[REL] Iris (2011) [Finland/Sweden]

buffy_summers

[REL] Iris (2011) [Finland/Sweden]

Post by buffy_summers »   1 likes

A hauntingly beautiful and unusual coming-of-age tale. Set in 1890, Iris's artist mother leaves Stockholm for the summer and sends her 9-year old daughter to stay with an uncle in the Finnish archipelago. The girl learns to play with other children and discovers the joys of friendship in the remote Åland Islands.

http://fi.filmtrailer.com/cinema/7188/I ... lerit.html
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Re: Iris(2011) Finland Sweden

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   1 likes

Popping out of a cake?!? :lol:

This looks like a fun one.
kev
Site Admin

Re: Iris(2011) Finland Sweden

Post by kev »   0 likes

Phuzzy4242 wrote:Pooping out of a cake?!? :lol:.....

THAT'S just plain nasty, Phuzzy... :mrgreen:

:lol:

kev.
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Re: Iris (2011) [Finland/Sweden]

Did i <really> type that or did you edit my post and "fix" it, 'cause it don't say that now.
plonkah

Post by plonkah »   0 likes

Looks a cracking film but have to say her boyfriend looks a bit of a pig
kev
Site Admin

Post by kev »   86 likes

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1606618/

Synopsis:
imdb wrote:A hauntingly beautiful and unusual coming-of-age tale. Set in 1890, Iris's artist mother leaves Stockholm for the summer and sends her 9-year old daughter to stay with an uncle in the Finnish archipelago. The girl learns to play with other children and discovers the joys of friendship in the remote Åland Islands.
Pix:
[Image][Image][Image]
...........................................................................................'Pooping' out of a cake.. :D
[Image][Image][Image]

[Image][Image][Image]

[Image][Image][Image]

[Image]

DVD Cover Art:
[Image]
DVD Disk Art:
[Image]

Most definitely a character-driven film; hence your enjoyment will depend on how much you care about the characters. Especially Iris', as she is stand-offish to everyone she meets, especially her mother. Their relationship sort of reminds me of the relationship between Violetta and her mother Hana in 'My Little Princess'.

Like this post to see ed2k links  [793.00 Mb]

Like this post to see ed2k links  [81.8 Kb]

I don't know what's happened to my version of Auto Gordian Knot [it's always worked great for me], but it would NOT covert this DVD to an .avi file. (I tried 3 times, but 5 mins into encoding it kept giving me an 'Error: Can't find VOB file...') I ended up installing 'Handbrake' and using that for the first time ever. As you can see from the pix, the wide-screen ratio is off, it's more compressed than it should be. :wall

I didn't check up in our 'Tech' forums to see if there might a 'Handbrake' tutorial, that might help with knowing how to set things up to get the aspect-ratio to where it looks normal, but if there isn't maybe someone familiar with the program can help.... :think

It's still a beautiful film. Enjoy. :)

kev.

(Also, I'm [REL]ing it in the 'Finland' forum as the end credits proclaimed it to be a 'Finnish Production'.. )
starfish21

Re: [REL] Iris (2011) [Finland/Sweden]

Post by starfish21 »   0 likes

good work,Kev,another m4v as well. :D

https://trac.handbrake.fr/wiki/HandBrakeGuide
kev
Site Admin

Post by kev »   0 likes

starfish21 wrote:good work,Kev,another m4v as well. :D
I know... I'm just waiting to get cursed out by some of our more 'discriminating' members... :icon_biggrin2
Yay!! Absolutely perfect, starfish! Many thanks. :thumbsup

kev.
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Hmmm, I'm getting many many "Warning: Unable to hash downloaded part - hashset incomplete (Iris.(2011).Finland.Sweden.DVDRip.kF.m4v)" errors. :think
kev
Site Admin

Post by kev »   0 likes

Phuzzy4242 wrote:Hmmm, I'm getting many many "Warning: Unable to hash downloaded part - hashset incomplete (Iris.(2011).Finland.Sweden.DVDRip.kF.m4v)" errors. :think
Weird... I got exactly the same warnings from ptg's 'Rainbow Tribe' file.. :think However it ended up d/loading and it plays fine without any glitches.. ;)

This was my first time using 'HandBrake' and I couldn't find a way to change M4V to a medium I'm more familiar with [avi, mpeg ect..] so I just the program 'do it's thing'. What I've posted is the result.

It played fine on my GOM, WM and VLC players, so I don't know what to tell you... :D

It will be interesting to see if some of the other members I've seen d/loading it from me are having similar problems. :think

kev.