Updated Forum

Problems, requests or comments regarding forums or the main site go here.
mongodisco

Re: Updated Forum

Post by mongodisco »   0 likes

but hey people..

don't forget that orionpax made a nice backup of our site late november. Most of the missing threads should be possible to restore with info from that backup-file.

does anybody know where that thread is now..? It started with rich telling that he wanted to retire, and some of us started on the work compiling a db. Been looking for it but i can't find the thread anymore. Inside that one was the new db posted with a password..

Edit: found the db on my hd...

here is the
Like this post to see ed2k links  [1.43 Mb]

a password is needed to unpack..
pw: 31B8A3D6FF4082C5021B170354932FA9

Post by Guest »   0 likes

https://www.first-loves.com/forums/v ... 2cdd5#5546

I can't stand that "We have 2600 registered members and most don't post" stuff. Same discussion at Fileheaven: 16 000 members, 200 posters.

If 2600 are delivering a daily post, you have 33 seconds to review a post - if you are reading posts 24/7, that is. You better be grateful that they don't, Ghost! :)

BTW, I wonder why Rich's post was deleted if he wasn't removed as a member? - lol - Must have been a hell of a script. You rolled up the entire board! :eyecrazy:
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   0 likes

mongodisco wrote:but hey people..

don't forget that orionpax made a nice backup of our site late november. Most of the missing threads should be possible to restore with info from that backup-file.

does anybody know where that thread is now..? It started with rich telling that he wanted to retire, and some of us started on the work compiling a db. Been looking for it but i can't find the thread anymore. Inside that one was the new db posted with a password..

Edit: found the db on my hd...

here is the
Like this post to see ed2k links  [1.43 Mb]

a password is needed to unpack..
pw: 31B8A3D6FF4082C5021B170354932FA9
Thanks for the Link..
I'll try my best
mongodisco

will try to check the subforums for the nordic countries later this weekend...

don't have time tonight, but maybe tomorow... depending whether it's nice weather or not. If it's nice, then i'll be crosscountry skiing in the daytime. but at least on sunday i have some time to check out those sections...

edit: is it possible to have a mod in the forum that makes the posted ed2k-links shorter? At a norwegian ed2k-forum that i'm a member of, we have a mod that shows only the name, filesize and link to razorback stats-server.. (the last, so you can check how well a movie you have released, is spreading). Something similar is to be found at fileheaven.

edit2: have Rich left the forum completely or?
ghost
Site Admin

idler wrote:https://www.first-loves.com/forums/v ... 2cdd5#5546

I can't stand that "We have 2600 registered members and most don't post" stuff. Same discussion at Fileheaven: 16 000 members, 200 posters.

If 2600 are delivering a daily post, you have 33 seconds to review a post - if you are reading posts 24/7, that is. You better be grateful that they don't, Ghost! :)

BTW, I wonder why Rich's post was deleted if he wasn't removed as a member? - lol - Must have been a hell of a script. You rolled up the entire board! :eyecrazy:
Rich asked me to find a way to clean the memberlist.
And why the forum needs thousands of dead members in the database?

As is said, it wasn't my intention to delete any posts.. Just was an fucking error in the script wich is fixed now.

So everything should be fine in the future.

Hey! Shit happens. Don't worry about it too much.

I once formatted someone's hard drive and reinstalled Windows, only to discover that the driver CD provided by the manufacturer was no longer readable. :nervous: :lol: I had to go home, download the drivers from the manufacturer's website using my own PC, burn them to CD, and go back to install the drivers. Nearly lost a friend that week. :lol:
ghost
Site Admin

edit: is it mossible to have a mod in the forum that makes the posted ed2k-links shorter? At a norwegian ed2k-forum that i'm a member of, we have a mod that shows only the name, filesize and link to razorback stats-server.. (the last, so you can check how well a movie you have released, is spreading). Something similar is to be found at fileheaven.

Hmm not bad. If someone has an idea how to realize it...
edit2: have Rich left the forum completely or?
No, Rich hasn't left.
mongodisco

hi ghost... i have sent you an pm with link to a textfile with info on possible forumchanges...

Im sorry if this question has already been answered, but just to clarify, are these titles being reposted from memory or a list?
mongodisco

these titles are reposted on the background of the backup-file i posted yesterday in this thread, at least i think. For the more recent additions, maybe we have to rely on our brisk memory.. Will look more into reconstructing threads later this weekend.