True, but it's like voting between Ginger or MaryAnn on "Gilligan's Island" or between Marsha or Jan on "The Brady Bunch" (I know I just confused many non-U.S. people). Besides, Eva's photos, even at 12 years old, show she already had a real jungle "down there", much more than most adult women. You'd need a machete and a native guide to find your way through that <shudder> and her bitchy attitude and glamour-girl look make me compare her to the shallow stuck-up cheerleaders who wouldn't give a non-jock a second look in their teen years.

(Oh, and my choices are MaryAnn, Jan, and Lara) :)
Debaser

Post by Debaser »   0 likes

BizarreLoveTriangle wrote:Eva and Lara both suck.
If only they did BizarreLoveTriangle, if only they did.
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Guest wrote:Phuzzy4242, I liked your comment :clap

and her bitchy attitude and glamour-girl look make me compare her to the shallow stuck-up cheerleaders who wouldn't give a non-jock a second look in their teen years

Yes, Eva does look like the sort of gal who would brush a "nerd" off like a dead fly on her mohair cardigan.
I went to my graduating class' 30 year reunion several years ago and the "beauty queens" were ALL dumpy fat housewives with multiple grown-up kids. The "jocks" were fat and balding and couldn't have run 10 meters without collapsing with a coronary.

I, on the other hand, am still as handsome as ever - STOP LAUGHING BECAUSE IT'S TRUE!
I was never handsome to begin with, so I didn't have as far to fall. :icon_roll2
Hulpein

Post by Hulpein »   1 likes

In the recently restored 107 minute Spermula French blu-ray, I believe that this is all that's left of Eva. Sorry, I don't have a blu-ray burner so this is a just a really bad quality photo.

In my opinion, her hair is unmistakable in the current crystal clear blu-ray of the film which matches the onset photos of Eva, and the "Eva hair" scene in the current French restoration matches the contemporaneous description of her scene, so it's apparent to me that this is indeed Eva. She just has a couple of very short shots in the first few minutes of the film. I believe that after the censors cut whatever else Eva's part consisted of that the director edited this small Eva scene in such a way as to make it appear like someone else with the giveaway being the hair mismatch.

It was reported at the time that Eva's scene(s) were too much for even the French censors, so yes the vast majority of her scene(s) were cut in France and won't ever be seen.

Screenshot from the film (the woman facing us is also in some other photos wearing that outfit with Eva during filming):

[Image]

Photo from on the set:

[Image]

There may also be a short shot of her prancing solo across the screen a few minutes later, but I'm not 100% positive since it's a purposely dark & hazy scene, so maybe three different seconds-long shots of Eva.
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

I was never a big fan of her in any case, but this film was so bad on its own, it didn't need her help to make it worse. As you can tell, this film and her alleged inclusion in it got a lot of discussion here, but in the end it was much ado about nothing.
Rich_Visiting

Post by Rich_Visiting »   0 likes

Thanks for clearing up the long mystery Hulpein! Btw infiniter earlier in the thread...
infiniter wrote: We would need to find a studio copy from the cutter or similiar where she's still involved.
Somewhere on this earth lies this piece of celluloid.... :roll:
Not much chance of that happening though.
compassmodels

Post by compassmodels »   0 likes

She was added to the film and had risque pictures of her taken around the set and then released just to market the movie. The Spermula "pictures" of Eva, are just that, pictures. And they were taken and spread to get word of mouth controversy to advertise the film.
Rich_Visiting

Post by Rich_Visiting »   0 likes

New REL on to rent, as mentioned before, highly unlikely to feature anything, posted for your interest...

Code: Select all

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:adjy34vczy5acwydazeddbhgpopc4kpu&dn=Spermula%20%5B1976%20-%20France%5D%20erotic%20sci%20fi&xl=4500946786&fc=6
:)