6061 registered members

Problems, requests or comments regarding forums or the main site go here.
idler

6061 registered members

Post by idler »   0 likes

That means:
217 members that paid no visit at all
1525 members with last visit 2006
etc.
What's that place? The Natural History Museum? Anybody seen a Brontosaurus? :think

Re: 6061 registered members

Post by Guest »   0 likes

Participation Inequality: Encouraging More Users to Contribute

http://www.useit.com/alertbox/participa ... ality.html
loverboy

Post by loverboy »   0 likes

All well & good, but exactly what are we trying to say here?...............
ptguardian

Post by ptguardian »   0 likes

obviously some anxiety is present. this subject has come up many times already.
having an open forum helps keep sources alive.
any specific area that needs to be addressed? :think
perhaps an automatic deletion if a user has been inactive for some time with out a post. (a year maybe)

i for one don't pay leechers to much attention, but it would be nice to have more participation.
:)

loverboy wrote:All well & good, but exactly what are we trying to say here?...............

:) That this place here is completely normal - representing the common behavior
ptguardian

Post by ptguardian »   0 likes

willow wrote:
loverboy wrote:All well & good, but exactly what are we trying to say here?...............

:) That this place here is completely normal - representing the common behavior

by the numbers perhaps it is normal. i wouldn't be here if the rest was really the norm. :icon_biggrin2

:)
idler

Folks, I don't talk about posts. People may or may not make a contribution as they like. I'm talking about visits. We have hundreds of members who registered and never had a look on the board! And thousands of members who did not visit the board for years! I think one or two years without visit should be enough to delete someone. He can register again anyway, if he just had to serve a term in jail... :cool

idler wrote:Folks, I don't talk about posts. People may or may not make a contribution as they like. I'm talking about visits. We have hundreds of members who registered and never had a look on the board! And thousands of members who did not visit the board for years! I think one or two years without visit should be enough to delete someone. He can register again anyway, if he just had to serve a term in jail... :cool
Some people may have registered accidently just to learn that they are able to lurk without signing in. They may be in fact very busy lurkers LOL

:dance Great to know that any people not signed in for a while are serving... LOL
idler

willow wrote:Great to know that any people not signed in for a while are serving... LOL
Chill out, it was meant as an example. I know very well there are many possible reasons. Couldn't check in from November 07 'til February 08 myself. Not imprisoned, but hospitalized after a heart stroke. :bat_angel

idler wrote:
willow wrote:Great to know that any people not signed in for a while are serving... LOL
Chill out, it was meant as an example. I know very well there are many possible reasons. Couldn't check in from November 07 'til February 08 myself. Not imprisoned, but hospitalized after a heart stroke. :bat_angel
Sad to hear you was so ill - I hope so that you are well again. Please take care of yourself.