uloz.to

Problems, requests or comments regarding forums or the main site go here.
popdrome

Re: uloz.to

Post by popdrome »   0 likes

mimzy wrote:This was more of an example to give you an idea of the size of FLM archive. We have less active members than would be needed to share the archive via eMule.
Phuzzy4242 wrote:Sadly, many of the regulars are no longer with us so it falls on fewer of us to carry the load and to retain what's been released here. I don't see any way to fix that.
uloz.to? :eusa_whistle
piratebay.org? :cry: serienjunkies.org? :bdaysmile sddfilms? kickasstorrents? :icon_badidea

my $0.02 I know we'd want it to be an "archive", this FLM, but it isn't an archive. It's a history of e-mule links. And like with all history, some of it is actual, some of it isn't. It was started as eMule and let's keep it eMule. that's my opinion.

Don't go quietly into the night.
mimzy

Post by mimzy »   1 likes

I respect your opinion. It's just that I'm afraid FLM will die, because less and less users are eMule capable. You can't (easily) run eMule in smartphone or tablet and filesharing with mobile connection is impossible anyway. As Phuzzy wrote in previous post, the number of eMule users has dropped by half in last two years and the trend will probably continue. New and inexperienced users get frustrated, because they expect the links to actually work, not to be of historic value only.

Any other ideas about how to popularize eMule and FLM? Facebook? Twitter? iTunes and Netflix links?
popdrome

mimzy wrote:Any other ideas about how to popularize eMule and FLM? Facebook? Twitter? iTunes and Netflix links?
That's a good questions and I see your point. I haven't given it much thought though. I am contributing, what else can I do.
I think in the future less people will care about owning files on drives. Streaming is very popular and when everything popular is available through streams, maybe only sentimental people (like me) will want to own a copy. :think I agree there is no filesharing on mobile platforms although there are hundreds of services for streaming, legal and illegal.

You and phuz have a point the numbers of users dropping etc. Dunno, really. I'll give it some thought.

kev
Site Admin

Post by kev »   1 likes

Hopefully we all have come to a satisfactory common ground. ;)

[Image]

EDIT:For those not familiar with the old ?American? saying/idiom: 'Beating a dead horse'; it refers to continuing to argue an issue that has already been concluded; something that's considered to be pointless.

More info:
http://www.knowyourphrase.com/phrase-me ... Horse.html ;)

kev.
popdrome

kev wrote:Hopefully we all have come to a satisfactory common ground. ;)

[Image]

kev.
LOL no need for violence kev :icon_frown2 ;)

ptguardian

Post by ptguardian »   0 likes

I find meat is always best when tenderized first.

:P
mimzy

kev wrote:EDIT:For those not familiar with the old ?American? saying/idiom: 'Beating a dead horse'; it refers to continuing to argue an issue that has already been concluded; something that's considered to be pointless.
What about "Stagnant water grows stinking"?

Maybe we should also stick to 700 MB divx, because 15 years ago we concluded that it was the best format?

Personally I don't care, just wanted to hear people's opinion. Besides it was popdrome who started it :P
kev
Site Admin

Post by kev »   0 likes

ptguardian wrote:I find meat is always best when tenderized first.

:P
:lol:
mimzy wrote:What about "Stagnant water grows stinking"?

Maybe we should also stick to 700 MB divx, because 15 years ago we concluded that it was the best format?

Personally I don't care, just wanted to hear people's opinion. Besides it was popdrome who started it.
I agree, mimzy. :) I think we should have spirited debates on issues important to us. Obviously members adding uloz.to links to threads is an issue with popdrome, hence the reason he started this topic. I just felt after 2 & 1/2 pages of discussion, most of the pertinent points had been made on each side. (Yet here I am adding to the thread; twice!... :lol: )

Of course, I'm not the best debater and relent pretty quickly when faced with fierce opposition. Passive-aggressive, my ex used to call me. Spitefully.

I wasn't trying to offend with my post, just amuse. :roll:

:)

kev.
starfish21

Post by starfish21 »   0 likes

[Image]
mimzy

How about beating a dead mule?