[REL] Purple People Eater (1988)

Rich

Post by Rich »   5 likes

Purple People Eater (1988)

[Image]
A kid plays the old novelty song "Purple People Eater" and the creature actually appears. The two then proceed to help an elderly couple who are being evicted by their greedy landlord.
http://www.dreamstarlets.com/lobby/main ... urple.html

I remember this from an old on-topic movie list somewhere, could be wrong :?

Worth a try I think...

Like this post to see ed2k links  [705.56 Mb]

Rich :)
Rich

Post by Rich »   3 likes

Purple People Eater (1988)

I could swear this was listed at moviegirls in the past :think

Like this post to see ed2k links  [700.14 Mb]

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0095930/

but i remember it as the big purple people eater :think :wall

hmm :think

edit hmm 35 sources for the soloist... unlikely to be Purple People Eater... :eyecrazy
idler

Re: Purple People Eater (1988)

Post by idler »   0 likes

Rich wrote: hmm 35 sources for the soloist... unlikely to be Purple People Eater... :eyecrazy
But as for the first 5 min, it definitely is! :icon_1dancingban
Rich

Post by Rich »   0 likes

:cool then we will see i guess ;) could be totally off topic though :think
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   9 likes

Purple People Eater (1988) USA

http://www.rarefilmfinder.com/showfilm.php?id=5099
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0095930/

[Image]
IMDb wrote:A kid plays the old novelty song "Purple People Eater" and the creature actually appears. The two then proceed to help an elderly couple who are being evicted by their greedy landlord.
This is definitely on-topic.

Like this post to see ed2k links  [700.14 Mb]
ptguardian

Re: [REL] Purple People Eater (1988)

Post by ptguardian »   0 likes

This is one of those hidden little gems that should have a rebirth on the movie scene. Considering Neil Patrick Harris is a big commodity in Hollywood right now, it would be great to see this remastered. An odd and basically stupid idea for a movie, yet pairing it with a bunch of great actors it becomes enjoyable and addictive to watch. It has pre-Doogie Howser and Screech, adding Shelly Winters and Thora Birch making the chemistry between actors way better than it should be for such a silly script. Add in a cool late 50's soundtrack with cameo's from Little Richard and Chubby Checkers it is fun fun for everyone cheesy eighty's style. The girls are cute and the ending song really shows off the charisma of the little performers.(Mimicking Shirley Temple for part of it?)

Thanks for reviving this Phuzzy, it is one of those movies that everything about it tells you that it should suck and then you end up having a good time anyway? :D

:thumbsup
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

I confess to scanning through it just to be sure it was good - the cleanup project in Unverified takes a lot of time but it's worth it. We've verified (or not) about 2/3 of the films. Of the 40 or so remaining, I've already hunted almost 20 of them to get good descriptions, screen caps, and/or download links.

If even a few of the lurkers who have downloaded these since they were "bumped" would just post a comment about whether a film is on-topic, verify the download links, and/or release them on eMule, this would go a lot faster.

The next project after we've cleaned up Unverified will be the Requests section. :mrgreen:
starfish21

Post by starfish21 »   0 likes

you're doing a grand job,phuzzy.when i first found FLM way back in 2006,i spent months going through the database,clicking on just about every link i could find,quite a lot of them appeared to be dead so i gave up on them,and because there were so many working links,i never went back to them.i've obviously got a much better understanding of FLM and emule now as well as reshare requests.the point i'm making is having all these old links presented to me is like finding FLM all over again,i've untill recently always been too busy loking for new stuff to look at the wealth of movies already posted here over the years.
[Image]