Thoughts on adding tags to movies

Problems, requests or comments regarding forums or the main site go here.

Thoughts on adding tags to movies

Post by Guest »   0 likes

Solution: Will everyone who has posted a release please edit the first post and put the following tags there as applicable:
NN - No nudity
GN - Girl nudity
BN - Boy nudity
F - family viewing

The last one needs some explanation. Basically, all the movies here involve children. However, some are meant to be watched by adults, while others can be watched by all, adults and children alike. The Railway Children falls into the F category, as does Monkey Trouble, Homecoming, and a whole heap of movies featured here. Only pervs would show something like Maladolescenza to small children, so that would not rate an F.

This is reply to emulers post from a different thread with mainly with my own ranting. Thought this should have its own thread.

I like the idea of tags. But I don’t think we should be shorting or abbreviating. If you’re English is really good it would make sense. But if English is your second or even third language it would not be as easy to figure out. It would prob be better just to spell the whole thing out.

Plus I know age is a factor for a lot of people. CMVM (or what ever it is) site does a very good job of breaking up movies into mainly categories. So I think adding a tag with an age range and screen time for that range would not be a bad idea.

I'm worried we might make it too complex and everyone will do it differently.

I would like to propose just using this as a standard copy paste in text. Heck if rich is interested I might be able to mod it into the forum as an option.

Girls
[Age 5 & under] [ ]
[Age 6 – 9] [ ]
[Age 10 – 12] [ ]
[Age 13 – 14] [ ]
[Age 15+] [ ]
[Large Roll] [ ]

Boys
[Age 5 & under] [ ]
[Age 6 – 9] [ ]
[Age 10 – 12] [ ]
[Age 13 – 14] [ ]
[Age 15+] [ ]
[Large Roll] [ ]

[Girl Nudity 12 & Under] [ ]
[Girl Nudity 13+] [ ]

[Boy Nudity 12 & Under] [ ]
[Boy Nudity 13+] [ ]

[Family] [ ]
[Romance] [ ]
[Comedy] [ ]
[Drama] [ ]
[Thriller] [ ]

Because of Winn-Dixie Example

Girls
[Age 5 & under] [ ]
[Age 6 – 9] [X]
[Age 10 – 12] [X]
[Age 13 – 14] [ ]
[Age 15+] [ ]
[Large Roll] [X]

Boys
[Age 5 & under] [ ]
[Age 6 – 9] [ ]
[Age 10 – 12] [X]
[Age 13 – 14] [ ]
[Age 15+] [ ]
[Large Roll] [ ]

[Girl Nudity 12 & Under] [ ]
[Girl Nudity 13+] [ ]

[Boy Nudity 12 & Under] [ ]
[Boy Nudity 13+] [ ]

[Family] [X]
[Romance] [ ]
[Comedy] [X]
[Drama] [ ]
[Thriller] [ ]

Not sure if it’s too big or more should be added. Maybe we should think about one for releases as well. Thoughts?

Re: Thoughts on adding tags to movies

Post by Guest »   0 likes

But I don’t think we should be shorting or abbreviating.
The main advantage is that tags could be added in the title of the post itself, and so be visible in the index.

As to the tags not being easy to understand, either they can look them up in the FAQ, or (better) Rich can show a legend listing the full forms of all available tags at the top or bottom of the page.

Sadly, we can't use the official rating system (G, PG, A, NC-17, R etc.) as most of the foriegn films listed here are unrated, but we can use them as a guide for our own ratings.