[REL] El Ultimo Verano de la Boyita (2009) [Argentina]

ptguardian

Re: [REL] El Ultimo Verano de la Boyita (2009) Argentina

Post by ptguardian »   0 likes

BizarreLoveTriangle wrote:Wow, that big :eyecrazy

What's the point of upscaling DVD rips, though? Or was it BD :think

If the DVD resolution is 720x576, then the most optimal rip resolution is IMO 720x576 (or maybe a bit smaller to remove black borders). Most players are able to scale avi during playback to keep aspect ratio.
this is meant for playback on a big screen.(i have a 67") any new hdtv will have an excellent viewing and ps3 compatible. plays just fine in most media players as well. aspect ratio is fine. look at face proportion, trees, glass, water and the hairs on her head. all very natural and sharp. size was to retain picture quality. very hard to distinguish from original source. if kev does not supply external subs i will do a smaller version that is hard coded. (720x576)

:)
BizarreLoveTriangle

Post by BizarreLoveTriangle »   0 likes

ptguardian wrote:this is meant for playback on a big screen.(i have a 67") any new hdtv will have an excellent viewing and ps3 compatible. plays just fine in most media players as well. aspect ratio is fine.
If it was for HDTV compatibility, then it makes sense. I don't have HDTV myself.

However, when I watch a rip on my computer monitor, then upscaling does not give any quality improvement, rather makes quality worse (depending on the algorithm used for resampling, but the algorithms that give best quality are slow). And higher bitrate would be required.

I did not mean that there is anything wrong with aspect ratio of your rip.

In any case, thanks a lot for the rip! Gotta find some time to fully enjoy this... (and subs would help, of course...)
kev
Site Admin

Post by kev »   8 likes

BizarreLoveTriangle wrote:...Hopefully someone can post subs...
BizarreLoveTriangle wrote:..(and subs would help, of course...)
Alright, alright... Quit yer b*tchin', BLT!! :dance lol

Here's the subs.. I went ahead and named them after PTg's [REL] so hopefully they load easier. Set to 'PowerShare':

Like this post to see ed2k links  [72.9 Kb]

For anyone interested the DVD art:
[Image]

..and the Cover art:
[Image]

I hope the subs match up... I'm pretty sure we both got the same DVD, so they should..

Thanks again PTg for working with the file to provide FLM with a quality rip!!

Good luck.

kev.
ptguardian

Thanks the subs match perfectly. :cool

BizarreLoveTriangle

Yeah, supercool, thanks :thumbsup
loverboy

Post by loverboy »   0 likes

Very addictive this one.............Once you start watching you'll see it through until the end.
We're spoilt here......great quality rip, subtitles AND artwork. Well done guys!.....this is FLM at it's best. :thumbsup
I don't want to spoil anyone's enjoyment of this but poor little sod..........he's got the delights of Jorgelina all over him & there's an equipment disorder...........

lb
BizarreLoveTriangle

Yeah, quality is excellent, but I cannot see it through until the end. Always get stuck... :heart
Debaser

Post by Debaser »   0 likes

BizarreLoveTriangle wrote:Yeah, quality is excellent, but I cannot see it through until the end. Always get stuck... :heart
Same here.
I don’t see the point in upgrading my PC when the possibility of a perfectly acceptable DVDRip under a GB can exist!

Anyway, thanks ptguardian.

I look forward to a version I can watch :)
FLL

Post by FLL »   0 likes

I was going to give my feedback on ptg's rip but I have to ask those with problems: at what point does it die? When I scan through it it doesn't hand for me (and I am on a 2004 laptop). But haven't watched it fully.
ptguardian

first off i have to wonder if BLT's comment was because of playback difficulties or getting stuck looking at certain scenes that warrant several looks. :think

i played this through several different players. all were fine to me. of course i do have fast processors and lots of memory in both my computers. playing through my ps3 it is film like quality. so if there is a problem it lies in old under powered equipment is my guess...LOL

i did make another rip at 1.1gigs with hard coded subs. but i am running out of bandwidth. i uploaded over 6gigs of the one already posted. debaser PM me if you want that one and i will send it to you or if FLL will volunteer some of his awesome speed i will send it to him to post ;)