[REL] Eyes Of An Angel (1991)

loverboy

[REL] Eyes Of An Angel (1991)

Post by loverboy »   5 likes

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0101844/

[Image]

Surprisingly difficult to source, hence..........
http://www.amazon.com/Eyes-Angel-John-T ... B00006JMPR
Bobby Allen doesn't know what it would feel like to have a little good luck come his way. He's without money and without a job. His wife died from a drug overdose. Now, Bobby's trying to do right by the one person left in his life -- his 10-year-old daughter. Things look hopeless and bleak... until Bobby and his child meet a very special dog who desperately needs their help. They dedicate themselves to caring for the injured animal -- and discover that, in an almost magical way, their world will never be the same again.
This is a good movie (it will obviously help if you are a doggie lover!) that has virtually sunk without trace.
FYI........there is a 1.45gb torrent available where everybody (including me) is stuck at 99.9%. This plays as only 70 minutes long & refuses all attempts to repair. Some clever person has even released this incomplete file to usenet :wall .....don't bother with that either! There is also a 508mb file available with tiny resolution that can be dismissed as well. This release was taken from a R/S grab & subjected to the usual audio & video edits to improve quality. I hope you enjoy it!

[Image][Image][Image][Image]
[Image][Image][Image][Image]

File Name .......: Eyes Of An Angel 1991 loverboy edit.avi
File Size .......: 1,047.37 MB
Duration ........: 01:30:37
Video Codec .....: XviD MPEG-4 codec
Video Bitrate ...: 1487 KB/s
Resolution ......: 640 x 480
Aspect Ratio ....: 1.33:1
Framerate .......: 23.97 FPS
Audio Codec .....: MPEG-1 Layer 3 (MP3)
Audio Bitrate ...: 128 KB/s (CBR)
Channels ........: 2 Ch

I'm unsure of the source but I'm guessing a DVD rip, although the quality can be considered no better than average.

Like this post to see ed2k links  [1.02 Gb]

Enjoy!
emuler

Re: [REL] Eyes Of An Angel (1991)

Post by emuler »   0 likes

Woof! Woof! :onfire (that means thanks).
ptguardian

Post by ptguardian »   0 likes

:cool i never heard of this. cool find LB - thanks :cool

:)
loverboy

Post by loverboy »   0 likes

Another one that could upgrade this nicely released today at CG.

[Image][Image]

Screenshots show a good quality, crisp, 2.35:1 A/R HDTV rip that appears to have 'lost' 3 minutes, probably simply for scheduling as there was never questionable content in this.
I'm miles from home at present so can do nothing about this until my return when I will grab this & release here.........unless of course anyone else would care to oblige.
Don't let the lack of many comments for the original release influence you.......this is a good movie that gets the loverboy seal of approval & should look the dog's bollocks in widescreen.

lb
loverboy

Post by loverboy »   2 likes

I need to release this & get it over with as I'm beginning to get quite obsessive about this one & also somewhat frustrated.

Forget about this only appealing to doggie lovers, Ellie is an absolute sweetheart & Travolta enough of a wanker to make the whole thing work rather well. You'll have gathered I like this one!

DVD availability of this is poor with the only affordable option being a Spanish release (fortunately with an English audio stream) & an advertised A/R of 4:3. I'm reluctant to buy this as I have a gut feeling quality could end up being no improvement over what has been released already.

There's a usenet DVDR of I guess, a TV rip as there's an MGM logo present in the top left corner throughout. Sadly someone has seen fit to release this with hard-coded Dutch subs so that's a no-no. I deleted this without checking the A/R but I'm guessing it was widescreen around 1.8:1.

So we end up with the CG 2.35:1 A/R HDTV rip. It's not perfect but is a definite improvement over the original. There's another MGM logo present but this time in the bottom right corner & it's been cropped slightly. I'm guessing this was a widescreen TV release with top & bottom black bars & the logo present over part of the bottom bar, hence cropping to this A/R partly removed it. This is a good quality rip for a modest file size that fills a widescreen monitor or TV well. Give it a try!

[Image][Image][Image][Image][Image][Image][Image]

File Name .......: Eyes of an Angel (1991) HDTVRip [CT.SG].avi
File Size .......: 1,189.15 MB
Duration ........: 01:27:06
Video Codec .....: XviD MPEG-4 codec
Video Bitrate ...: 1844 KB/s
Resolution ......: 720 x 304
Aspect Ratio ....: 2.36:1
Framerate .......: 25 FPS
Audio Codec .....: MPEG-1 Layer 3 (MP3)
Audio Bitrate ...: 64 KB/s (CBR)
Channels ........: 2 Ch
Language ........: ENGLISH

My thanks go to carmentipa at CG for the original release. This is unseeded at present but could be (by me) although to do so would serve no purpose as this is now an ed2k release.

Like this post to see ed2k links  [1.16 Gb]

Oh, & this is actually released bearing the US title of 'The Tender'.

Enjoy!
ptguardian

Post by ptguardian »   0 likes

this was broadcast on SAT MGMhd and I have seen a few of these pop up on Russian torrent but they have Russian dub, the rip you posted is from the same broadcast I bet, but fortunately with English audio.

here is a screencap from original source
[Image]
note the full symbol and black bars.

I think the rip you have posted will be a great upgrade thanks LB

I look forward to it. :cool
loverboy

Post by loverboy »   0 likes

Thanks for clearing that up ptg.......I'm betting SAT MGM have got better resources than I have for enhancing something that was basically released straight to video. I'll hang fire on buying the DVD unless I achieve sudden wealth!

lb