ARTHORIUS

[REL] Splash (1984)

Post by ARTHORIUS »   4 likes

Hello don't really know if this is OT but here it is

http://www.rarefilmfinder.com/showfilm.php?id=29879

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0088161/

[Image]

Plot
As an eight year-old boy, Allen Bauer (Tom Hanks) is vacationing with his family near Cape Cod. While taking a sight-seeing tour on a ferry, he gazes into the ocean and sees something below the surface that fascinates him. Allen jumps into the water, even though he cannot swim. He grasps the hands of a girl who is inexplicably under the water with him and an instant connection forms between the two. Allen is quickly pulled to the surface by the deck hands and the two are separated, though no one else apparently sees the girl. After the ferry moves off, Alan continues to look back at the girl in the water, who cries at their separation. She then dives underwater again, showing her mermaid's tail. Allen comes to believe the encounter was a near-death hallucination, but his bond with the mermaid proves so strong that his subsequent relationships with women invariably fail as he seeks the connection he felt with the mermaid.

Years later, Allen is a co-owner of a wholesale fruit and vegetable business in New York City with his womanizing brother, Freddie (John Candy). Depressed after his latest breakup, Allen returns to Cape Cod, where he briefly encounters eccentric scientist Dr. Walter Kornbluth (Eugene Levy), and again falls into the sea. He wakes up on a beach where he encounters a beautiful nude woman (Daryl Hannah) who, unknown to him, is the mermaid he met as a boy (her tail transforms into legs when it becomes dry). He instantly becomes attracted to her, as she again saves him from drowning. After kissing him, she dives into the sea and leaves Allen to return home. Kornbluth, while diving seeking proof of strange sea creatures, also encounters the mermaid in her sea form, whom he becomes obsessed with finding again.

The mermaid finds Allen's wallet that he dropped in the water and decides to find him in New York. She comes ashore at Liberty Island nude, where she is arrested for indecent exposure. Garnering information from Allen's wallet, the mermaid gets released in his care. She picks up English from watching television all day and is named Madison, after Madison Avenue. Madison is vague about where she comes from and tries to distract Allen from asking questions about her country of origin. She tells Allen that she will be in New York for "six fun-filled days when the moon is full" and if she stays longer, she can never go home again. The reason for this is unexplained, though in the Special Features of the 2004 DVD edition, there is a reference to a deleted scene in which Madison has visited a sea hag and made some sort of bargain.

Despite Madison's occasional unusual behavior, she and Allen fall in love. Meanwhile, Kornbluth, realizing that the nude woman at Liberty Island was the mermaid he had encountered, pursues the couple, trying to expose her as a mermaid by splashing her with water. When he finally does so, Madison is taken in by government scientists led by Kornbluth's cold-hearted former colleague and rival Dr. Ross for examination. However, Kornbluth regrets his actions after he learns that Madison is due to be studied and dissected, as he just wanted to prove that he wasn't crazy.

Impersonating two scientists, Freddie and Allen enter the lab with Kornbluth and manage to smuggle Madison outside. Madison makes it back to the ocean and tells Allen that he can survive under water as long as he is with her. Allen realizes she was the young mermaid he had met so long before, and although Madison warns him that if he comes to live in the sea "he can't go back," he jumps into the water after her and they elude their pursuers. Together they swim along the ocean floor toward what appears to be an underwater kingdom.

[Image]

And the movie

Like this post to see ed2k links  [1.37 Gb]
ptguardian

Re: [REL] Splash (1984)

Post by ptguardian »   0 likes

I see the Ita in the title. is the language of this file in Italian or English?
ARTHORIUS

Post by ARTHORIUS »   0 likes

Sorry the file is in ita :(
starfish21

Post by starfish21 »   0 likes

the poster you posted is for the sequel 'splash too'
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0096159/
here's the correct one

[Image]

i remember this movie Art, i don't think there's anything in it to justify posting it here.
ptguardian

this movie is easily found in English. perhaps watching it would have told you the girl in question have very little screen time. add the fact it is in Italian, the answer to this should be.

to the graveyard

No worries Art I am sure you will hit us with something of interest later. you always do. :cool
starfish21

Post by starfish21 »   0 likes

maybe we could start a mermaid thread, i can't really think of any others to be honest. :think

[Image]

Admin Edit: Does anyone see this one and not the one above: ???
[Image]
ptguardian

starfish you are having the same problem with your image that I was having. right now it shows as broken. I can only see it when I right click and view image. ;)
ARTHORIUS

Sorry the cover is wrong....the movie is right but in italian...

So i must to put in to [Image][Image]
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

There is only about one minute of the little mermaid at the start of the film and maybe a second or two of her topless - and I'm not sure of that because I saw it years ago on VHS and I think the widescreen version is cropped like Pretty Baby was. After that, there are no children at all, so I agree this is probably not FLM. It's a shame, too, because the little girl is really cute.

This is a funny film anyway, with John Candy providing his usual comic relief to Tom Hanks' straight man.
ARTHORIUS

Others opinions b4 moving this in R.I.P. phase?