Yuko Oshima (Child Actress, Singer, U-15 Gravure Idol) [Japan]

Post here about any child actresses (or actors) you like!
Warg

Yuko Oshima (Child Actress, Singer, U-15 Gravure Idol) [Japan]

Post by Warg »   38 likes

Yuko Oshima
This strong but very kind harted young lady is famous for being one of the three most important members of AKB48 (beside Atsuko Maeda and Minami Takahashi). It's much less known that she previously also was a child actress and an U-15 gravure model. Since I found by chance a little of this stuff I thought I present it here. But first to introduce Yuko ...

Info:
https://www.imdb.com/name/nm2623363/
http://stage48.net/wiki/index.php/Oshima_Yuko

[Image] [Image] [Image] [Image] [Image]
Yuko Oshima as a child actress and an U-15 idol (2001-2003)

[Image] [Image]
Yuko Oshima as an AKB48 member (2011) and today (2018)

Yuko Oshima was born on October 17, 1988. She's 1/4 American (her mother being half American, half Japanese, her father is Japanese). Yuko started her child acting career aged 7 in spring 1996 and participated in a number of tv productions and commercials (the IMDb list seems to be very incomplete). In 2001 (short before her 13th birtthday) she also began to do gravure modelling as a Teenage Idol. Aged 16 she was part of the short lived idol group Doll's Vox in 2005 and joined AKB48 (aged 17) as a member of the newly formed Team K in February, 2006 as whose captain she functioned from August 24, 2012 until Febuary 24, 2014. On June 9, 2014 she left AKB48 to pursue a career as an actress as she had planned long before.

As a sample for her work with AKB48 I have chosen the song "Tomo yo Yoake ni Machiawaseyou" peformed by the one-shot unit Sukeban Girls (Yuko Oshima, Tomomi Kasai & Rena Matsui (SKE48)) on their only single "Tsupparu Riyuu" (November 2011): http://alive.in.th/watch_video.php?v=H343G8U53118

Antique – Seiyo Kotto Yogashiten (2001) Episode 4: 'Chisana hoshi'
(Kanji: アンティーク~西洋骨董洋菓子店~ , 小さな星)

as a sample for Yukos work as a child actress ...

Plot: "'Antique - Western antique cake shop' is Fuji TV's 9 dramas broadcasted in 2001. Yuko Oshima, who is 12 years old at the time, appears in the fourth episode 'Small Star'. It was an important part that became the main part of the story. ... Kayoko, been hospitalized for an incurable disease from a young age, asks the cake shop 'Antique' of the pastry store 'star cake', but closes her heart with a single word 'different' when looking at any cake. Eiji (= Hideaki Takizawa) invites such Kayoko (= Yuko Oshima) to the store. Therefore, genius Patissier Yusuke Ono (= Naoto Fujiki) proposes to make a cake with Kayoko herself. Kayoko challenges the cake making with pleasure with the staff. She will make it back wonderfully. But ... a few days later, Kayoko would leave this world ... It was a very impressive occasion ..." (Google translated from a YouTube page)

[Image]
https://video.fc2.com/ja/content/20140629529TzfNK/ = Like this post to see ed2k links  [145.45 Mb]

And finally the core part: Yukos Gravure Videos :D

"A gravure idol is a Japanese female model who primarily models in magazines, especially those marketed to men, photobooks, or DVDs. Gravure idols, in most cases, emphasize their sexual attractiveness and often model in swimsuits. Gravure idols appear in a wide range of photography styles and genres. Their photos are largely aimed at male audiences. Though they never appear nude, their poses are seen as semi-provocative. Gravure models may be of any age but usually range from their late teens to their mid-twenties. In addition to appearing in mainstream magazines, gravure idols often release their own professional photobooks and DVDs for their fans. Many popular female idols in Japan launched their careers by starting out as gravure idols.Gravure models are commonly photographed wearing bikinis or lingerie, but may also appear wearing schoolgirl uniforms, Japanese street fashion, and kimonos." (Urban Dictionary)

One should add to this definition that with underage gravure idols the stress rather lies on cuteness (!) - but there are nevertheless enough retards who call it pedo stuff ... :(

"Growing up!" was released in August 2001 a few weeks before Yukos 13th birthday. It featured her together with another child actress named Honami Tajima. Sadly I could not find the complete video (the only torrent is obviously dead). But on YouTube there were some fragments that I compiled for convenience to one video.

[Image]
Like this post to see ed2k links  [67.16 Mb]

"Adolescence" was released on October, 03 2003 a few days before Yukos 15th birthday. Though she is still cute her personality shows already the self connfidence that later made her such a strong leader ... I found that video in 7 parts on YouTube and reassembleded them to one movie. It seems to be the complete video (I found a dead torrent of it with the movie of the same duration).

[Image]
Like this post to see ed2k links  [323.12 Mb]

On the same ocassions seemingly pictures were taken for two photobooks: "Charm" (released on July, 10 2001) and "Kagayaku Kimochi" (かがやくきもち, released on Oktober, 18 2003). Luckily there were two slide show videos on YouTube.

Charm (2001): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdTRe-b-mLc = Like this post to see ed2k links  [64.42 Mb]
Kagayaku Kimochi (2003): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gETTKHkx2o = Like this post to see ed2k links  [35.92 Mb]
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Re: Yuko Oshima (Child Actress, Singer, U-15 Gravure Idol) [Japan]

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

Impressive detective work, Warg, along with the video editing. I'm sure many of us are familiar with Japanese photobooks, especially from the era of girls such as Nozomi Kurahashi, Rika Nishimura, and Shiori Suwano, but I don't think many/any of them had careers once they became adults.
Warg

Post by Warg »   0 likes

Phuzzy4242 wrote:Impressive detective work, Warg, along with the video editing. I'm sure many of us are familiar with Japanese photobooks, especially from the era of girls such as Nozomi Kurahashi, Rika Nishimura, and Shiori Suwano, but I don't think many/any of them had careers once they became adults.
You also make a good detective, Phuzzy4242 - this was ecactly why I posted the stuff (beside the fact that I did know Yuko from AKB48 and was more than surprised to find she has had a past as a Junior Gravure Idol) ... ;)
Sully23

Post by Sully23 »   0 likes

I am surprised to see a Japanese model in this post the set is so similar to others that I have seen there directed to the Japanese public in that country is common and more when it was also created agencies with Slavic models

The Japanese are very beautiful
Warg

Post by Warg »   0 likes

Sully23 wrote:I am surprised to see a Japanese model in this post the set is so similar to others that I have seen there directed to the Japanese public in that country is common and more when it was also created agencies with Slavic models

The Japanese are very beautiful
:think ...
These videos are so typically japanese and, as Phuzzy4242 rightly said, they are so similar to the well known nude child modelling of the 90es I would have been extremely surprised to see anything else (!) than a japanese model in them ... ;)

Yep, the japanese girls are very cute - I think it's their big baby eyes and their charming smile ... :heart