posting images

Problems, requests or comments regarding forums or the main site go here.
loverboy

Re: posting images

Post by loverboy »   0 likes

Nice try with the Top 10 Posters link! :thumbsup

Sadly, it's a bit like some of the screenshots posted in so far as it doesn't do anything.

Can't stop.....I've got some paint I need to watch drying!

lb
ptguardian

Post by ptguardian »   0 likes

I agree with BLT. this is becoming comical.

Ghost I see the image in the url link but the one in your post is broken. is this on purpose? I already tried using the links as mentioned and they never worked for me.

the only thing any one said that made sense to me was this.
gilbert2 wrote: postimage gives different hotlink code to different users. You can see your own images, but other users require a different code.
and he thinks this is to prevent hotlinking and I agree. it would explain why I see the pictures and no one else does.

I already came to the conclusion it is to much trouble to use postimage for anything but thumbnails. for larger images it is easier to use another image host. I discussed all this further here. https://www.first-loves.com/forums/v ... php?t=7560
I did not correct my original picture that caused all this. if I had it would leave all the follow up posts and threads making no sense at all. they are confusing enough I am sure.

I am done discussing this subject for now. it has been resolved already. :)
ptguardian

Post by ptguardian »   0 likes

loverboy wrote:Nice try with the Top 10 Posters link! :thumbsup

Sadly, it's a bit like some of the screenshots posted in so far as it doesn't do anything.

Can't stop.....I've got some paint I need to watch drying!

lb
@Loverboy
I didn't know what you were talking about at first. dwelling over this stupid list? I don't get it.

BLT's new link idea" [Image]"
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

lb was twitting BLT on his "signature" link that takes you directly to the top ten list, as if anybody but BLT cares. I certainly don't, but if that's what floats his boat, it's pretty harmless and ignorable.
FLL

Post by FLL »   0 likes

loverboy wrote:Nice try with the Top 10 Posters link! :thumbsup

Works for me. In more than one sense. An excellent solution to the issue, people who care can look at it and noone else has to. :thumbsup