For Admins of site - Possible memory leak through Macromedia

Problems, requests or comments regarding forums or the main site go here.
billanben

Re: For Admins of site - Possible memory leak through Macrom

Post by billanben »   0 likes

OrionPax wrote:
billanben wrote:
OrionPax wrote:I Adblocked the flash animation at the top, it was too distracting :|
yeah, just Adblock if it is a problem for you, that’s one solution :)
Hmm I would but there is also a known issue with the ADBLOCK extension with Flashgot, also cannot use BLOCKFLASH as this (at moment) requires JScript enabled !!

Rich - if I leave open all night will have crashed PC by morning (CPU around 50% on FF, and memory around 200-250K on FF). I will try Adblock again but (Orionpax) have you Flashgot + ADBLOCK ? You not having problems ? The animation is the First Love Movies at the top with the circles.
I actually do have Adblock + Flashgot installed and have never had any problems, but why do keep FF open? wouldn’t it be easier just to close it?
Only use session cookies so is PITA to login again each time. Actually the memory leak is with Adblock Filterset.G Updater and Flashgot - known issue they are working on it.
Thanks for your suggestion OP.
billanben

ghost wrote:I also had the same problem some days ago and i don't know what's wrong with the flash file..

I am on it.
Any joy with this Ghost - can naRROW THE PROBLEM NOW TO WEHN THE SHINING START BITS DISPLAY - cpu JUSMPS UP TO ABOUT 50% FOR FIREFOX - HAVE LASTEST VERSION).

Apologies for caps realised too late !
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   0 likes

billanben wrote:
ghost wrote:I also had the same problem some days ago and i don't know what's wrong with the flash file..

I am on it.
Any joy with this Ghost - can naRROW THE PROBLEM NOW TO WEHN THE SHINING START BITS DISPLAY - cpu JUSMPS UP TO ABOUT 50% FOR FIREFOX - HAVE LASTEST VERSION).

Apologies for caps realised too late !
Damned! It's really the 'shining' in the logo....

Changed now.
billanben

Hi Ghost

Thanks for that - just whacks up to between 35-50% CPU now for FF when the characters fragment and then reform. It looks like the whole thing with this animation is causing the problem.

Anyway, as I said, much better now so can probably live with this - this won't crash client as is just momentary CPU spikes.
Cheers
BizarreLoveTriangle

Post by BizarreLoveTriangle »   0 likes

I have javascript and flash disabled, so my PC stays nicely cool and quiet, no popups, etc. I wonder what's the point of that flash banner anyway :think