Availability of Movies on the emule network

Problems, requests or comments regarding forums or the main site go here.
ital

Availability of Movies on the emule network

Post by ital »   0 likes

I have noticed that a lot of the links to releases on emule do not have any availability on emule or at best one person may be sharing, and or may not be on line often.

For example, I have at this moment 20 movies on download of which 11 are always in the red, some more than 10 days !!!
Many reds are at 0% done or at best only 3-4%....

It is pointless clogging up your downloads in this way, because emule is wasting its resources searching for nothing !! you end up with loads of people on queue again, sharing nothing.

I am sure that this effects downloads in some way ??

These red (no shares) I have obtained from links here :cry:

Just some advice :D

Whenever I post a link here, prior to doing so, I check to see availability on emule, if it is relatively blue, or very blue, then I post it :wink:

Again:

Just some advice folks :D :)
Rich

Re: Availability of Movies on the emule network

Post by Rich »   0 likes

Hi ital,
I have noticed that a lot of the links to releases on emule do not have any availability on emule or at best one person may be sharing, and or may not be on line often.
The best thing to do is not click on the links, but rather search for the name of the download. Allow the search to complete fully and then right click to download, this way all sources will be picked up ;)
For example, I have at this moment 20 movies on download of which 11 are always in the red, some more than 10 days !!!
20 downloads is very low, if you download around 50-70 files at a time they will all come in, slowly but surely ;)

Also, when you have clicked to download a movie, if it is not seen complete within 3-4 days I would simply stop downloading it :(

hope this helps, Rich :)
ital

Post by ital »   0 likes

Thanks m8 :wink:

Post by Guest »   0 likes

You only need one source. Unfortunately, that source has to be a good one. By good, I mean that:
1. He must be stable (good connection, reasonable upload speed, should not go offline frequently).
2. He must set the upload priority of the file to release. This results in less waiting time for anyone downloading that file from him. Needless to say, it works best if this file is the ONLY file in his shared files that is on release priority.
3. The people downloading must also do their bit to propagate the file. The moment you have at least one part complete, please go to your shared files page and set the upload priority for that file to release. That makes you a helper client for that file.

This helps in two ways:
a) Every part you get from the releaser becomes quickly available to other downloaders. This frees the releaser from having to upload the same part over and over, thus spreading more parts to other clients.
b) You earn credits with the other people downloading the same file (by uploading to them). This means that as soon as they get a part which you don't have, you'll get it pronto.

Post by Guest »   0 likes

emuler wrote: 3. The people downloading must also do their bit to propagate the file. The moment you have at least one part complete, please go to your shared files page and set the upload priority for that file to release. That makes you a helper client for that file.
Yes, cannot stress this point enough, I'm connected 24/7 and have set files I've posted here to release, however my upload capacity is limited to 3kb if I had the capacity to upload more this would not be a problem, so people who are downloading these files should set them to release until the file is propagated enough, also once the download is complete keep it on release for a few weeks as well, don’t just burn it on a CD and then delete it from your HD ;)