losing all new posts from time to time

Problems, requests or comments regarding forums or the main site go here.
mongodisco

losing all new posts from time to time

Post by mongodisco »   0 likes

sometimes when i enter the forum, i loose all new posts and have to check through each subsection for new posts in the last days. This is very timeconsuming, so do any of you have any idea of why this happens.
Debaser

Re: losing all new posts from time to time

Post by Debaser »   0 likes

I always select each topic by opening in a new window, that way unread posts are always visible and do not become hard to find.
mongodisco

Post by mongodisco »   0 likes

yeah, thats all ok, but somtimes it happens that i don't even get the list of new posts.. Like i've already visited the forum, but i haven't.
Rich

Post by Rich »   0 likes

if you get firefox you can simply right click on each forum and open in new tab, the best way to view this forum imo ;)
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   0 likes

I never have problems with it. I don't know whats different in my configuration.
Debaser

Post by Debaser »   0 likes

yeah, thats all ok, but somtimes it happens that i don't even get the list of new posts.. Like i've already visited the forum, but i haven't.
Today I am finding the same problem..
I just have to keep clicking on the topics that say "today".

Ok its not the end of the world, but its still annoying.
billanben

Post by billanben »   0 likes

Same here - posts I definitely have not seen as I did not logon yesterday !!

As a workround, can we have a "posts in the last x days" feature ? This would have to include current day so that effectively, last two days = yesterday + today.

Thanks
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   0 likes

I will see what hacks for PHP Nuke i can find, but on the index page you can see posts from yesterday and today on the right.
FLL

Post by FLL »   0 likes

Debaser wrote:I just have to keep clicking on the topics that say "today".

Ok its not the end of the world, but its still annoying.
billanben wrote:Same here - posts I definitely have not seen as I did not logon yesterday !!

As a workround, can we have a "posts in the last x days" feature ? This would have to include current day so that effectively, last two days = yesterday + today.

Thanks
In case not everyone realizes... there is a way to use search to do this right now, not as convenient as the "View new posts since last visit" link but a whole lot better than clicking topics from the main forums page.

You go into search, enter the keyword to search for as *, and under the search options set "Search previous" to either 1 day or 7 days, depending on how long it's been.
ghost wrote:but on the index page you can see posts from yesterday and today on the right.
Where? I don't see it, unless you're talking about the "Last Post" which isn;t the same thing.
billanben

Post by billanben »   0 likes

Thanks for suggestions - I don't see the today and previous day either :-(