empty thread

Problems, requests or comments regarding forums or the main site go here.
starfish21

empty thread

Post by starfish21 »   0 likes

both the graveyard and poland threads appear to be completely empty. :o
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Re: empty thread

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

starfish21 wrote:both the graveyard and poland threads appear to be completely empty. :o
The Poland [REQ] section was empty before - everything [REQ]uested was found. The [REL] section still has threads.

mimzy may not have been able to pull the messages from the Graveyard, and even if he did, these were 'trash' removed from other forums - stuff we probably don't need anyway.
mimzy

Post by mimzy »   1 likes

Ironically, also "Posting Rules" is empty :mrgreen:

The reason is that the script I made to save the old site after FLL warned about domain expiration was not able to convert locked threads to database format. I still have those threads in html format and I can repost them if required, but I think most locked threads are trash anyway.

When you click on a link and get "The requested topic does not exist", it's most likely due to missing graveyard. I double-checked and all non-locked threads were successfully converted.

Note that I made the last backup of the old site on July 12 and the board went down on July 16. At least 3 new releases were posted (by agubugugu) between July 12 and 16 -- "Wechselbalg", "Belve Feroci" and "Jeg reiser alene". I hope agubugugu will re-join and re-release those movies.
katzenjammer

Post by katzenjammer »   1 likes

hmm, so that is why i didn't find wechselbalg^^
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

[RREL] Belve Feroci aka Wild Beasts (1984)
[REL] Wechselbalg aka Changeling (1987)
[REL] Jeg reiser alene aka I Travel Alone (2011)

Technically, Wechselbalg and Jeg reiser alene are both [RREL] but I didn't think of it when I was (re)creating the threads. :)