Re: Captcha weird

Problems, requests or comments regarding forums or the main site go here.
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

Welcome back Guest. Actually, FLM's been up for a couple weeks now.

Now that you're in, you won't see the captcha (at least I haven't seen it again). Ask mimzy to merge your old and new user records. He's done a great job reviving FLM, like a phoenix from the ashes.

We're still missing many of the regulars - if you know how to contact anyone, let them know where we are now.
mimzy

Post by mimzy »   1 likes

Sorry about the captcha. It is actually possible to use different types of captchas, but those that are easier for humans are also easier for spambots... I have tested the current captcha and most of the time I could solve it easily. It might be easier once you are used to it. Now that you are in, the captcha should not appear again anyway, unless you (or somebody trying to hack your account) miss-type your password 3 times.

BTW, once I had to clear cookies to be able to log in. This happened after I changed some board settings and should not normally happen in a production system.

Another note: once I was logged out when I pressed "Preview" and I lost my post (same think apparently also happened to kev once). The reason is still unclear, so it might be a good idea to copy text to clipboard, just in case.

I merge the accounts of recognized users regularly.

Welcome back :bigups
mimzy

Post by mimzy »   1 likes

Guest wrote:If you have the time could you merge my old and new user account records. TIA.
Already done as you wrote this -- you have 156 posts now and registered in August 2010 ;)

The old accounts only contain nickname, registration date and last visit date. All other records, including private messages, are lost.