[REL] The Hunger Games (2012)

kev
Site Admin

[REL] The Hunger Games (2012)

Post by kev »   1 likes

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1392170/

Came across this & thought I'd give a heads up.. ;)

Synopsis:
Suzanne Collins wrote:In a not-too-distant future, North America has collapsed, weakened by drought, fire, famine, and war, to be replaced by Panem, a country divided into the Capitol and 12 districts. Each year, two young representatives from each district are selected by lottery to participate in The Hunger Games. Part entertainment, part brutal intimidation of the subjugated districts, the televised games are broadcasted throughout Panem as the 24 participants are forced to eliminate their competitors, literally, with all citizens required to watch. When 16-year-old Katniss' young sister, Prim, is selected as the mining district's female representative, Katniss volunteers to take her place. She and her male counterpart, Peeta, the son of the town baker who seems to have all the fighting skills of a lump of bread dough, will be pitted against bigger, stronger representatives who have trained for this their whole lives.
Pix: [The posters are fake, with different cast and director from actual film.]
[Image]
[Image]
[Image]
[Image]
11 year old Willow Shields [ http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3094377/ ] (no relation to Brooke) WILL be in the film, portraying 'Primrose "Prim" Everdeen. :heart
[Image]
[Image]
[Image]
[Image]

~Could it be that one of our members is a lovely actress?? :onfire Any bunnies wanna fess up?? :cool lol ~

Anyway, Prim's 16 year old sister 'Katniss', is played by an actress who's really over 20 years old, and will probably have the most amount of screentime. I have no idea how much screen time Willow will have, but hopefully her character will have a fairly big role...

Supposed to be released theatrically March 23, 2012.. From the way things have already gone with this film, a lot could probably change before then.

kev.
For An Angel

Re: The Hunger Games (2012) USA

Post by For An Angel »   0 likes

Oh man, I've been looking forward to this movie since like last year before production even began. I was probably the biggest supporter in the "Chloe for Katniss" campaign. But alas, the Hit-Girl actress wasn't old enough and the part went to Jennifer Lawrence (who is actually still 20, btw).

I haven't read the books, but from what I understand of the stories, Willow probably won't get that much screentime in the first movie but her role is supposed to become more prominent with each successive film. Willow is only 10 right now, which is perfect, because Prim is supposed to be 12 and so it will be easy for Willow to grow with the part. If they had gone with Elle Fanning for the role (which is whom everyone wanted), she would have probably looked older than Jennifer Lawrence by the time they made the last movie.

The 3 books in this series are extremely popular so there's no doubt this movie is going to make a ton of money and it's all but certain that Catching Fire and Mockingjay will also get an adaptation. The series has often been compared to the Twilight saga, mainly because of the age of the heroine, the popularity with the teen demographic and the love triangle in the story. But I gotta say that Katniss is probably the polar opposite of Bella. Katniss is the kind of heroine that will risk her life to protect her family, not someone who mopes and whines and wishes for a knight in shining armor to come and rescue her. Even the romance storyline is only a ploy for her to gain sympathy from the audience during the Hunger Games.

Like I said, I am really looking forward to this and as a small bonus for me, Isabelle Fuhrman (of Orphan fame!) was just recently cast in a small part in this film too! :heart
For An Angel

Let the countdown begin! :clap

Last edited by For An Angel on Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   3 likes

[Image]

http://www.rarefilmfinder.com/showfilm.php?id=34485

This is definitely NOT it (confirmed as "The Social Network")
Like this post to see ed2k links  [700.24 Mb]
mimzy

Post by mimzy »   1 likes

According to sources info, this seems to be "The Social Network" :(
For An Angel

Phuzzy4242 wrote:[Image]

http://www.rarefilmfinder.com/showfilm.php?id=34485

This may be it (UNCONFIRMED!):
The.Hunger.Games.(2012).DVDrip.XviD.avi
A month before it releases in theaters? I seriously doubt it.

PS: The wait for this movie is killing me. :cry:
Last edited by For An Angel on Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:00 pm, edited 4 times in total.
ptguardian

Post by ptguardian »   0 likes

Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

For An Angel wrote:A month before it releases in theaters? I seriously doubt it.

PS: The wait for this movie is killing me. :cry:
I'm already counting the days. Only 28 left!
Yeah, I doubt it too, that's why I said "unconfirmed". Unfortunately, I haven't received the final block of the file so I can't preview enough of it to find out what it really is.

And the survey said!... <BUZZZZZ>... "The Social Network". :lol: Oh well, check out ptg's link for a countdown.
starfish21

Post by starfish21 »   0 likes

it's 'The social network' a movie about the origins of facebook.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1285016/
nice try Phuzzy.
For An Angel

Is it Friday yet :wall

I've been waiting for this movie for at least a year and a half now and the next few days are going to be the hardest. :(

One person I'm really looking forward to seeing is Amandla Stenberg. This is only her 2nd major movie. Her first was Colombiana where she played a younger version of Zoe Saldana's character. In The Hunger Games she plays the Very Important Character of Rue. She's going to steal your heart in this movie. :heart
And as a small bonus... she just happens to be stunning IRL.

[Image][Image][Image][Image]
[Image][Image][Image][Image]