[REL] Stridulum aka The Visitor (1978)

Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

[REL] Stridulum aka The Visitor (1978)

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

Stridulum aka The Visitor
[Image]
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0080100/ (IMDb says 1979 but the opening titles say 1978).
The soul of a young girl with telekinetic powers becomes the prize in a fight between forces of God and the Devil.
This is a little-known film with quite a few stars in it like Mel Ferrer, Glenn Ford, Lance Henriksen, John Huston, Sam Peckinpah, and Shelley Winters. Paige Conner is Katy, a scary little girl who seems to be a real sweetheart... but isn't. As far as I can tell, this is the only movie she was in. This has an all-American cast though it's an Italian-made film. Admittedly, it's not a great movie, with lots of overacting (did Shelley Winters ever not chew the scenery??), a horrible music score, and a disjointed story line, but it's one of those "Gee, I'd like to see it again because it might not be as bad as I thought" movies, besides which Paige is pretty, even when she's scary. From what I remember, this is definitely not on a par with Exorcist though it shamelessly steals chunks from all the demonic movies of the time (The Birds, Rosemary's Baby, The Omen, etc.), so don't get your hopes up.
[Image]
The version I saw in the early 80's was in English on VHS but the several versions on eMule I've seen have Italian dubbing and no subtitles, and the DVD version is reputed to be longer with additional scenes. If anyone has the English version (or English subtitles for the DVD version), I would appreciate it.
worf12

Re: [REL] Stridulum aka The Visitor (1978)

Post by worf12 »   0 likes

downloading it now, no telling how long it will take to upload it here. Ask again on monday if it is not posted by then. not sure how long it will take to download. :thumbsup

worf12
Phuzzy4242 wrote:Stridulum aka The Visitor
[Image]
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0080100/ (IMDb says 1979 but the opening titles say 1978).
The soul of a young girl with telekinetic powers becomes the prize in a fight between forces of God and the Devil.
This is a little-known film with quite a few stars in it like Mel Ferrer, Glenn Ford, Lance Henriksen, John Huston, Sam Peckinpah, and Shelley Winters. Paige Conner is Katy, a scary little girl who seems to be a real sweetheart... but isn't. As far as I can tell, this is the only movie she was in. This has an all-American cast though it's an Italian-made film. Admittedly, it's not a great movie, with lots of overacting (did Shelley Winters ever not chew the scenery??), a horrible music score, and a disjointed story line, but it's one of those "Gee, I'd like to see it again because it might not be as bad as I thought" movies, besides which Paige is pretty, even when she's scary. From what I remember, this is definitely not on a par with Exorcist though it shamelessly steals chunks from all the demonic movies of the time (The Birds, Rosemary's Baby, The Omen, etc.), so don't get your hopes up.
[Image]
The version I saw in the early 80's was in English on VHS but the several versions on eMule I've seen have Italian dubbing and no subtitles, and the DVD version is reputed to be longer with additional scenes. If anyone has the English version (or English subtitles for the DVD version), I would appreciate it.

Post by Guest »   25 likes

Great... thanks for the help, FLL..
Here is the eMule link..

Like this post to see ed2k links  [1.10 Gb]
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

I've been downloading that version from eMule for awhile but didn't have enough to preview it yet to see if it was what I was looking for. It's obviously a DVD rip and much better quality than the two other versions partially downloaded, plus it's widescreen too. There are several more versions (and even a subs file) now than there have been the last 5 times I did a search for Stridulum or Visitor.

Like I said, this film isn't great - more "B" movie quality - but I thought it would be appropriate on FLM. No specifically-OT stuff but I liked the ice-skating scene. :)
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

worf12 wrote:downloading it now, no telling how long it will take to upload it here. Ask again on monday if it is not posted by then. not sure how long it will take to download. :thumbsup

worf12
Thanks worf. It looks like the one Guest recommended is going to work fine and it has several full sources - it's dual English/Italian audio so it looks good.
kev
Site Admin

Post by kev »   0 likes

Honestly...

This movie ranks right up there with 'The Child', 'Cathy's Curse' [ Info on both: https://www.first-loves.com/forums/v ... php?t=2306 ] , 'Kiss Daddy Goodbye' [ https://www.first-loves.com/forums/v ... php?t=4962 ], 'Demon Witch Child' [ http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0071465/ ] and 'Manhattan Baby' [ http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0084298/ ] when it comes to low budget movies dealing with 'possessed' little girls going on killing sprees...

You would think with the great directors that the director of THIS film had on set with him [Sam Peckinpah and John Huston] he would have elicited better performances from his actors, ESPECIALLY the main star, Paige Conner [though she is a slightly better actress than the other girls in the above mentioned films.. Only SLIGHTLY... ;) ]

At least one of the other films I mentioned has been released here and was fairly well received, so I'm sure this one will be enjoyed in some fashion... :thumbsup

kev.
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

kev wrote:You would think with the great directors that the director of THIS film had on set with him [Sam Peckinpah and John Huston] he would have elicited better performances from his actors, ESPECIALLY the main star, Paige Conner [though she is a slightly better actress than the other girls in the above mentioned films.. Only SLIGHTLY... ;) ]
kev.
LOL Maybe Paige's southern accent does the trick. ;)
Pardal2008

Post by Pardal2008 »   0 likes

Thanks to all
it will definitely download. ;)
Pardal
All the little girls are in love only to me
beatpats4

Post by beatpats4 »   24 likes

Like this post to see ed2k links  [4.37 Gb]
BR rip for your considratn . . .
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   0 likes

Somehow I missed this movie.

Thanks for the upgrade! :thumbsup