Planned additional forums

Problems, requests or comments regarding forums or the main site go here.
mimzy

Planned additional forums

Post by mimzy »   1 likes

Well, after "Child Actresses & Actors" and "Latin America", I've been thinking (and discussing with admins) about adding few more forums :mrgreen:

Firstly, our ultimate goal is to get all REQs released, right? Unfortunately the REQ section contains many movies that are known to be off-topic, because the policy of the former admin team was to simply leave off-topic movies at REQ.

Few examples:

[REQ] Samostoyatelnaya zhizn (1992)
[REQ] Mera ur kärlekens språk
[REQ] Street Sisters (1974)

On the other hand, we don't want to move these movies to "Graveyard", specially if they are listed at RFF.

The idea was to create a forum "Verified Off-Topic" (kind of companion to "Unverified Info"), which would be similar to "Graveyard", except that replies to topics would be allowed.

Admins would check the REQs and move verified off-topic movies to this new forum as time permits. All members could help by reporting verified off-topic movies using the [Image] button.

I guess we don't want to start another discussion about what is on-topic and what is off-topic, so let's say that a movie is off-topic if there are no younger actresses (or actors) than 16 yo or the roles of younger actresses are so uninteresting that 99% of FLM members would not even save clips.

Another forum that I've been thinking about was "Online Streaming Movies" (or something similar).

Nowadays many movies can be watched online. Since a REL requires a working ed2k link, many of those movies are waiting in the REQ section for someone to provide a link, which might never happen due to lack of interest. Such movies could be moved to the new "Online Streaming Movies" forum. The forum could be also used as a better alternative to "General" for posting youtube and vimeo shorts.

Feel free to post your thoughts about this.
ptguardian

Re: Planned additional forums

Post by ptguardian »   0 likes

mimzy wrote:we don't want to move these movies to "Graveyard", specially if they are listed at RFF.
RFF lists everything now. As long as it has an actor under 18 in it(even cartoons). They used to list mainly off of keywords. Most of the early films posted here were because it listed one of these keywords even if the scene was only a couple of seconds. This is a new board and I think movies that are not FLM material should be moved to graveyard.

Adding additional forums? Maybe.
You and the admins will be doing more work and it sounds like it would complicate things for releasers. Especially new people wanting to add something. Less confusion is a good thing.

I will figure it out what ever you decide.
mimzy

ptguardian wrote:This is a new board and I think movies that are not FLM material should be moved to graveyard.
Graveyard is IMO for duplicate threads and trash. Some of the movies that I listed as examples might still be interesting for FLM members. Besides, if a member works hard to get a REQ released only to be moved to Graveyard, it kind of ruins the day.
ptguardian wrote:You and the admins will be doing more work and it sounds like it would complicate things for releasers. Especially new people wanting to add something. Less confusion is a good thing.
Leaving aside the streaming movies forum, releasing would not change -- add to REL if you have ed2k link, REQ otherwise.

The problem I see is that everyone browsing the REQ section to find out which movies we need, would stumble upon the same off-topic movies again and again. If we want to get REQs released, we should clean up the section.

Some threads under REQ have perfectly working ed2k links and everything, and it would be a pity to trash those threads.
ptguardian

Post by ptguardian »   0 likes

mimzy wrote: Graveyard is IMO for duplicate threads and trash. Some of the movies that I listed as examples might still be interesting for FLM members. Besides, if a member works hard to get a REQ released only to be moved to Graveyard, it kind of ruins the day.
This I agree with to a point. Some request by Rich were known to be just posted because he read something or looked at a dvd cover. He had a habit of being gone for a while than suddenly posting 30 requests at once. I have spent time finding some of these only to find out they are not FLM material.

Perhaps a solution is to just take those few as the exception and report it as you mentioned.
mimzy wrote:Some threads under REQ have perfectly working ed2k links and everything, and it would be a pity to trash those threads.
I have seen those and I agree.
mimzy

I created the planned forums. I hope these are OK :roll: