Graveyard or Verified Off-Topic?

Problems, requests or comments regarding forums or the main site go here.
mimzy

Graveyard or Verified Off-Topic?

Post by mimzy »   1 likes

I noticed that recently some stuff has been moved to Graveyard, which could have been also moved to Verified Off-Topic. The main difference is that threads under Verified Off-Topic can be replied to. Thus, if the OT-ness is disputable, the thread should be moved to Verified Off-Topic. If replies are not wanted (duplicate threads and other trash), it should be moved to Graveyard.

It's just my opinion and it's disputable.
ptguardian

Re: Graveyard or Verified Off-Topic?

Post by ptguardian »   0 likes

OT-ness is disputable or Verified Off-Topic?

I am not aware of what is disputable and if no one has released something in one of these threads we are not stepping on toes sending it to graveyard.

Something in particular you are referring to? If it is disputable it doesn't have to go anywhere. It would stay in [REQ]. Right?
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

I went back through Graveyard and moved or merged topics as needed. The only one I'm not sure of is Der Bär ist los (2000). Rich posted it and he's skeptical the link he posted is actually the film - any follow-up may have been lost in the 2006 crash.
starfish21

Post by starfish21 »   0 likes

i see where you're coming from,mimzy.you think maybe we're being a bit quick to condemn old posts.the problem is that if any kind of tidying up is to happen,the axe must fall.if a req goes into 'verified off-topic' what happens to it then? is it a kind of purgatory?
anyone browsing would go through the graveyard too,i certainly would.i'm guessing the one you're referring to is '[REQ] Drommeslottet '
Ptg was good enough to offer information that nobody else could,i value his input,so i won't ever give that film a second glance.i say
carry on with the cleanups. :ugeek:
mimzy

If something is moved to Graveyard, it means "end of discussion", because the thread is automatically locked. If somebody still wants to add something, he has to start a completely new thread.

Take this as an example: [REQ] Drommeslottet. In PTg's opinion it was off-topic, so it was moved to Graveyard, but maybe somebody else has a different opinion or even wants to post a link? Why not? After all, PTg said that the kids did have some screen time. What if one of those kids was a local "Chloe Moretz"? I just thought that locking the thread was too restrictive.
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

So should I move that back to Requests in case someone (finally) posts a link? Makes no difference to me.
starfish21

i can't disagree with you,up to admin.
since you're here mimzy,maybe you can tell me how to fix the time showing on the site.

my preferences are correctly set for GMT but the board time is still 1hr over,it says 21.39 but its only 20.39 here.
???
mimzy

Phuzzy4242 wrote:So should I move that back to Requests in case someone (finally) posts a link? Makes no difference to me.
It is exactly the case I had in mind when I created "Verified Off-Topic"...

PTg has verified that this movie is off-topic and we trust his opinion. Nevertheless I'd leave the thread open for other opinions.
mimzy

starfish21 wrote:my preferences are correctly set for GMT but the board time is still 1hr over,it says 21.39 but its only 20.39 here.
???
Set "Summer Time/DST is in effect" to "No".
starfish21

got it!
cheers
[Image]