[REL] Rabbit-Proof Fence (2002)

Rich

[REL] Rabbit-Proof Fence (2002)

Post by Rich »   5 likes

emuler

Re: [REL] Rabbit-Proof Fence (2002)

Post by emuler »   0 likes

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0252444/
Official policy between 1910 and 1970 in Australia allowed half-caste Aborigine children to be forcibly removed from their families and incarcerated ‘for their own' good in training schools where their were educated to become fitting servants for white families. This institutionalised eugenics, still recent enough to be remembered by its victims, is still a controversial issue in Australia where the PM John Howard refuses to give an official apology. The film has been doing very well in Australia. The story follows three such girls who are forcibly re-located but escape, and follow the ‘rabbit-proof fence' on a 1500 mile journey back home. The title itself seems to echo not only the yellow brick road of the Wizard of Oz (another journey to reclaim one's wholeness) but the fence that was erected to contain animals – which is just how the Aborigine children are treated, albeit with the best intentions. The story was adapted from a book by the daughter of the youngest surviving half-cast Aborigine portrayed in the film – the actual child actors had mostly never seen a motion picture before let alone acted in one.
loverboy

Post by loverboy »   9 likes

Nicely bumped emuler! :)
A natural progression of my release of 'The Leaving Of Liverpool' was to research any other countries involved in or instances concerning the practice of displacement of children & movies portraying this. 'Rabbit-Proof Fence' is obviously the first one that springs to mind. Many thanks to Rich for the original release (I downloaded this first-time round) although this now appears to be unsourced. There is a 694mb low bitrate DivX STF release already on eMule but hopefully this can be considered an upgrade. Standard 2cd size XviD rip from a usenet DVDR.

[Image][Image][Image]
[Image][Image][Image]
[Image][Image][Image]
[Image][Image][Image]
[Image][Image][Image]
[Image][Image][Image]

File Name .......: Rabbit-Proof Fence 2002 isoRip loverboy.avi
File Size .......: 1,399.01 MB
Duration ........: 01:30:15
Video Codec .....: XviD MPEG-4 codec
Video Bitrate ...: 2039 KB/s
Resolution ......: 720 x 320
Aspect Ratio ....: 2.25:1
Framerate .......: 25 FPS
Audio Codec .....: MPEG-1 Layer 3 (MP3)
Audio Bitrate ...: 128 KB/s (CBR)
Channels ........: 2 Ch

Like this post to see ed2k links  [1.37 Gb]

English subs sourced from opensubtitles.org. Renamed to match avi.

Like this post to see ed2k links  [44.2 Kb]

Enjoy!
emuler

Post by emuler »   0 likes

Thanks, lb. :thumbsup I missed the one Rich posted. :bigups

Bookmarked for later. Just a few more hours to go before my torrents are done and I can get back to eMule. Apologies to all. :(