Linking to pictures

Problems, requests or comments regarding forums or the main site go here.
ital

Linking to pictures

Post by ital »   0 likes

Just some advice :wink:

When linking to pictures can folks please do a preview first to make sure that the pictures show up in their post !!

Some sites like starGalaxy and the new puer.to and some other sites
do not allow direct linking which means that the pictures do not show up :cry:

This makes it hard to see what the posted film is all about.

This is not a criticism, it's to make things easier for us all, and avoiding huge google searches :lol:

When most people decide to opt to download a film, a snapshot picture and brief description is usually enough to go ahead 8)

ital

Re: Linking to pictures

Post by Guest »   0 likes

I should have mentioned this - i think i made Rich work all Saturday... :oops:

"Do not attempt to access pictures or programs from outside this site.

PLEASE, READ THIS:
If you are not coming directly from another site you are most likely using a program like AdSubtract, ZoneAlarm or a certain kind of anonymizer which hides the referer (the page you are coming from). The feature "hide referer" does not make much sense and can normally be turned on and off. Check your programs. - We are sorry for this inconvenience, but we have to protect our site.

Boy and Girl Actors of Europe
PUER.TO"

As for the Forum FAQ:
Can I post Images?
Images can indeed be shown in your posts. However, there is no facility at present for uploading images directly to this board. Therefore you must link to an image stored on a publicly accessible web server, e.g. http://www.some-unknown-place.net/my-picture.gif. You cannot link to pictures stored on your own PC (unless it is a publicly accessible server) nor images stored behind authentication mechanisms, e.g. hotmail or yahoo mailboxes, password protected sites, etc. To display the image use either the BBCode [img] tag or appropriate HTML (if allowed).

So, anybody knows a free upload server?
ital

Post by ital »   0 likes

Check this out... I think it will do what we want :wink:

===============================================

ImageShack is a free image hosting solution. It can be used to share pictures with friends, post images on message boards. It can also be used to direct link images from your personal website or eBay auction. And best of all, it's completely free.

How does it work?

Click the frog logo or the Upload link to be taken to the front page. You can also click the upload button in the upper left corner. Select browse and find an image that you want to upload. Select that image and press OK/Open. Then press the upload button. After a short while (depending on your image size), you see three boxes with a links to your image. The first one is an image enclosed in [img] tags so that you can post it on message boards. The second is a link already parsed in HTML for easy hotlinking on your personal website or ebay auction, and the third is a dynamically generated page that you can use to link to friends.

Does ImageShack allow direct linking?

Direct linking is embedding an image into a message board, personal webpage, or ebay auction. Yes, this is allowed.

===============================================

The great thing to is that:

"we do not require you to register, or even login. This not only preserves your privacy, but also creates a hassle-free environment for hosting your images."

and

Images are hosted for up to a year!!

http://www.imageshack.us/

What do others think?
Rich

Post by Rich »   0 likes

i think i made Rich work all Saturday

:lol:

Don't worry about it ;) It was a pleasure browsing through their database, I found titles to movies I had long forgotten about 8)

Many thanks for the link ;)

Rich :)

Post by Guest »   0 likes

images hack works fine for me up to 600 kb - really plenty for 1 pic.
Good work, ital! :)

[Image]

Venceremos, companeros!
ital

Post by ital »   0 likes

No problems m8...

We are here to help each other out and make this site into the'shareactor' for these types of film :wink:

But hopefully, not fall by the wayside like them !!

Regards

ital 8)