bbantispam.com

Problems, requests or comments regarding forums or the main site go here.
FLL

Re: bbantispam.com

Post by FLL »   0 likes

emuler wrote:I think FLL upped the settings a bit after that patience spammer person/bot sneaked through. :think Overkill, IMHO. One spammer in several months is pretty good, I'd say. :clap That's low enough to delete manually; makes sure that the 'delete' button is still working. :) :cool
Ah, so I am not the only one who has delusions I am more powerful than I am! :)

All admins except ghost would be named "moderators" at most sites, we have no power other than editing and deleting posts, and moving/splitting threads. No ability to ban users or IP addresses, which is why ghost added the bbantispam, he was the one having to do all the bans.

The antispam system will ask again if you change your IP address or clear your cookies. I clear them several times a day, so I have to log in and pass the test quite often, which is a pain but better than the spam. If I had to change the system, I'd exempt users with over 10 posts who have been here over a month. That would keep newly-registered spammers out but make it easier on most people. But that's not how the system works, so we have to live with it.
emuler

Post by emuler »   0 likes

:) Not so bad with Firefox on a 32bit computer. :think With IE on a 64 bit computer I get it every time now.
catweazle

Post by catweazle »   0 likes

I think you are just not writing "catweazle" nicely enough :cool
catweazle

Post by catweazle »   0 likes

Damn :(

'Are you human?' :think
loverboy

Post by loverboy »   0 likes

We have some members here who quite literally, don't speak a word of English. I wonder how they get on? :think

lb
BizarreLoveTriangle

Post by BizarreLoveTriangle »   0 likes

loverboy wrote:We have some members here who quite literally, don't speak a word of English. I wonder how they get on? :think
If they don't understand a *word* of English (also not "post reply" and such), it would be hard to navigate the board anyway.

Non-humans are clearly harassed here, though.
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   0 likes

These are easy questions and not complicated english... Eveyone should be able to get in.. and wtf! there are online translators ;)
emuler

Post by emuler »   0 likes

In IE, this seems to help (a lot). :thumbsup

Tools> Internet Options> Privacy> Sites: address of web site: allow.
ptguardian

Post by ptguardian »   0 likes

is there anyway we can get new questions? these are getting boring. just saying ;) Ghost is it possible?
loverboy

Post by loverboy »   0 likes

ghost has not logged-in for 11 days. I do hope it's not going to be a year + before his return :think

lb