bbantispam.com

Problems, requests or comments regarding forums or the main site go here.
idler

bbantispam.com

Post by idler »   0 likes

Hey! What's that?
html
head
meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1"
title>Advanced Textual Confirmation</title
style type="text/css"
body { font-family:Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:100%; background-color:#cde4f1; color:#000000; }
a:link, a:visited { color:#6699FF; }
a:hover, a:active { color:#FFCC66; text-decoration:underline; }
table { border:0px; border-collapse:collapse; padding:0px; font-family:Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-

size:100%; width:100%; height:100%; background-color:#FFFFFF; vertical-align:middle; }
td { text-align:center; vertical-align:middle; }
div { border:none; margin:0px; padding:0px; }
.footnote { font-size: 66%; background-color:#ffffcc; text-align:center; margin:0px; padding:15px; }
.yell { background: #ffffff; height:100%; }
.question { background: #FCD141; }
/style
/head
body
table
tr td class="footnote" &nbsp; /td /tr
tr td class="yell"
p Answer the question to prove you are not a spam bot, but a human ./p
span class="question" Say "catweazle" /span br br
form action="/modules.php?name=Your_Account" method="post"

input name="bbas4204273024" size="30" value="" type="text" br br
input value="Submit Answer" type="submit"
input type="hidden" name="username" value="idler"
input type="hidden" name="user_password" value="xxxxxxxxxx"
input type="hidden" name="redirect" value=""
input type="hidden" name="mode" value=""
input type="hidden" name="f" value=""
input type="hidden" name="t" value=""
input type="hidden" name="op" value="login"
input type="hidden" name="bbas4018659651" value="f23f89f2675f92d90ada4efdc3eeb8ca"

/form
/td /tr
tr height="40" valign="bottom" td
div class="footnote" This site is protected with a href="http://bbantispam.com/atc/" target="_blank" Advanced

Textual Confirmation /a from a href="http://bbantispam.com/" target="_blank" bbAntiSpam /a.

img src="/8_Advanced_Textual_Confirmation_Is_Shareware_Please_Buy_At_bbAntiSpam_dot_com.png" alt="" title=""

border="0" height="1" width="1" /div
/td
/tr /table
/body/html
I swear I said "catweazle" several times and nothing happened! That's a poor security site! :icon_killcomputer
ptguardian

Re: bbantispam.com

Post by ptguardian »   0 likes

perhaps you didn't say it nicely. try catweazle :heart

lol
:)
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   0 likes

I swear I said "catweazle" several times and nothing happened! That's a poor security site!
Just do it better idler ;)

But finally it worked, otherwise you wouldn't be here :cool
emuler

Post by emuler »   0 likes

idler, make sure javascript and cookies are enabled on this site.

I have a dynamic IP here. Every time my IP address changes (which happens several times a day), I have to go through that exercise again. :wall
FLL

Post by FLL »   0 likes

Cookies yes, javascript no. As far as I can tell javascript isn't needed at all (except when you want the shoutbox to work).

I really depend on the "View posts since your last visit" but IP address changes sometimes confuse that and I miss posts. So when I am done browsing I check for new posts and then log out, that usually seems to work.

And even though answering the question is a pain, we have had zero spams since it was set up. I do wonder if a hack could be added to skip the question for users over 5 posts, though, since the idea is to stop spammers with new accounts from logging in.
emuler

Its not that bad, though I would prefer shorter answers. :think I'll try to get a static IP. :bigups
idler

Post by idler »   0 likes

FLL wrote:As far as I can tell javascript isn't needed at all (except when you want the shoutbox to work).
Well, i need javascript to use the Font Controls in my replys. As an idler, I'm by far too lazy to write HTML! :blush
emuler

:icon_evil2 I've had to type a reply 4 times in the past hour. :wall This is a bit much. :icon_old

[edit] make that 5. :wall
[edit] now 6.
loverboy

Post by loverboy »   0 likes

It does seem entirely inconsistent........I've gone weeks sometimes & then it's virtually every time.
I'd also like to suggest making the questions somewhat easier for the mentally challenged........it was tiresome finding a calculator to work out 42 + 10 & even worse locating my world atlas to check if New York was a river! ;)

lb
emuler

Every time for me too. :(

I think FLL upped the settings a bit after that patience spammer person/bot sneaked through. :think Overkill, IMHO. One spammer in several months is pretty good, I'd say. :clap That's low enough to delete manually; makes sure that the 'delete' button is still working. :) :cool

LOL about the questions, LB. I must say, I was a little stymied by "Do you want to enter?" I did want to enter the site, but didn't want to enter a reply to that question. ;)