Contacting members

Problems, requests or comments regarding forums or the main site go here.
loverboy

Contacting members

Post by loverboy »   0 likes

Have a think guys if you've got any way of contacting previous members to up the membership here.....looks like I've bagged a couple overnight but we need many more of the regulars back.

It's really the core membership I'm after.....popdrome, idler, ptg etc but anyone really will be very welcome. Has somebody got a RFF account & feels like posting on their forum?.....CIC?......I know the LMA email addy is a bouncer but I can probably use an alternative way to contact pop.

The twitter page ought to grab those visiting & registered, assuming they look further than the FLM status page although I'm at a loss to understand why both Mimzy & willow deleted their memberships.

I'll also have a go at contacting the Reel Boys website & anywhere else suitable I can think of.

Obviously be sensible, think of your own security/safety & only post in appropriate places.

lb
mimzy

Re: Contacting members

Post by mimzy »   1 likes

loverboy wrote:The twitter page ought to grab those visiting & registered, assuming they look further than the FLM status page although I'm at a loss to understand why both Mimzy & willow deleted their memberships.
Phuzzy posted the new address on the twitter anyway and I'm a bit uncomfortable with twitter, so I've been deleting my old tweets regularly. My account https://mobile.twitter.com/flmimzy still exists, though. I will use it if there are technical problems with the current site (I think it's better if people just bookmark the link, not follow).
loverboy

I've now re-registered at rarefilmfinder where there is already a thread running querying the demise of FLM. I've now updated the thread with this website address.

I must remind those considering doing something similar there are possible security/safety implications with leaving an internet footprint. However, these can be minimized by browsing using the Tor network or a proxy.

lb
mimzy

loverboy wrote:I've now re-registered at rarefilmfinder where there is already a thread running querying the demise of FLM. I've now updated the thread with this website address.
Thanks lb! Now the message will surely get a wider resonance :icon_1dancingban
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

loverboy wrote:I've now re-registered at rarefilmfinder where there is already a thread running querying the demise of FLM. I've now updated the thread with this website address.

I must remind those considering doing something similar there are possible security/safety implications with leaving an internet footprint. However, these can be minimized by browsing using the Tor network or a proxy.

lb
Cool. I've had little luck using my eMule friends list and haven't been able to contact popdrome to ask if he'd put something on his page.
mimzy wrote:Phuzzy posted the new address on the twitter anyway and I'm a bit uncomfortable with twitter, so I've been deleting my old tweets regularly. My account https://mobile.twitter.com/flmimzy still exists, though. I will use it if there are technical problems with the current site (I think it's better if people just bookmark the link, not follow).
I don't like twitter much, except - - - Chloe Moretz uses it a lot so if you want to follow her daily activities... :mrgreen:
loverboy

Phuzzy4242 wrote:

lb
Cool. I've had little luck using my eMule friends list and haven't been able to contact popdrome to ask if he'd put something on his page.
mimzy wrote:Phuzzy posted the new address on the twitter anyway and I'm a bit uncomfortable with twitter, so I've been deleting my old tweets regularly. My account https://mobile.twitter.com/flmimzy still exists, though. I will use it if there are technical problems with the current site (I think it's better if people just bookmark the link, not follow).
I don't like twitter much, except - - - Chloe Moretz uses it a lot so if you want to follow her daily activities... :mrgreen:
With eMule, you need to identify anyone from FLM to be able to do this successfully, & to get a message through they must be actually downloading from you or you downloading from them. You're a prolific sharer Phuzzy & I think your client is the same as mine which means we shouldn't be talking at cross-purposes. Obviously anyone with an FLM tag is fair game as is anyone who's grabbed a significant amount from you (the law of averages means if somebody's had a couple of gb from you they're likely connected with FLM). Your MorphXT client will identify anonymous users, giving them a unique 'funnynick' & a quick peek at their 'details' will reveal how much you've uploaded to them. Don't give me a slot (or anyone else already here!) but reserve them for 'targets'. As soon as you identify one, make them a friend & give them a slot, wait for them to start downloading, then send them a message. It sounds cruel & you may well hear some bleating but as soon as you're sure the message has got through, remove the friend-slot, ready for the next one. The object of this exercise is to gather the membership.....there'll be plenty of time for reshare requests later!

I'm so pleased everybody else seems to think twitter is crap.....I thought it was just me being feeble thinking this was probably the most obstructive site & software I've ever used!

lb
loverboy

Strange that Debaser hasn't noticed the twitter page & the pretty obvious clues that were left there.

As there's now no reference on the page to this location I've messaged him which will hopefully give him a nudge.

lb
starfish21

Post by starfish21 »   0 likes

is there any way to tell by the members list if a member has rejoined?
i often see the flm tag in my uploader list in emule,sometimes i send a message more often than not i dont get any answer.
i'd rather know for sure if they're genuine members or not.
mimzy

starfish21 wrote:is there any way to tell by the members list if a member has rejoined?
i often see the flm tag in my uploader list in emule,sometimes i send a message more often than not i dont get any answer.
i'd rather know for sure if they're genuine members or not.
Here is a list of all members who have rejoined:

https://www.first-loves.com/forums/m ... mode=group
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

starfish21 wrote:is there any way to tell by the members list if a member has rejoined?
If you go to User Control Panel, then select Usergroups, you can look at Registered Users to see who's joined/rejoined (this is the same place as mimzy's link).