uloz.to

Problems, requests or comments regarding forums or the main site go here.
User avatar
popdrome
Posts: 1809
Likes:
Joined: Sat Mar 25, 2006 1:00 am

Re: uloz.to

Postby popdrome » Thu Jul 14, 2016 7:28 am  0 likes

mimzy wrote:This was more of an example to give you an idea of the size of FLM archive. We have less active members than would be needed to share the archive via eMule.

Phuzzy4242 wrote:Sadly, many of the regulars are no longer with us so it falls on fewer of us to carry the load and to retain what's been released here. I don't see any way to fix that.

uloz.to? :eusa_whistle


piratebay.org? :cry: serienjunkies.org? :bdaysmile sddfilms? kickasstorrents? :icon_badidea

my $0.02 I know we'd want it to be an "archive", this FLM, but it isn't an archive. It's a history of e-mule links. And like with all history, some of it is actual, some of it isn't. It was started as eMule and let's keep it eMule. that's my opinion.
- WANT SOMETHING RESHARED? JUST ASK! -
User avatar
mimzy
Posts: 998
Likes:
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:00 am

Re: uloz.to

Postby mimzy » Thu Jul 14, 2016 11:56 am  1 likes

I respect your opinion. It's just that I'm afraid FLM will die, because less and less users are eMule capable. You can't (easily) run eMule in smartphone or tablet and filesharing with mobile connection is impossible anyway. As Phuzzy wrote in previous post, the number of eMule users has dropped by half in last two years and the trend will probably continue. New and inexperienced users get frustrated, because they expect the links to actually work, not to be of historic value only.

Any other ideas about how to popularize eMule and FLM? Facebook? Twitter? iTunes and Netflix links?
User avatar
popdrome
Posts: 1809
Likes:
Joined: Sat Mar 25, 2006 1:00 am

Re: uloz.to

Postby popdrome » Fri Jul 15, 2016 6:16 am  0 likes

mimzy wrote:Any other ideas about how to popularize eMule and FLM? Facebook? Twitter? iTunes and Netflix links?


That's a good questions and I see your point. I haven't given it much thought though. I am contributing, what else can I do.
I think in the future less people will care about owning files on drives. Streaming is very popular and when everything popular is available through streams, maybe only sentimental people (like me) will want to own a copy. :think I agree there is no filesharing on mobile platforms although there are hundreds of services for streaming, legal and illegal.

You and phuz have a point the numbers of users dropping etc. Dunno, really. I'll give it some thought.
- WANT SOMETHING RESHARED? JUST ASK! -
User avatar
kev
Site Admin
Posts: 3184
Likes:
Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2006 1:00 am

Re: uloz.to

Postby kev » Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:12 pm  1 likes

Hopefully we all have come to a satisfactory common ground. ;)

[Image]

EDIT:For those not familiar with the old ?American? saying/idiom: 'Beating a dead horse'; it refers to continuing to argue an issue that has already been concluded; something that's considered to be pointless.

More info:
http://www.knowyourphrase.com/phrase-me ... Horse.html ;)

kev.
User avatar
popdrome
Posts: 1809
Likes:
Joined: Sat Mar 25, 2006 1:00 am

Re: uloz.to

Postby popdrome » Sat Jul 16, 2016 2:30 am  0 likes

kev wrote:Hopefully we all have come to a satisfactory common ground. ;)

[Image]

kev.


LOL no need for violence kev :icon_frown2 ;)
- WANT SOMETHING RESHARED? JUST ASK! -
User avatar
ptguardian
Posts: 4479
Likes:
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:00 am

Re: uloz.to

Postby ptguardian » Sat Jul 16, 2016 6:29 am  0 likes

I find meat is always best when tenderized first.

:P
User avatar
mimzy
Posts: 998
Likes:
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:00 am

Re: uloz.to

Postby mimzy » Sat Jul 16, 2016 1:40 pm  1 likes

kev wrote:EDIT:For those not familiar with the old ?American? saying/idiom: 'Beating a dead horse'; it refers to continuing to argue an issue that has already been concluded; something that's considered to be pointless.

What about "Stagnant water grows stinking"?

Maybe we should also stick to 700 MB divx, because 15 years ago we concluded that it was the best format?

Personally I don't care, just wanted to hear people's opinion. Besides it was popdrome who started it :P
User avatar
kev
Site Admin
Posts: 3184
Likes:
Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2006 1:00 am

Re: uloz.to

Postby kev » Sat Jul 16, 2016 4:09 pm  0 likes

ptguardian wrote:I find meat is always best when tenderized first.

:P


:lol:

mimzy wrote:What about "Stagnant water grows stinking"?

Maybe we should also stick to 700 MB divx, because 15 years ago we concluded that it was the best format?

Personally I don't care, just wanted to hear people's opinion. Besides it was popdrome who started it.


I agree, mimzy. :) I think we should have spirited debates on issues important to us. Obviously members adding uloz.to links to threads is an issue with popdrome, hence the reason he started this topic. I just felt after 2 & 1/2 pages of discussion, most of the pertinent points had been made on each side. (Yet here I am adding to the thread; twice!... :lol: )

Of course, I'm not the best debater and relent pretty quickly when faced with fierce opposition. Passive-aggressive, my ex used to call me. Spitefully.

I wasn't trying to offend with my post, just amuse. :roll:

:)

kev.
User avatar
starfish21
Posts: 3376
Likes:
Joined: Tue May 23, 2006 1:00 am

Re: uloz.to

Postby starfish21 » Sat Jul 16, 2016 7:57 pm  0 likes

[Image]
User avatar
mimzy
Posts: 998
Likes:
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:00 am

Re: uloz.to

Postby mimzy » Sun Jul 17, 2016 1:05 pm  1 likes

How about beating a dead mule?

Return to “Site Help & Development”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest